Gershman Mortgage Reviews

1. 5.0

Great Company

May 3, 2021 - IT Intern in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

very laid back, friendly and accepting atmosphere

Cons

no cons that i can think of

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bad taste

Apr 2, 2021 - Post Closing Coordinator in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

When your good they want to keep you

Cons

When you refuse there offer they act like a child about it. I put in two and half weeks notice the last half week was and approved vacation. I called them when to give my notice since I’m not working on the office and never email to a aid talking with someone. Even though I wanted to. I told them I would help in any way for the rest of my time with the company. They then let me work two more full days then canceled my approved vacation time and didn’t say anything until I called them the next day to ask about it. It was at that point that they say they were letting me go. Not paying me my approved vacation or my three weeks of vacation that I had accrued and my insurance ended that day.

3. 5.0

Wonderful Company

Nov 10, 2020 - Secondary Marketing Analyst in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the first time in my working career, I have actually felt like my voice, my opinion, and my hard work is apprenticed and that it matters. This company goes above and beyond for their employees. They see protentional in their employees and allow them to grow and learn. I have so much pride working for this company and to be apart of it. I see a long future here and the possibilities are endless. Management is caring, respectful, and have an "open door" policy. If I have ever had an issue, I never felt belittled or scared to go to management and express my concerns. I truly believe they are understanding and they really do want everyone to succeed.

Cons

Since we have grown so much in a short amount of time, I think some departments might feel a little overwhelmed due to not having enough people, but I see management working on this and trying to help/ step in as much as possible. (I had to have a con and this is really all I could think of)

4. 5.0

Positive, Productive Environment

Feb 19, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Processor in Cape Girardeau, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork mentality, Helpful Colleagues, Ongoing Training and Room for Growth and Development

Cons

Some departments are overwhelmed with the increased volume.

Vice President, Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review of Gershman Mortgage! We are so happy you are part of the team!

5. 5.0

Fun company

Jan 22, 2021 - IT Engineer in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are really employee oriented

Cons

No cons that I can think of

6. 5.0

Best Mortgage Company in St. Louis

Jul 31, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Gershman Mortgage full-time for nearly 2.5 years. Gershman has high standards. They hire employees they trust will provide the highest quality of service, which in my opinion is why Gershman has been around for 65+ years. Management is fair and receptive. They appreciate feedback and ideas. VP’s encourage training in all areas of the mortgage industry. Great compensation and PTO. Affordable Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance. Gershman is big on company culture & keeping employees happy. The president is leading Gershman in a great direction. I am VERY impressed with how the company has handled everything during Covid-19. I appreciate the fact that safety is a top priority for Gershman and I am able to work from home during this time.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

7. 5.0

Awesome Place to Work!

Nov 10, 2020 - Loan Processor in Benton, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The most helpful people that work here! They are there to answer all of my questions and respond quickly!

Cons

None that I can think of

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful company to work for!

Nov 12, 2020 - Loan Officer Assistant in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company cares about their employees! This company offers excellent benefits! This company has a great culture!

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

9. 4.0

Great Place To Work

Nov 3, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Assistant in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very helpful! It is a partnership to provide the best borrower experience.

Cons

Mortgage can be stressful at times however, we all come together and make dreams come true! Great team work!

10. 5.0

Great Place to Be!

Jul 7, 2020 - Human Resources in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The ability to innovate and challenge yourself to become something you may not have ever known you could be. This is not just a job, this is a career. This is everything I’ve ever looked for and so much more.

Cons

None that would ever make a difference

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews