Ginger Finds Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 17, 2017

4.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great work experience at an agency connected to a HUGE network of leaders"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Ginger Finds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experts in their field of luxury brands and fashion. Not only is their network extremely vast, but it's made up of the top leaders and influencers of all the top brands. They are very strategic in their placements, and don't waste time disqualifying (and being upfront about it) when candidates are not the right fit. I know from experience that other recruiting agencies will vet their candidates only to end their screening with misled, high hopes for the candidate while they have no intention in ever calling them back. It was also a great place to gain experience working and speaking with top level execs.

Cons

Not too much to share. I left because the fashion industry is not my calling..... I'm a sweatpants and hoody type.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "gingerfinds talent lab"

I worked at Ginger Finds full-time

Pros

Dedicated, Industry Experts, Full Service, Connected

Cons

Selective team, A+ clients, delivers results

3. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Ginger Finds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at ginger finds was a very valuable experience. Not only was I able to learn the ins and outs of recruiting, but I learned how to run a business as well. Ginger really cares about her employees and she drives the importance of teamwork. Working out of Neuehouse is a treat in its own, as you are surrounded by so many creative and intellectual individuals. Ginger has an endless network and is always on the pulse of the industry and shares this insight with her team. She really understands both her candidates and her clients and works tirelessly to make sure they are happy. It is a great place for growth and if you love fashion, you will learn more than you know.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve but Ginger is a great mentor and provides you with the tools you need to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your team to lean on each other and work together

4. "Very positive experience- learned from the best!"

Pros

I worked at Ginger Finds for just under a year as an Executive Recruiter and found it to be invaluable experience. In addition to a stimulating environment at NeueHouse filled with creatives and entrepreneurs, the role with Ginger Finds acquainted me with the top talent in the city from CEO's to Creative Directors to Heads of PR. Ginger Puglia, the Founder and CEO, seems to know everyone at all different levels and has a genuine enthusiasm for people and cares deeply about the clients, the candidates and her employees. Having exposure to so many leaders of the industry was inspiring, enabled me grow my professional network and place candidates quickly in their new roles. Every day is different which keeps things interesting and the clients are among the most exciting in the industry. There is a great deal of autonomy however if you do need support it is available and the team works together on certain accounts to ensure success. Flexible hours, generous compensation, office celebrations, cultural events at NeueHouse and opportunities to network create a positive and fun company culture. It is a great place to learn from the best and also grow with a company that is exceptional at what they do. If I had been seeking a long term role in the recruiting field I would have stayed and I strongly feel that it was one of the most positive experiences of my career in business development.

Cons

Recruiting, in general, is not for everyone- you must be willing to network and enjoy meeting new people. With that said, if you have networking skills and do enjoy people then it will be an exciting and extremely rewarding career.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire smart, enthusiastic people with a positive attitude.

5. "Great internship experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Ginger Finds as an intern

Pros

The size of company allows for high amount of involvement--collaborative and communicative
    Exciting tasks
    Everyone is friendly-- good team mentality
    People are very dedicated and passionate
    Neuehouse is grear

Cons

From day to day the size/amount of tasks varied in my position

6. "Fun place"

Pros

Great offices at Neuehouse
    Fun, smart and really creative people all around you
    Great cultural perks
    Management very accessible

Cons

You have to be focused on doing your job
    A full day of work yet goes by quickly

Advice to Management

Keep incorporating team in client/candidate meetings. Great learning experience

7. "The check is* in the mail. *NOT really"

Former Contractor - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Ginger Finds as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You'll jump into recruiting, have a lot of autonomy (from home or Ginger's cramped apartment), work on great roles at great brands with great people.

Cons

The owner will tell you what you want to hear (but not the truth) to your face, and
    behind your back -- she's done it to her own family, her friends children, and to clients.

The agreed pay rates (to researchers and recruiters, interns -- French and US) is never met, and change based on whim and/or her personal spending habits (Paris jaunts, weeks on Cape Cod, Gucci, etc.)

You will never see the % promised for your candidates who got hired -- it's why no one can afford to stay long.

Her 'board' clearly isn't involved... their prominently displayed names wouldn't be misspelled. She got referrals and accounts from several and never paid them the % she promised.

The clients come and go (except for URBN, which drinks her kool aid for reasons THEY don't even understand) because she doesn't deliver, over-promises, and her work is inconsistent and typo-ridden.

Advice to Management

Say what you mean, mean what you say. And when you put it in writing, don't go back on your word. Cheating your friends, employees -- 17 year old students, former co-workers, tutors who help your children get into college, your cleaning lady, and they work from home housewives you claim "don't need the work," will come back to haunt you.... several lawsuits seem to be pending.