Found 327 of over 337 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "With few exceptions there are great people in the company who work tirelessly to product and deliver a very cool product." (in 33 reviews)
- "has good pay and you get to work on very nice guitars" (in 18 reviews)
- "Nothing really only thing is good benefits they will work you until you're literally dead" (in 13 reviews)
- "Great team and rather good life/work balance." (in 8 reviews)
- "The insurance is good." (in 7 reviews)
- "bad management always changing priorities" (in 28 reviews)
- "The CEO is crazy." (in 22 reviews)
- "most managers don't even have a high school level of education" (in 8 reviews)
- "Long hours (not because they make you, but it's often the only way to stay on top of the expectations) make balancing family/personal life difficult." (in 8 reviews)
- "all those in a Lead/Supervisor position have no leadership qualities." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Gibson Brands and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Oct 2, 2023Department LeadCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsMemphis, TN
I loved guitars so I wanted to work with the best. Left hating guitars and knowing they weren’t the best.
Long hours. Management. Dirty. Long term damage to body.
- 4.0Sep 3, 2023Project CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNashville, TN
Wonderful people, laid back environment, growing business with multiple opportunities
Restructuring and somewhat chaotic, with ill defined roles and responsibilities.1
- 3.0Jul 27, 2023Team LeadFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNashville, TN
Aggressive pay increases if you give 100% of yourself Really cool working environment Fantastic benefits You will get out of it what you put into it A few really great people who are hungry to pour into you if you're willing
Profits over people Office politics Unhealthily competitive management On average, management was not bought into values1
- 3.0Jun 13, 2023Buffer TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNashville, TN
The work was satisfying. Buffing was very technical and every guitar you touched it felt like you were truly working on something. It made you feel like you were a painter or a sculpter .
Very long hours. 10-12 hour shifts 6 days a week most of the time. You get a 15 minute break every few hours but with how labor intensive the job was it never really felt like enough.1
- 3.0Mar 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNashville, TN
- The brand is extremely well known - Many of my co-workers were awesome/really nice - (Up until recently) I had full faith in the senior management, and the direction they were taking the company
- Unfortunately suffering from similar "covid boom" retraction FAANG underwent, with over hiring during the pandemic, and now layoffs - Layoffs were non-performance based, so it seems like upper management kind of just threw a dart at the board and saw what it hit - There was usually a lot of red tape, and hard to get net-new projects off the ground1
Gibson Brands Reviews FAQs
Gibson Brands has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 337 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Gibson Brands to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.
50% of Gibson Brands employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gibson Brands 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.