GfK NOP Reviews | Glassdoor

Martin R. Lautman
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Environment"

Former Contractor - Telephone Interviewer in London, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Telephone Interviewer in London, England (UK)

I worked at GfK NOP as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

People were very friendly, and management team was extremely nice. Great flexibility on shifts and hours. Salary was slightly above the average, never experienced an issue during my contract.

Cons

The job was a little bit repetitive and we had been delayed few times because the main project we were hired was not ready.

2. "Great place to work"

Pros

Flat structure, great team. I honestly enjoyed my time there

Cons

Sometimes disorganised, which led to some call centres closing down.

3. "Offers good flexible working options"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at GfK NOP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The agile working means that you can do a couple of days a week from home, or work offset hours. Some of my team live in the midlands so are down less often and one lives in France. The setup is right for this, with all the basic technology provided, but also the culture is good, with all meetings having a digital dial in option. As businesses in the industry go they are facing the same challenges but the MOI division in particular is building a great culture.
    They are also having a real drive to reduce the constraints around horizontal moves.

Cons

It is a big agency so it is the same big corporate stuff, forms to fill out, global driven initiatives etc. But no worse than you would expect and better than a couple of the large rivals i have worked for in the past.

Advice to Management

Continue the commitment to agile working, don't back out if it gets tricky because one person takes the mick. Ensure the horizontal move message has made it all the way down to the bottom from the top.

4. "really flexible, good environment to work and learn in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at GfK NOP full-time

Pros

It is really flexible and the people are friendly and generally knowledgeable. Good hours and opportunities. I would recommend working here.

Cons

I am not sure that the salaries are in line with other agencies, but they are generally reasonable. It can be somewhat siloed so if you want opportunities, you have to take the initiative to seek them out.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries and ensure a greater variety of work/projects for everyone especially junior employees who are learning the ropes.

5. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Research Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Research Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at GfK NOP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing stats team, and the overall intelligence of employees is high. Agile working environment

Cons

Perhaps don't market ourselves well enough, as no one ever knows who gfk are, unlike a yougov, Nielsen etc.

Advice to Management

None

6. "Was good for a telephone interviewer"

Pros

shift work was great so flexible work pattern, great for those who can commit to specific working days or may just need extra work in one week

Cons

not enough continuous work for temps and no clear career progression

Advice to Management

don't hire temporary interviewers through agencies, if at all possible

7. "OK for what it is"

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in London, England (UK)

I worked at GfK NOP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked there as an interviewer while I was looking for permanent employment and was treated well by my manager and his manager. There is a lot of flexibility when it comes to shifts, sometimes we were asked to come in weekends, which was OK as I needed the money. The manager appreciated our efforts, although you did not have to be genius to do that sort of job. I worked in the international team and there were a lot of smart people who did this job on their way to the bigger and better. I wish I had stayed in touch. This is one of the best callcentres to work at. OK projects with realistic targets, low pressure, prompt payment and managers who treat staff well. I know what I am talking about as I had been at a number of other companies for small projects before.

Cons

Building is not the nicest. It was either too hot or too cold. Mind you, a lot of buildings in the UK have this problem.

8. "friendly and welcoming"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at GfK NOP as a contractor

Pros

they really support people to work their way up the company. Many of the account execs (and higher) started out as a temp or a call unit worker.
    The environment is laid back and the socials are fun.

Cons

the pay is less than I would expect for the work I put in and many of my colleagues have expressed the same feeling

"it was agreable"

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in London, England (UK)

Pros

there is a lot of flexibility regarding the working hours, there is less presure than other comparable companies, the management team is very efficient.

Cons

working 5 hours by talking on the phone is sometimes very tireing and not motivating. but besides that if the person enjoying communicating through telephonique calls then there are no bad sides. this critic is only regarding the job specification not regarding GFK NOP

Advice to Management

I personally think that the management has an effecient when it comes to motivate and manage the employees , They should continue performing with the same way.

10. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I worked at GfK NOP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-flache Hirachien, sehr gute Kommunikation

Cons

-manchmal auf sich allein gestellt, Austausch könnte intensiver sein