Georgia Power Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Georgia Power Federal Credit Union Reviews

1.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Stay away far far away!"

Pros

I did enjoy the employees that I worked with. Although we couldn't get caught having fun we made our life there manageable. During the time I was there I had a VERY supportive manager however, his manager (the CEO) was never pleased. The members here were very nice and easy to work with but the members were not as happy doing business here as they should be. I miss working here but not the CEO.

Cons

CEO is extremely hard to work for and difficult to please. Employee turnover is awful. Members are just an account number.

Advice to Management

To the former Senior Collector who posted, I know who you are and you had very big shoes to fill when they fired me. Not trying to pat myself on the back but the delinquency i left them with was well below the peer group level and had charge off recoveries rolling in. You worked with my manager for a short time before the CEO fired him. He was a very outstanding individual. I don't know about your race and sexuality issues but I was white but I am gay but never felt uncomfortable but then again it was the manager I worked with. If GPFCU has mistreated you I hope you get the CEO's paycheck every week cause your probably deserve it for what you went thru.
     Always communicate with employees of all levels and put the entire company on the same track so that all the time and effort and cost involved in training is a long lasting employment relationship.

2. "Employee"

I have been working at Georgia Power Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros very horrible place to work

Cons

Management is very racist, and very unfair. DO NOT WORK HERE

Advice to Management

Get new management

3. "This is the worse company I ever worked for. The salaries are low and no growth opportunity. They are racist"

Former Employee - Senior Collector in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Collector in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Georgia Power Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The CEO gets a large bonus every year!

Cons

I felt as though I was discriminated against for my race, sexuality, and health disability. I have a pending EEOC, NCUA, and NAACP claim filed against them. The board of directors seem to be in cahoots with the CEO and she does not even have a college degree running a Credit Union and its clear. The turn around is 99% because no one can tolerate the CEO. And they have no compassion for people with medical conditions. Employees are not valued they are looked at as a number and can be replaced.

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO!