Gigya Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gigya CEO Patrick Salyer
Patrick Salyer

Pros
  • Fully stocked kitchen that gets restocked biweekly (in 12 reviews)

• The company culture - there are a lot of great, smart, hard-working people here - and they have a healthy sense of family / work life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Good old boy mentality exists within some in NA sales team (in 10 reviews)

• All the super cool people that show up soon realize that there is little to no career advancement here and soon begin to look for another job (in 4 reviews)

1. "Solid company, people, and market opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Gigya full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People care. Exec team cares and works hard. Market opportunity is strong. CIAM is becoming more and more important to large and midsize companies. Transparent leadership.

Cons

Need to ensure that we stay on top. Don't get lazy/complacent.

Advice to Management

Need to ensure that we stay on top. Don't get complacent.

"Really taking off"

Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Gigya full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Clear product leader in a massive market
    -Strong Product Marketing
    -Very strong sales organization from top to bottom
    -Good organizational culture. I am still getting used to how positive everyone is
    -I trust that the executives will do the right thing for our employees, our customers, and the good of the business.
    -Extremely transparent with financial information

Cons

-I'd like to see us expand the office in New York and possibly add one in Chicago. Outside the London, Paris, and MV offices, I think we could better connect the pods that are outside are main locations.
    -EU Channel sales are having a lot of success, how can we replicate that in North America

Advice to Management

-This will sound crazy, but I think we should spend a little more cash. I feel like marketing does well with a small budget, let them throw a bit more fuel on the fire.

"Huge momentum in a hot space!"

Current Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management in Portland, OR

I have been working at Gigya full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gigya has emerged from the tussle over who is the best CIAM vendor as the clear winner. Major brands sign every single day, and it's inspiring to see win stories flow through our email - even more so to read of brands that are household names. As a salesperson, it's fun to work for the leader in the space and consistently win 9 out of every 10 cycles (true statistic averaged across the sales team).

I've had considerable personal success since starting at Gigya over a year ago. At most software companies, things are pretty awesome during the sales cycle, and then when you transition to the post sales team you get the "B" players. Not so with Gigya. I'm proud to say that when I talk to existing customers, they downright love our post sales people, and they are experiencing considerable tangible benefits. I never feel worried when an existing Gigya customer calls- it's inevitably a great chat, and typically because they want to add more licencing or Services.

It's hugely rewarding to work with customers and see them realize their goals via the platform. Also, my colleagues are really awesome people who I can trust to do their jobs, and we have a really great time working together. Some folks I've worked with at former companies, and it feels like family. It really makes life awesome to have the VP of Sales or the CEO come visit a major customer with me and be a huge asset to the meeting, but respect my judgement as well.

Cons

Personally, I'd prefer less time in internal meetings each quarter, I just want more time in front of customers, selling. It's always hard to catch up after a week's worth of meetings. Although it's hard to deny that we have fun!

Also, Gigya is very process oriented, which is great for many things, but sometimes to a fault. For example, I'd like to spend far less time filling out half a dozen required fields in expense solutions and using authenticator apps and filling out a hundred different fields in Salesforce, or having to create a case every time I want someone technical on a call. It sounds petty, but this stuff adds up, is frustrating, counter-productive and consumes way too much time. It seems like IT and Finance just love to add more process! I shudder to think of the cost in terms of sales hours spent across the team.

Advice to Management

Strategically, we are in a good place. Management is top notch, but please lighten up the load on process. We have a ton of momentum right now and we all need to move fast and stay focused.

"Changing rapidly and always in the right direction"

Current Employee - Business Development in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Gigya full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic product that we believe in and know provides value to our clients
    - Very fast paced culture to meet the shifting needs & development of an emerging market
    - Execs work to increase transparency and regularly communicate strategic direction
    - Top notch teams; the intelligence and friendliness is widespread across each department
    - fantastic benefits
    - dog-friendly.. and fish-friendly!

Cons

- continuous change might not suit everyone
    - very intense ramping given the complexity of the platform

Advice to Management

- Keep Investing in your people because they want to give this company everything they've got. There are a lot of dedicated folks that've said they want to grow internally at Gigya, and this shouldn't be the uphill battle it seems to currently be.
    - Sometimes feels as though the possibility to grow within the company is based solely on internal networking.

"Churn and burn"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Gigya full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The base is high which is good cause cause you are definitely not making money off of commission. Wasn't exactly the opportunity that was sold to me. Good sales collateral though.

Cons

Transparency and lack of putting people first. The UK team genuinely seemed to take care of it's own, while the US is all smiles but when it comes down to it everyone is expendable.

Also a lot of very inexperienced people for a company this size due to the churn.

Advice to Management

If you put people first, they will take care of the customers.

"Turning it up to 11"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Gigya full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gigya's leadership structure felt a little bit wobbly when I first joined but BOY did they get it together. In all respects Gigya is a lean, mean, CIAM machine.

I am well compensated for my experience. I have nothing but the upmost respect for all of my peers both up and down the chain of command. They have the same respect for me.

Management respects us and acknowledges that we are smart and can get the job done right. They set the ground rules of how to operate and let us all shine both individually and as a team.

The team work is out of this world! Everyone is aligned and motivated. Each team member ready and willing to catch the other in a mis-step. Always a united front that leads from the front.

Gigya is one of those rare companies that defines a new space in the industry but then also leads it with a momentum that simply cannot be caught up with.

Cons

The only thing I can say is a con of Gigya is that it had a less than favorable reputation. Keyword there though is "had". The reasons for that reputation have fallen away and Gigya is a big growing fish in a lake it's making all by itself.

7. "Competitive and challenging but rewarding."

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Gigya full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High expectations
    Good compensation
    Great office culture

Cons

High expectations maybe too high

Advice to Management

Consider feedback from entry and midlevel employees.

"Market Leader with Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Gigya full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Market leader according to industry analysts
    - Successfully grew from start up to a true enterprise company, with increased deal size and customer retention.
    - Experienced and passionate management team that is open to constructive feedback
    - Cultural focus on building lasting relationships amongst coworkers

Cons

- Old school office space
    - Shift from startup to Enterprise Software company has left a lot of former employees bitter.
    - Market is a bit slower to adopt this necessary technology then most would like

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The company has a unique opportunity to dominate their industry so execution will be paramount, but of course nobody gets it perfect and continuous improvement/refinement of business processes and strategy over time will get Gigya to the promise land!

"Good opportunity in new space"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gigya (Less than a year)

Pros

Foresight by management which has allowed company to continue growth. This includes change from Social based product to true Customer Identity as well as move to Enterprise space. Many companes that used to be competitive have not made thsee moves and fallen. They have also rebuilt the Executive Team in past 18 months. Great Enterprise Sales Team. Flexible work environment. 401k Match and stock options.

Cons

With the changes there has been a lot of turnover. It is tough to see good people leave and has made it hard to build strong work relationships. Now that transition is completed, this has improved.

"Think again, really hard."

Former Employee - BDR in Mountain View, Buncombe, NC
    Former Employee - BDR in Mountain View, Buncombe, NC

I worked at Gigya full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stocked fridge, great location, dog friendly....like any other tech company

Cons

Unfortunately management is a mixed bag, falling in both extreme ends of the competency/professional spectrum. In the past year, Gigya let go some of the best and brightest employees due to politics, and hired replacements who have taken departments down to the gutter.

It's sad, quite honestly. When I first started, there was always a vibrant buzz throughout the office, but now it's completely barren. People prefer to work remotely because the company has lost its culture. It's common to hear people throw each other under the bus, or abusing their expense privileges (in the MV office, that is). You're on your own.

If you are looking into the bus dev position...think again. There is no room for career growth there. You're better off finding a job that has a comparable pay and has real promotion opportunities. In the past year, the BDR team was cut in half, twice, and the remaining top BDRs have either left or are in the process of doing so.

Advice to Management

good luck.