Georgia Probate Law Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 28, 2018

3.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Work Place that became a Second Home"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Marietta, GA

I worked at Georgia Probate Law Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management and staff at Georgia Probate Law Group invest in each employee - they always ensure that employees feel safe and included in the workplace. In addition, they provide opportunities for growth and advancement. Management follows an open-door policy - they are approachable and eager to hear and address any concerns an employee may have. The atmosphere at Georgia Probate Law Group is one of respect, professionalism, growth, and determination - there is no tolerance for incivility or unkindness. Management is also courteous and accommodating when it comes to employee's work/life balance. The relationships that were made during my time of employment are friendships that will never dissolve. I would highly recommend Georgia Probate Law Group as a place for employment.

Cons

I do not have any negative comments to share regarding Georgia Probate Law Group.

2. "Poor Treatment of Employees"

I worked at Georgia Probate Law Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office provides lunch on Fridays.
    They hire capable and hard-working people.
     The CEO and his wife attempt to have team bonding activities and the attempt to make it look like they're your friends and they want it to be a family environment. Your immediate managers will try to stick up for you and have your back.

Cons

It would be a truly great company if it were not in the hands of the current owners. All of their workers really want to help other people, but the owners are only focused on money.

They set impossible billing hours and impossible standards and when you fail they make it seem like it was your fault and you should have come to them with issues and problems you were having. If you did reach out to them, they tell you to "work harder" and do not provide you with help. They constantly create policies to make the firm " better" then forget said policies and then reprimand you for following it.

Your job description changes constantly.

They ask for your opinion then tear you to shreds when you provide them with your opinion. You bring up problems and issues and they just throw it under the rug.

All I can say is that the client reviews are true.

Advice to Management

You can change your name, and you can change your location, but sooner or later your misuse of people, their emotions, and scamming your clients will catch up to you. You do not actually care about your employees, you will throw them under the bus the second it benefits you.

"SHUT THIS BUSINESS DOWN"

I worked at Georgia Probate Law Group full-time

Pros

The ONLY good thing about working here is that they provided lunch on Friday.

Cons

The owners of this firm are money hungry, shady, unethical, terrible people. Erik should be disbarred and his business should be shut down. They GROSSLY over charge clients and encourage them to open credit cards during their consultations to people that clearly cannot afford their fees. They set impossible billing standards for the legal team and tell you that if you don't meet these unrealistic goals and make them a certain amount of money each month then you will be fired. DO NOT HIRE THIS FIRM FOR THEIR SERVICES. THEY WILL CHARGE YOU EXORBITANT FEES FOR SUB PAR LEGAL WORK. The owners of this firm do not care about their clients or the employees. The ONLY thing they care about is how much money they will get out of you so that they can line their pockets for another BMW. They are a bunch of scam artists. They can try to change their name all they want to hide their bad reviews, but their terrible reputation will continue to follow them.

"Positive Management and Staff"

I have been working at Georgia Probate Law Group full-time

Pros

I’m impressed with the very positive outlook and comments that are made by the CEO to his employees, it motivates the staff. The environment is made up with a friendly atmosphere where it’s easy to communicate with all staff levels. I enjoy working here, especially with Jenn and Erik Broel, they welcome new ideas and also challenge you.

Cons

A little loud at times when I’m trying to crunch numbers, the air temperature is challenge to work in at times.

Advice to Management

To hold staff more accountable with deadlines especially when getting information timely to accounting.

"GA Probate Law Group Review"

I have been working at Georgia Probate Law Group full-time

Pros

There are a lot of growth opportunities. The management listens to any concerns in a non-judgmental approach. The pay is fair and there are bonus programs in place to raise your income. A staff meeting with free lunch is provided every Friday so the office can come together. The management helps you feel more like a community and family, rather than just an employee. They offer health, dental, and life insurance.

Cons

There aren't any 401K benefits.

Advice to Management

You guys have always listened and taken criticism well and I would say keep that up. This has been a really awesome place to work and I am always grateful for the opportunity. The 401K plan would be a nice addition for employees, but I am glad that we do have the health insurance option. Also, I think many employees would prefer hours of operation as 8-5 instead of 8:30 to 5:30.