Gershman Mortgage Reviews

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Gershman Mortgage~971695
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Even though training isn't formal yet (a formal training plan is being created), everyone on the team is happy to answer any questions you may have.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Company

May 3, 2021 - IT Intern in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

very laid back, friendly and accepting atmosphere

Cons

no cons that i can think of

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Mortgage Company in St. Louis

Jul 31, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Gershman Mortgage full-time for nearly 2.5 years. Gershman has high standards. They hire employees they trust will provide the highest quality of service, which in my opinion is why Gershman has been around for 65+ years. Management is fair and receptive. They appreciate feedback and ideas. VP’s encourage training in all areas of the mortgage industry. Great compensation and PTO. Affordable Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance. Gershman is big on company culture & keeping employees happy. The president is leading Gershman in a great direction. I am VERY impressed with how the company has handled everything during Covid-19. I appreciate the fact that safety is a top priority for Gershman and I am able to work from home during this time.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Positive, Productive Environment

Feb 19, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Processor in Cape Girardeau, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork mentality, Helpful Colleagues, Ongoing Training and Room for Growth and Development

Cons

Some departments are overwhelmed with the increased volume.

Vice President, Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review of Gershman Mortgage! We are so happy you are part of the team!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fun company

Jan 22, 2021 - IT Engineer in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are really employee oriented

Cons

No cons that I can think of

5. 5.0

Awesome Place to Work!

Nov 10, 2020 - Loan Processor in Benton, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The most helpful people that work here! They are there to answer all of my questions and respond quickly!

Cons

None that I can think of

Continue reading
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful company to work for!

Nov 12, 2020 - Loan Officer Assistant in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company cares about their employees! This company offers excellent benefits! This company has a great culture!

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Be!

Jul 7, 2020 - Human Resources in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The ability to innovate and challenge yourself to become something you may not have ever known you could be. This is not just a job, this is a career. This is everything I’ve ever looked for and so much more.

Cons

None that would ever make a difference

Continue reading
  8. 5.0

Great Company for Growth & Flexibility

Aug 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexibility - Work life balance - Great leadership - Growth opportunities - Fast-paced work environment - Fun work events

Cons

I have no cons at this time!

9. 4.0

Great Place To Work

Nov 3, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Assistant in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very helpful! It is a partnership to provide the best borrower experience.

Cons

Mortgage can be stressful at times however, we all come together and make dreams come true! Great team work!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Oct 8, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed everything about Gershman

Cons

None come to mind right now

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews

Gershman Mortgage Reviews FAQs

Gershman Mortgage has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Gershman Mortgage to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Gershman Mortgage employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Gershman Mortgage. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

96% of Gershman Mortgage employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gershman Mortgage 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Gershman Mortgage to be career development, management, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Gershman Mortgage Job Seekers