Georgia Aquarium "room for growth" Reviews | Glassdoor

Georgia Aquarium Employee Reviews about "room for growth"

Updated Apr 20, 2019

3.5
Georgia Aquarium Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Board, and Benefactor Bernard Marcus (no image)
Bernard Marcus
Pros
Cons
  • "(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "room for growth"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Georgia Aquarium"

Current Employee - Guest Program Team Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia Aquarium part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and you are able to educate millions from all over the world about the animals and how to preserve our oceans

Cons

There is little room for growth due to the high turnover rate

Georgia Aquarium2018-08-17

"Good career starting point but serious flaws that discolor what could be a much more positive work experience"

I worked at Georgia Aquarium

Pros

Ample PTO, fantastic colleagues, positive/fun nonprofit company mission, professional experience working with multiple teams, incredible animals.

Cons

Low pay compared to industry standard, almost no room for growth. Good starting point for career but not a place to land if you have experience in your field. HR is an absolute mess & operates entirely unchecked, cannot trust any information stemming from the entire department. They are very nice but incompetent people, & nothing seems to warrant an audit of the department despite every single employee I know having received misinformation on multiple occasions which affects their healthcare, pay, benefits. Zero accountability from HR regarding any of their mistakes, even when brought to their attention.

Continue reading
    Georgia Aquarium2019-04-21
  3. "It depends on your department"

I have been working at Georgia Aquarium full-time

Pros

I love my team, I fully support the message, work load is fair, benefits, and vacation time.

Cons

There's very little room for growth if you're looking to stay long term. If you'd like to advance your career, do not expect those steps to happen here.

Georgia Aquarium2018-06-06
  4. "Work on the Weekends and Holidays"

in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia Aquarium for less than a year

Pros

Fun working environment. The animals are amazing.

Cons

Very little room for growth. Pay is menial.

Georgia Aquarium2016-08-15

"Great Benefits But No Growth and Poor Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia Aquarium full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits. Flexible Hours. Amazing Animals and friendly co-workers (excluding some VPs). The Animal care team does an AMAZING job with the animals. Overall a good place to start your career.

Cons

No room for growth. People in higher positions are inconsiderate and rude to employees they feel are "beneath" them. Communication between departments is TERRIBLE. Literally decisions are made without consideration to how it will affect everyone. It's department against department instead of everyone working together toward a common goal. Employees that aren't in higher positions are grossly under compensated. Every department doesn't have the resources it needs to be successful such as staff or equipment. It's a good stepping stone but definitely not a place you want to stay longer than a year. I'm currently looking.

Continue reading