Gigya Reviews

Updated Feb 19, 2021

3.7
Gigya CEO Patrick Salyer
Patrick Salyer
Pros
  • "Fully stocked kitchen that gets restocked biweekly(in 12 reviews)

• "Great people, great product, win as a team environment(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Good old boy mentality exists within some in NA sales team(in 11 reviews)

• "Politics trumped business and the CEO /BDR couldn't handle the deal(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company still in growth mode

Feb 2, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong outlook for the future of security

Cons

Remote work is still being figured out

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

What Gigya is truly like.

Dec 4, 2014 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gigya is a place where smart, hard working people flourish. Change is constant and we often try new strategies to be successful. That's what a start up is. We have a great culture and have traditionally hired great people. Unfortunately management was pushed to make rapid hires and because of that, some bad seeds joined the pack. (See recent negative reviewers) The people who wrote those reviews were people who did a mediocre job, didn't get promoted 6-8 months into the job and didn't understand that just doing the minimum to get by doesn't mean you get a shiny new promotion. It's sad that people feel the need to lash out on a place that gave them their start in sales, paid them well and taught them skills that would help them in their next career. It's very clear that Gigya wasn't the right place for them, because a true Gigyian would never bash a place that fed them, taught them, celebrated them and paid them well.

Cons

Some may say that "only working from home 1 day a week" and "not enough snacks" is a con. To them I say, cry me a river or move back in with your parents and have them pack you a snack. This is your career, not play time.

13 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fun work atmosphere

Feb 18, 2019 - Customer Success
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great product, win as a team environment.

Cons

Difficulty adjusting to the recent acquisition, not as nimble, lots of added organizational complexity and process.

4. 4.0

Great experience

Nov 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product leadership. Super responsive to sales team's needs with strong executive support from the top down. Loved Patrick and how much energy he brought to the office every single day. Built some of my closest friendships from my time at this company.

Cons

Sales environment was hot, but that's as expected during growth stages at a company like Gigya.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

BDR

Aug 5, 2016 - Business Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best part about Gigya is the people. I enjoyed working with each and every member on my team, and the BDR organization is particularly close-knit. I hang out with many of my coworkers outside of work, and keep in touch with others who have moved on to other opportunities. This is a entry-level job for someone looking to build an understanding of the digital marketing/IT/enterprise software space. Fun product to sell, and each use case is unique, meaning that every day is a new challenge. Management is very 'hands-off' and will reward and develop those who apply themselves and have a desire to learn. Perks include: - Work from home Wednesdays - Fully stocked kitchen - Ping Pong & N64 - Catered lunches on Thursday - WORK/LIFE BALANCE!!!

Cons

There seems to be a sense of entitlement among some BDRs who think it's enough to just come in every day and go through the motions. These attitudes can be distracting and disheartening to those who work hard and often times causes a negative light to be cast on the BDR organization as a whole. If you are easily influenced by the attitudes of those around you, or are just looking for an easy 9-5, this may not be the role for you.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company and Exec Leadership

Jan 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Analysts have identified Gigya as the leader in this new market of CIAM. This will surely create a ton of momentum in 2017 as global organizations struggle to keep up with global compliance, security and customer demands. CEO and CFO make themselves accessible to employees at every level of the company. Two really great leaders and people. Prof Serv team is evolving to one of the most impressive divisions of the company. A desire to provide real value for the customer is the biggest motivation for this team. New sales leader is from UK office. Great internal promotion. Everyone is looking forward to greatness under his newly expanded leadership. There is a real desire to continue to be the leader and ahead of the game in innovation. REAL opportunity for career growth. Everyone is open to expanding individual capabilities and offering new challenges.

Cons

With Gartner news as wind in our sail, marketing should step up. How about adopting a "publish or perish" mentality. Blog posts don't count. If CEO is one of our best assets, why doesn't marketing find more speaking engagements for him? Good old boy mentality exists within some in NA sales team. I left the college fraternity scene a long time ago. Catch up. Also - you aren't selling a car. It's a SaaS platform.

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great product, great people!

Oct 14, 2014 - Sales Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for. The product is top of mind for every marketer, the environment is fast-paced, great base pay w/ quarterly bonuses for entry level positions, promotes internally, and you get to work with a group of passionate, driven people. Gigya is a start up and with every startup comes change. What's great about Gigya is that they recognize when something does not work and they change it. The Phoenix office has been running for a little over a year now and we are now at a point that is taking huge strides into the direction of success. The right management, the right employees, and the drive to make that happen!

Cons

If you can not handle change, then a startup nor Gigya will not be the right environment for you. In a space that can change by the minute, Gigya is always updating products, materials, sales strategies, etc. Phoenix (as of now) is strictly a sales environment. If you do not see a future in Sales or Sales Management, then your area for growth in Phoenix is very slim unless you are willing to relocate. Open floor plan can be tough at times, as the chatter tends to be high.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Turning it up to 11

Jan 17, 2017 - Senior Technical Consultant in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gigya's leadership structure felt a little bit wobbly when I first joined but BOY did they get it together. In all respects Gigya is a lean, mean, CIAM machine. I am well compensated for my experience. I have nothing but the upmost respect for all of my peers both up and down the chain of command. They have the same respect for me. Management respects us and acknowledges that we are smart and can get the job done right. They set the ground rules of how to operate and let us all shine both individually and as a team. The team work is out of this world! Everyone is aligned and motivated. Each team member ready and willing to catch the other in a mis-step. Always a united front that leads from the front. Gigya is one of those rare companies that defines a new space in the industry but then also leads it with a momentum that simply cannot be caught up with.

Cons

The only thing I can say is a con of Gigya is that it had a less than favorable reputation. Keyword there though is "had". The reasons for that reputation have fallen away and Gigya is a big growing fish in a lake it's making all by itself.

10 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0

Great Experience, but disappointed

Feb 18, 2016 - International Business Development in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, Gigya has been a great work experience for me. It's an awesome and complex product that is just now starting to hit product-market fit. I have a great deal of respect for Patrick (CEO) who I believe does strongly care for each employee, but is ultimately very removed from the BDR team and doesn't know how bad the management really is. I've never seen (most) middle management care so little about their employees. There are some great managers/team leads still left, but not many. If you're looking into working at Gigya, I highly suggest you speak with other people at the company (or those who recently left) to find out which team you should pursue. There are a lot of great people and personalities at Gigya. I've made most of my best friends during my time at Gigya, and nearly all have left because of the reasons I list below.

Cons

I have very little respect for the sales leadership (past & current). They are constantly dismissive about the value of BDRs and treat the team like kids. This needs to change. There is a severe lack of career development opportunities, and this doesn't look like it's going to change in the near future. Small steps have been taken to feign a fix for this issue, but ultimately most of the leadership does not care about personal growth of their employees or promoting from within. The quota is severely unaligned with the new enterprise strategy and is unrealistic.

10 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company Culture

Aug 31, 2016 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. The company culture - there are a lot of great, smart, hard-working people here - and they have a healthy sense of family / work life balance. 2. The technology - the Gigya platform - is super cool and we are in a neat space of CIAM 3. The Customers - Gigya has an awesome customer list and how they are using Gigya's technology is innovating. We really are helping companies understand who their customers are and how to create a more personalized experience for them.

Cons

- It is a new space so we are creating our way - it is not predefined for us - You have typical normal pains of a smaller private company (but I think that is a pro) - Gigya has a lot of newer people in the last 12 months b/c we changed our model to be more of an enterprise software company - good change - but change is hard for some people.

4 people found this review helpful