Cover image for GigMasters

78% Recommend to a Friend
84% Approve of CEO

Found 16 of over 17 reviews

3.8
GigMasters Co-Founder & CEO Michael Caldwell (no image)
Michael Caldwell
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Apr 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely passionate about helping their vendors to generate leads, great benefits, great community

Cons

No cons about working at GigMasters

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Group of People

Nov 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to experience many different technologies and programming languages. The team is a solid group of knowledgeable and collaborative engineers.

Cons

Market they service is feeling the effects of COVID-19

3. Join the GigMasters team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The COVID19 pandamic exposed how GREEEEEDY Management is.

Jul 21, 2020 - Infrastructure Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

slick looking website. friendly (but competitive) fellow employees

Cons

Management is GREEEEEDY. They are in business only to take customer's money, and move on. I referred my cousin's band to Gigmasters. When COVID hit, she requested an account "suspension" until the pandemic was over, and she was told flat "NO". (Note: She was able to get a suspension from GIGSALAD without any hassle.) I asked Management why they were keeping vendors money when COVID was preventing them from getting work. I was told "That's for Management to decide, and above your pay-grade". My co-workers confirmed that Management is "all about keeping their huge salaries", and employees rarely get raises. All employees get are lots of shallow/phoney pep-talks.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Work hard. Play hard.

Jun 9, 2014 - Web Developer in Norwalk, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at GigMasters is a lot of fun. It's a small company where everyone knows your name and what you do. I enjoyed being able to work with other developers as well as people from other departments. Some of the most rewarding projects I worked on involved collaborating with other departments. GigMasters is relatively small so the culture in the office and company events definitely make it feel like a startup. The term, "Work hard, play hard," definitely applies here. Not only did I find my passion in Web Design and Development at GigMasters, but I also had fun along the way and made some long-lasting friendships. It really is a great place to work, especially if you're just starting your career.

Cons

When I worked at GigMasters, the departments had more of a flat structure than a hierarchy. At times, this made it challenging to think about your growth within the company and in your career. I believe, since leaving the company, more structure has been added to the departments and more opportunities for promotion. The company moves at a fast pace and sometimes the work-life balance can shift, especially during major launches. This is probably more noticeable for employees with children and family obligations.

CEO

Thanks for the feedback! Seeing the long-lasting friendships made by employees - both past & present - is without a doubt one of the most satisfying aspects of the job.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

#myjobisbetterthanyours

Apr 8, 2016 - Manager, Account Services in Norwalk, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

GigMasters is unlike any other company you'll work at. Everyone likes each other, spends time together, and works so hard to accomplish company and personal goals. Departments works so closely together that everyone in the company feels like they have a say in all company updates. We have a ping pong room, darts, a kegerator, a "cafe", and a popcorn machine. We have consistent happy hours, celebrate all personal and company milestones (usually with a champagne toast), and genuinely have fun at work every day while still striving to hit lofty goals. Anyone would be extremely lucky to work at GigMasters.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the constant changes, since we've recently been acquired by the XO Group. I believe that once all details are worked out (regarding how our relationship will work) the changes will slow down.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just FANTASTIC!

May 22, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly supportive co-workers and teams. Culture that fosters education, self-betterment, and (especially as of late) a healthy work-life balance. Willing to go to bat for their employees. Professional office atmosphere when needed, but a firm belief in encouraging an entertaining work space (one of our developer offices is plastered with Nintendo art, there's a ping pong room, frequent company outings). Consistently trying to hire top-level talent even though the office location isn't necessarily in a central location for hiring.

Cons

No official work from home policy. Not too much of a con as the leadership staff is flexible, but especially from a customer service and technical employee standpoint, recruiting new employees and retaining current is harmed by the lack of consistently available and well defined remote work privileges. This is especially noticeable with the introduction of full time remote hires.

CEO

Thank you for the honest feedback. It's truly valuable and appreciated! Regarding the lack of an official work from home policy, I'll admit this is area where my beliefs may differ from currently popular workplace trends. I believe passionately that even with all the technology available, there's no substitute for the energy of an office buzzing with real-time, in-person collaboration. I find this especially important for a company of our size with such ambitious growth goals. That being said, we all need a break from the daily grind from time to time, so we do try to give employees flexibility when needed.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Find your voice at GigMasters

May 19, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

GigMasters is by far the best company that I’ve ever worked for. Everyone shares a passion for entertainment services and a common goal to be the best website of its kind. The leadership team encourages creative ideas, and sincerely cares about the growth of the company and its employees. There’s an upbeat buzz around the office and lots of after work events, such as holiday parties, happy hours and fundraising activities. I look forward to my job every day!

Cons

The microwave could use an update. But hey, that says a lot if that's the only con!

CEO

I agree - that microwave is ancient!! Expect a new one soon.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Opportunities Abound!

May 29, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

After working at GigMasters for a few years, coming to work every day is still exciting. At GigMasters your ideas and opinions are heard and acted upon. You feel supported, empowered and want to work harder every day. Your coworkers are your friends who you respect and want to learn more from. Honestly, it's an amazing place to work.

Cons

Tough question, as whenever I've had a concern, I've felt comfortable addressing it at GigMasters. We have flexible hours, summer Fridays, ping-pong tournaments, employee milestone & birthday celebrations, not a whole lot to complain about. Better yet, let's get a dishwasher!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company to work for

May 18, 2014 - Account Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with are incredibly positive, helpful, and fun to be around. They're always available when you need them and even the founders are friendly, approachable, and always open to improving their company. The office has an overall motivating atmosphere and the work/life balance so far is great.

Cons

The website is very complex, so it takes a long time to learn everything there is to know about working in your position, but that comes with basically any position to be taken on

11. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work for

Apr 27, 2014 - Web Applications Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed working at GigMasters. My coworkers were knowledgeable and creative people who had a lot of passion for what they do. Management rewarded initiative and was committed to making it not only a productive workplace but a fun and creative one as well.

Cons

Whenever the team faced challenges, we were able to talk with each other and with Mike and Kevin, so we could work things out. I liked that! I miss being there, and I miss the comraderie we all had.

CEO

Thank you so much for your comments! We strive to make GigMasters exactly what you describe - a productive, fun, and creative place to work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews
</>Embed

GigMasters Reviews FAQs

GigMasters has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 17 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at GigMasters to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GigMasters employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GigMasters. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

78% of GigMasters employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GigMasters 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GigMasters to be senior leadership, benefits, culture and the cons to be compensation, career development, management.