What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Long hours not enough experience employees" (in 15 reviews)
- "With Gilbane rules in place not all upper management takes Gilbane serious enough." (in 10 reviews)
- "Sometimes work long hours and a large workload which can make for stressful days." (in 9 reviews)
- "management; Management style of a 1960s company; poor employee recognition." (in 6 reviews)
- "As a part of the construction industry they fall into the same cons as other construction management such as moving locations after each project." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Gilbane Building Company and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 375 of over 467 reviews
Updated Sep 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Aug 1, 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsGlastonbury, CT
Upper management doesnt feel like upper management, they are very easy to reach and happy to listen and help with any issues. The pay and benefits are decent for a young professional straight out of college. The training is outstanding. The fellow Gilbane teamates are great!
Excessive Hours: it is expected that employees work from 6:45am until 5:00pm monday thru firday, which is more than 10 extra UNPAID hours per week and then they add Saturday's to the mix and you are averaging over 600 hours a year that are UNPAID because Gilbane forces you into working OT but doesnt pay OT to salary employees. Horrible PTO policy: It may say 5 weeks... but that includes all holiday time, sick time, and vacation time... after factoring in holidays that we are basically forced into taking off you are left with only 3 weeks. Everyone needs to use at least a few days for either sick kids or being sick yourself... leaving you with very little time to actually take a vacation. Travel: Many projects require long commutes to and from work, Gilbane compensates for gas... but thats even more unpaid hours you are giving to the company.1
Gilbane Building Company Reviews FAQs
Gilbane Building Company has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 467 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Gilbane Building Company to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
86% of Gilbane Building Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gilbane Building Company 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.