Gigats Reviews | Glassdoor

Gigats CEO Alec Difrawi
Alec Difrawi

"Best company by far"

I have been working at Gigats full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in a number of industries and at many different companies, always in a customer service or call center type capacity and Gigats is by far one of the best. Great training, great managers, and great atmosphere.

Cons

The interview process is a bit lengthy but I've had worse.

"Scam"

Former Employee - Job Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Job Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Gigats full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the free popcorn is good

Cons

I was hired on as a "job specialist." I went through a multi-step interview process, which was definitely strange. A "mock" FBI investigation with a team of other applicants and managers. Didn't learn a thing! Not sure what the point was of all the "showmanship" of the interview process. One of those days of the interview process is 8 hours, unpaid! That was my first "red flag."

Second, I was a "specialist" in nothing. The called called in after looking at a job posting online. The job posting on line is somewhat deceptive, because if the job seeker doesn't take the time to read the fine print at the bottom of the screen, the job posting intentionally misleads the job seeker to think that when they call in, they are having an interview with the actual company from which they are seeking employment. And sadly, most people don't read the fine print.

In addition, although the company has the right to post these ads, often times those positions they are advertising are no longer available, and Gigats is not always the original poster of the job opening (they take from other sites, such as "indeed.com" and the like).

The time we spend on the phone asking pre-scripted questions is completely pointless, as we are trained that the only and final goal is to get the caller to agree to speak to an "education advisor" and if they don't agree, we are trained to disconnect them ASAP and get to the next person. The company has very innovative technology, but what a scam to the job seeking public! Also, I was hired on with the expectation that I was to provide help and true service, but really, it's a pushy sales job. So the company is not even totally upfront and honest in the hiring process.

In addition, after one week there I was called into a meeting with my training class and we were all told that we were going to be trained for a completely different job, as an "education specialist." I was upset, because there was no pay raise, but more work and it was a position that I didn't want and wasn't a good fit for. They "forced" me to start the training anyway, but after a week or so I asked for a meeting with several managers to "demand" that they put me back in the position that I was hired for.

Either way, the job is just reading a script ... it's very monotonous and brainless, if you ask me. The CEO has multiple aliases and has been investigated by the FBI multiple times for being a scam artist.

This company is a complete fraud, and I don't understand how any self-respecting person with two brain cells to rub together can take any pride in what they do. I was only there a couple of months before I could find other gainful employment, and I left with no notice.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to prospective employees about the expected pay. I was told that I would earn $600 per week to start, with the ability to earn "commission." This was not the case. The base pay is actually $8.75 per hour, with lots of ways for the company to "give you more" or "take away." Such a scam!

"Total scam"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Gigats part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well there were a couple of nice people I suppose. But everyone knew what they were doing, which was selling snake oil.

Cons

One big scam to lure desperate job seekers into paying thousands of dollars to go to third rate trade schools. The attorney General really should look into this and shut this down. It's a total fraud.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people. Stop being evil. It'll come back to you.

5. "Working for Gigats is pretty good."

I have been working at Gigats full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like working here, the pros would be all the cool stuff the company does and how it doesn't feel like you're at work. The work is definitely interesting and I liked it.

Cons

The cons are that the hours were kind of long in the beginning during training.

Advice to Management

Nothing really. Glad there are health benefits.

"Great company with growth potential"

Current Employee - Business Development in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Gigats full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Gigats over the past 7 months has been very exciting. I have had the opportunity to learn 4 different aspects of the business from an Employment Specialist to Business Development. Being able to work alongside the CEO has given me exposure to business I hadn't been exposed to at other companies...which I find invaluable.

Cons

Being in higher positions require long hours, however if you're willing to put the effort in you control your destiny here. Constantly staying motivated and driven will open up doors for you.

"Great Job to be at."

I have been working at Gigats full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, professional environment, with opportunities for advancement

Cons

No cons to mention about

Advice to Management

Maybe a shorter training

"Working for Gigats"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Gigats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gigats is the best company I have worked for. The closeness between employees here makes it feel like my home away from home. We promote from within so there is unlimited opportunity!!! Plus, we get free food all day everyday. :)

Cons

I'd like more cinnamon toast crunch!

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!

"An opportunity to help and achieve a positive perspective"

I have been working at Gigats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gigats is a positive medium that allows the specialist to help their clients achieve their short and long term goals. The company truly brings out the best in the people. Led by a visionary, moved by valuable individuals, Gigats offers the best opportunity to grow and achieve your goals.

Cons

I wish there was more milk

Advice to Management

Keep it up guys, whatever it takes.

"Progressive company that promotes a team atmosphere."

I have been working at Gigats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. They truly understand the work life relationship. I work with the best and smartest people I have ever worked with. The managers are great and really care about your career growth. Themed cook outs each week. Free cereal and a tech game room.

Cons

None so far, maybe more variety with the cereal

"Everything You Would Expect"

I have been working at Gigats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Food, food, food! Themed cookouts EVERY Friday. Free breakfast and soda machines around every corner.

2) Benefits/perks. Free gym memberships to the amazing complex across the street. Great compensation and healthcare benefits.

3) For the size of the organization it has remained extremely innovative, nimble, and fast-paced and open with communication.

4) My favorite part is that Gigat's promotes from within. Every person on our management team has worked their way up to the top.

5) I get to work with some of the brightest, most innovative and hard-working/diligent minds in the industry.

Cons

No comment at this point in time