Cover image for Georgian Court University

42% Recommend to a Friend
18% Approve of CEO

Found 33 of over 37 reviews

2.9
Georgian Court University President Sister Rosemary E. Jeffries (no image)
Sister Rosemary E. Jeffries

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,950

984 Comments

Teachers

215.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Georgian Court University~29198
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Georgian Court University? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Georgian Court University employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Campus is beautiful.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low Pay, No room to advance(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Student Mentor

Aug 12, 2022 - Student Mentor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy, flexible, was able to webcam other students I mentored for safety measures in not getting Covid.

Cons

There really were none. Highly recommend.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

The education sector is going through critical times due to low enrolling numbers.

Dec 19, 2022 - Staff Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offers hybrid work; one day in the office and remote work the rest. Plenty of days off. Able to balance life and work.

Cons

Salary raises have been frozen, high employee turnover rate, a lack of proper training, and added responsibilities to fill in for vacant posts.

3. Join the Georgian Court University team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Demoralizing

Oct 21, 2022 - Professor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small classes; low student faculty ratio. Beautiful historic campus.

Cons

Overworked, under-appreciated, underpaid faculty. As faculty members leave they are not replaced, making the workload for those who remain intolerable. Faculty morale is low, coupled by fear of school going under. (Sale of property and buildings has made this feeling worse.) Shared governance is a myth. School depends on athletics to populate dorms and prop up student numbers. Over time has become a commuter school with gradually lowering admission requirements.

5. 3.0

nice place to work,

Oct 20, 2022 - Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

4 days a week work schedule

Cons

low pay turnover is high enrollment is down

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Training is Not Provided Here

May 31, 2022 - Education Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The opportunity to work with very good and motivated students as they progress through their skills and goals. Students are probably the best part of the job! Campus is probably the safest and most beautiful. Definitely check out Macauley Chapel if you have the chance. Unlimited ice cream at the cafeteria.

Cons

When I got on site the position was nothing like it was advertised to me. All the time that I was at the position, it seemed like my predecessor was waiting in the shadows. Was not given any training or access to the necessary portals and departments that I needed. I wasn't paranoid either. Was reamed out by my Dean for asking for these necessary clearances. My predecessor deleted everything off the computer and took the USB drive with her, so I could not perform my position even if I wanted to. Noticed that my predecessor still had access to various functions to my position. Predecessor blocked me from my ability to interface with other institutions and departments here on campus! Was told by the Dean "I don't train people."

7. 5.0

Associate Professor

Aug 4, 2022 - Associate Professor in Lakewood, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small student to faculty ratio. Most classes are under 20 students.

Cons

The pay seems lower than other universities.

8. 4.0

Gcu

Jun 3, 2022 - Associate Professor
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very good to each other.

Cons

Increase salaries to keep good people

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome school

Jan 24, 2022 - Assistant Coach in Lakewood, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and

Cons

low pay and not great benefits

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Work for Love of the Students not Money

May 5, 2021 - Professor in Lakewood, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collegial faculty, generally well meaning and hard working students, lovely campus

Cons

Pay isn't great. Leadership often seems to lack vision. Good behavior isn't really rewarded and bad behavior is rarely addressed / punished

11. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Co-Workers, Terrible Pay

Apr 14, 2021 - Administration Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a small school so the departments are small and gives you a chance to really get to know your co-workers and form bonds. It also gives you a chance to know students as more than just a number and work directly with them. The insurance is decent.

Cons

The pay is below the average financial aid counselor and with the cost of living in New Jersey, it needs to be improved. The building my department is housed in is overcrowded and no real rules have been in place during the pandemic. We have lost benefits and incentives that we don’t think we will be getting back. Our department is treated as a catch all and we are often blamed for things we have no control over. I mentioned that the insurance is decent, but there are a lot of downsides to it that too.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews
</>Embed

Georgian Court University Reviews FAQs

Georgian Court University has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 37 reviews left anonymously by employees. 42% of employees would recommend working at Georgian Court University to a friend and 10% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Georgian Court University employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Georgian Court University. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

42% of Georgian Court University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Georgian Court University 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Georgian Court University to be culture, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be career development, compensation.

Popular Careers with Georgian Court University Job Seekers