Germane Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Kerry O’Brien

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Proud Germaniac!!"

I have been working at Germane Systems full-time

Pros

What drives me to wake up each morning and get to work is the fact that I work at Germane Systems. Stepping back and looking at the bigger picture is when you realize you are apart of something special, which is providing innovative solutions to some of our top defense contractors. Solving solutions with a great group of people definitely helps!

Cons

There are not many cons here at Germane. We are in constant change, which is a great thing, but some employees, unfortunately, only see it as "extra work".

Advice to Management

Listen to other employee's opinions that are not on the management/executive level, as they are in the "battlefield" each and everyday and have ideas/opinions on how to trighten/lean up processes/procedures.

2. "Incredible Culture"

Pros

The leadership is top notch and engaged, understands the value of the team and people required to reach the strategic goals. Business development is very strong.

Cons

There are some growing pains that are consistent with growing, thriving companies. The team is working tirelessly to mitigate these.

Advice to Management

Job well done on establishing an engaged culture.

"Rotted Culture"

Current Employee - Production in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Production in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Germane Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salaries for area. Lax work environment, no repercussions if you know how to work the popularity circuit.

Cons

Poor structure, many middle upper management with no real purpose or contribution to business. Poor career planning, no training or support to grow employees. Poor culture, if you are not in the click you have no chance for growth and will be set back if you upset any member of the inside group.

Advice to Management

It would fall on deaf ears as is apparent from previous recommendations here and from consultants. The culture rules and it will be why it fails.

4. "Production"

Pros

Family friendly company. From day 1 they make you feel as family and you can tell they truly care about the employees.

Cons

Small company dependent on government contracts which makes it riskier for employees as you're not sure if company will be around for the long term.

Advice to Management

Recognize the strengths of your employees and allow them to grow into different positions. Employees feel career limited when they see that the same people hold the same jobs for 10+ years

5. "Lead Hardware Integrator"

Former Employee - Lead Hardware Integrator in Bristow, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Hardware Integrator in Bristow, VA

I worked at Germane Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Management team are great and treat you with respect.

Cons

There is no really downsize with the company.

6. "Good People, decent wage"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radford, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radford, VA

I worked at Germane Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, had the best time working with production, shipping and repair teams. Paid well for my position.

Cons

Management has been out of whack the past 5 years, little job security, management is constantly changing, switching from task to task daily and asked why orders were lost or incomplete.

Advice to Management

Make a decision and stick to it. Stop hiring new management and forcing employees to constantly adapt to new standards.

7. "Germane Systems"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Germane Systems full-time

Pros

Germane is a great place to work because of the employees. No matter the position everyone respects each other and is very open and accepting to new employees. The different divisions within the company mesh very nicely. You can always find employees from different divisions talking and lighting up each others days. The engineering team is also amazing. They are an extremely close group. You can always find 4 or 5 of them working hard in the engineering lab solving problems. Germane is a great place to get hands on experience, which allows you to improve your skills at a rapid rate and also learn new skills. Kerry, the CEO, is very kind. She always says hi and makes sure your okay when passing by. All in all, this company has a great work environment with great people.

Cons

One of the biggest cons of Germane is the size. When large orders come in, it can get stressful and sometimes overwhelming. Yet, the employees work with each other and make it through. I also don't think Germane is using it's full potential. The engineering group is so talented, but there really isn't any R&D going on.

Advice to Management

Let the engineer's imaginations and talents shine. Have them come up with an idea and than challenge them to accomplish it. They may not accomplish all of the ideas, but it take just one to open new doors for this company.

"Great people working together"

Current Employee - Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Germane Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Germane is a great place to work, we have fun events to take breaks from our everyday duties. I've been working here for some time now and some of the thing I've learned is no company is 100% perfect and you can't please every single employee with each decision.

Over the last few months, management has really been involved with getting the right people in or getting needed equipment.

Cons

Only con really is we still have a lack of communication between departments.

9. "Love Working Here"

I have been working at Germane Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at Germane. We have the best employees that are genuine and friendly. Germane is very supportive of family as well, and understands when things come up and allows employees to be there for their families. Knowing the importance of what we do and what services we provide to our customer's and the environments in which our products perform in gets me up and gets me going everyday and is an honor to be here at Germane. I am excited about the decisions that are being made and the direction in which the company is moving towards.

Cons

Really can't think of any at this time

"Terrible Management"

Pros

Great people, except senior management.

Cons

Management...CEO, HR, CFO, Supply Chain. Worst company I have worked for. I am looking for a new job and I recommend others to do the same.

Advice to Management

Have a clue on what is going on in the company. You keep people that have no clue and get rid of people trying to help the company grow. Sell if you can!