Found 1,558 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Nice people every day very relaxing" (in 82 reviews)
- "Being a cashier is pretty easy and had flexible hours" (in 67 reviews)
- "Nice coworkers who were always willing to lend a helping hand" (in 60 reviews)
- "Good benefit and very flexible" (in 56 reviews)
- "Flexible schedules for students and teens" (in 25 reviews)
- "I think the reason the pay is low is due to the fact that Giant(or my store at least) isn't making any money." (in 143 reviews)
- "Management is poor." (in 122 reviews)
- "Alot of managers do not understand the meaning of part time." (in 63 reviews)
- "No training its always learn as you go" (in 18 reviews)
- "Long hours and abusive upper management." (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Giant Food and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 29, 2023Real Estate AgentCurrent Employee
good benefits flexible schedule close to home enjoy working with people gained multiple valuable skills
physically demanding night, weekend, and holiday hours little work/life balance employees not valued by company industry changes not conducive to growth
- 2.0Oct 18, 2023MarketingCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Always free food from vendor visits
Upper management in Marketing are very old corporate culture and have a hard time adjusting to hybrid/remote work culture. Very micromanaging. You always feel watched as upper management/leadership nit picks at everything you do. Lots of passive leaders that need to value and support their team more
- 1.0Nov 19, 2023Deli ClerkFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCalifornia, MD
There really are none, you get no benefits,no sick days or sick leave
Bad work environment, pay is below average
- 3.0Nov 12, 2023Bread ClerkFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPlumsteadvlle, PA
People interaction is entertaining enough if you’re good with brightening people’s day
Low pay low pay low pay
- 1.0Oct 6, 2023CashierFormer Employee, less than 1 yearOakton, VA
This Giant has a low barrier to entry for work.
This applies to the Giant location in Oakton, VA. The pay is pathetic. You make just above minimum wage. Barely enough to survive nowadays. Also, not only are the customers rude to you, but leadership are a bunch of micromanagers who criticize everything you do. If you work self-checkout, you are expected to be both a cashier AND a security guard, watching to make sure customers scan all the items, pay for the bags, AND don't walk out the doors without paying. You are not paid enough for all this, and unless you have eyes in the back of your head, you are doomed to fail, and be blamed by management.
- 4.0Nov 2, 2023Deli SlicerFormer EmployeeHyattsville, MD
Great coworkers. Flexible managers who would change your schedule if you let them know in advance.
Rude customers. Sometimes the department was understaffed.
Giant Food Reviews FAQs
Giant Food has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 1,591 reviews left anonymously by employees. 47% of employees would recommend working at Giant Food to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
47% of Giant Food employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Giant Food 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.