- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Georgia
- - Augusta, GA Area
- - Augusta, GA
- - Gracewood, GA
- - Thomasville, GA Area
- - Thomasville, GA
- - Savannah, GA Area
- - Savannah, GA
- - Columbus, GA Area
- - Columbus, GA
- - Dublin, GA Area
- - Dublin, GA
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Decatur, GA
- - Atlanta, GA
- - Lawrenceville, GA
- - Conyers, GA
- - Milledgeville, GA Area
- - Milledgeville, GA
- - Valdosta, GA Area
- - Valdosta, GA
- - Maryland
- - Baltimore, MD Area
- - Columbia, MD
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
- Brazil - All Cities
- - Minas Gerais
- Ghana - All Cities
- - Greater Accra
- - Accra, Ghana Area
- - Accra
Found 115 of over 121 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Nobody wants to work for low pay." (in 8 reviews)
- "Poor leadership." (in 4 reviews)
- "Mandatory hold over policy, pay, management" (in 3 reviews)
- "The salary is below everywhere else." (in 3 reviews)
- "Hospital is filthy and outdated, however the employees who do come to work with a good attitude are the best coworkers." (in 2 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 26, 2022 - Program AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Job Security! In a organization like this, the work is never ending and good people are always needed to help out. Upper management will always take care of you if you do your job and show up to work.
A job is what you make of it.
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 13, 2022 - Social Worker in Decatur, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great teams and co-workers. The people you work with make or break your experience there.
Low pay. Politics. Low morale. Low staff. High attrition.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 12, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Augusta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Meet new coworkers, if you have a passion for helping others this is a great place to start with the individuals who come in the hospital
The workload is huge, currently short staffed so assistants have to take on others' job responsibilities. Drama between management and coworkers. The work life balance is terrible. Sometimes you'll end up working by yourself and get no breaks, or you'll have to stay over for another shift because the one person working after you called out. If you do apply here I recommend only applying for day shift, that way if you have to stay over you can still leave by midnight. Hospital is filthy and outdated, however the employees who do come to work with a good attitude are the best coworkers.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 28, 2022 - Human Resources Technician in Decatur, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Stable Employment 20 Hrs of Leave a Month
No Professional Development Poor Local Management (Really bad) Poor Pay Antiquated processes Lack of Morale & Teamwork
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 12, 2022 - Licensed Professional Counselor in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Comprehensive Benefits Package and Paid Holidays
Cannot think of any cons. Would like to have had more opportunities to work remote.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Jul 5, 2022 - Business Support Analyst in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
You get a chance to work with some amazing people who are willing to help. You will learn alot.
Merit increases are not nearly enough and most departments usually start you off at the minimum of a pay grade. Any promotion after that is only a 5% increase if you are already within the pay range.
- Current Employee★★★★★May 23, 2022 - Business Operations AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Perfect job for retired people that want to get back to work or looking for just a salary to pay some bills. No annual job performance or evaluation, but be ready so you won't get a raise within 5 years. PTO, health insurance and 401K.
Zero career advance Disrespectful salary compensations comparing with the market Unprofessional coworkers Micro management, they don't know betterContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★May 5, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great place to work and the benefits.
No cons, love working here.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Mar 24, 2022 - DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Leadership opportunities were plentiful as was professional development options.
Comparing salaries in the field revealed they were not always competitive.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
My director and assistant director have been exceptionally fair and available to help me personally grow in my profession. Good benefits.
Like most government jobs, the pay is not the best.Continue reading
Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities Reviews FAQs
Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 121 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.
According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
49% of Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.