Gerardy Photography Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Photographer"

I have been working at Gerardy Photography part-time

Pros

The company is committed to a high quality product and provides training and feedback to achieve this. Hours are good if you are looking for part-time work during school hours and you like early mornings. Returning photographers can possibly earn end of years bonuses.

Cons

During the season don't expect time off during school hours since company expects employees to be available. Photographers are really more like camera operators and are not encouraged to change settings or lighting at all. Although working with the kids is fun, it's high volume work and you need to work quickly.

Advice to Management

Training & feedback are good resources for employees & end of year bonuses are a real plus.

2. "Don't Believe the Hype For This"

Former Employee - Photography Assistant in Escondido, CA
    Former Employee - Photography Assistant in Escondido, CA

I worked at Gerardy Photography part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You work during a typical day, so it's good for parents

Cons

It's cliquey, they heard the children they photograph like cattle, leads do not care that you only have two hands and two legs and scream at you, constant bending they don't tell you about

3. "Photographer Assistant"

Current Employee - Photographers Assistant in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Photographers Assistant in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Gerardy Photography part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, interactive job working with children, fun but challenging atmosphere. Every day is different.

Cons

can be hard physical work and you work at schools so the typical challenges Come with that. You work with different leads every day so you don't know how the day will go.

Advice to Management

Keep up the pay increases and bonuses the longer you've been with the company. I love the parties and recognition you currently have.

4. "Working as a Photo Crew Lead for Gerardy Photography"

Former Contractor - Crew Lead in Escondido, CA
    Former Contractor - Crew Lead in Escondido, CA

I worked at Gerardy Photography as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The company was very easy to work for. Management was never degrading to the employees. All the supervisors were kind and genuinely nice people. Their work flow as far as transporting equipment from location to location was well thought out system which was a combination of time efficiency and money saving solutions.

Cons

I would say the hours aren't the best. The days were often ten or more hours during the busy months. Then when things slowed down it was hard to get any hours at all. I think the management has a hard time dealing with problem employees. I found there to be a lot of bickering amongst the photographers and their helpers. Very petty things that should have been squashed by management but they would turn a blind eye to the problem cases in hopes they would just get better on their own.

5. "Could've been a better experience"

Former Employee - Photographer's Assistant in Escondido, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer's Assistant in Escondido, CA

I worked at Gerardy Photography full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working here was interacting with children and the bonuses I received for being on-time, gas mileage and holidays.

Cons

Constant traveling around the county and poor management decisions

Advice to Management

My advice for management would be to respect your employees more. I always felt as though they were talking down to the employees, which I think lead to a high level of turnover.

6. "Be very cautious"

Former Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Escondido, CA
    Former Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Escondido, CA

I worked at Gerardy Photography full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive and friendly support staff. Small company that is run by the family, which must be great if your part of the family.

Cons

Benefits are non-existent. Management is unreliable and dysfunctional. Expectations are not defined. Turn over is very high. Internal processes are from the 80's. There is no IT department or any IT help.

Advice to Management

Focus on fixing internal issues rather than what the competition is doing.