Found 69 of over 185 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Georgia Cyber Academy? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Georgia Cyber Academy employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "work from home, annual raises and bonuses" (in 54 reviews)
- "The staff is extremely helpful and supportive across all departments." (in 5 reviews)
- "Benefits are Amazing!!" (in 5 reviews)
- "A lot of people think that working from home means you can work 10 hours a week and expect flexibility" (in 5 reviews)
- "Excellent coworkers and amazing hours." (in 3 reviews)
- "Overwhelming workload for low pay." (in 20 reviews)
- "low salary seems like admin likes to find things for teachers to do to make sure teachers aren’t at home doing nothing during planning, when in reality there is so much to do….always" (in 11 reviews)
- "Poor pay, high work load" (in 7 reviews)
- "There is no work/life balance." (in 4 reviews)
- "Inexperienced leadership." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Georgia Cyber Academy and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "work from home"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Aug 8, 2021TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Working from home, retirement matching
Every year this company piles on the work for teachers. There is not enough time to get everything done 8-5, you will be working after hours or on weekends to stay caught up. You will be micromanaged by a lot of different administrators and expected to write pages of lesson plans. I have taught at many schools and the lesson plan format GCA uses is the most extensive I’ve ever seen. It’s nice to work from home but not when you’re tied to the computer all day and on weekends. This online school is too much like a brick and mortar school, expect you are not paid according to your educational experience or advanced degree. I would not recommend teaching here at all and this will be my last year here. I hope the school board reads all of these reviews from teachers and makes positive changes to improve the school because it’s not just teachers suffering - students are also overwhelmed with the work load and are only given a few minutes between each class.9
- 5.0May 10, 2022TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Well, this is my favorite (and fourth) school I’ve worked at in education. I work from home and only have to be in person for testing and “community days” every few months. They don’t mind if you’re not home when you’re teaching (you could be in a hotel or with family). The middle school science dept has an amazing team, and we make all of the materials for the kids together. I go back and change it with the help of my Co-T. I usually get my work done before other teachers and then have down time where I can catch up on housework, take my dog out, or take an extra snack break for a while. Honestly, if GCA stays this way forever, I’ll never want to leave. I’ve never had a job I loved as much. It’s convenient, the kids are awesome (minus the 50-60% that don’t participate), my admin aren’t crazy strict, and overall it’s just been a great experience so far! Admin are always there to help when you need it.
GCA definitely isn’t for everyone. You have to be good at figuring things out on your own, and they do change things often. You have to be willing to try new things and not teach the same way every day forever. They try their best to change things to engage kids as much as possible. There are also quite a few days you have to be in person, and some days can be quite busy. My biggest concern is the same concern for all school systems: there isn’t much room for professional growth.2Georgia Cyber Academy Response2y
Thank you for the 5 star rating and review! We are so glad you are working at Georgia Cyber Academy!