Giordano's Pizza Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Meh"

Former Employee - Cashier in Orland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Giordano's Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Yummy pizza. they would add lots of delicious toppings such as pepperoni, sausage, peppers. mushrooms, spinach, and much more as well.

Cons

The menu rotated a lot. This meant things were hard to learn, and something that you greatly enjoy may be off the menu three months later when you want to have it again!

Advice to Management

Be more laid back with employees. It's teenagers working at a pizza shop. Do not be unnecessarily overly intense

2. "Server"

Former Employee - Server in Oak Park, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Oak Park, IL

I worked at Giordano's Pizza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work the one in oak park we were busy made money most of the time

Cons

I didn't like it when management gave free food to customers when it wasn't right! A server was messing around with a manager! They let me go because I was pregnant

Advice to Management

Need better management

3. "Giordano's Mokena"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mokena, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mokena, IL

I worked at Giordano's Pizza part-time

Pros

The work environment is very relaxed.

Cons

If you work during the day as a waitress you will not make any money. Management has poor communication and conflicting ideals.

Advice to Management

When you have a plan to improve the company please stick to it.

4. "Disappointed"

Current Employee - Server in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Server in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Giordano's Pizza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes you can make money on the volume of the business

Cons

1. No enough stuff behind the floor. Missing pizza cooks, pasta cooks... sometimes pizza takes 1.5 hour, why? Becouse they want to save money on labor, but people walking away and they are loosing money.
    2. Lunch specials in the morning need to be super quick. Sometimes takes to long, why.. becouse they take evry single cetering order they can, and they think 2 psta cooks will feed 200 people in the restaurant and plus deliveries, to go orders and cetering.
    2. We always missing stuf that are necessary to work, napkins, boxes, silverware, some beers.
    3. You cant pickup shift.
    4. You have to pay 50% for your meal when you are working, nothing for free. (But complains of the guests always get comped check, you just need to complain)
    5. IMPORTANT: They have lead servers, to check temperatures and stuff like that, servers are doing managements job, and then.. when healt inspectors come, they make money becouse of the score which needs to be 90 and more, and that health inspector is not the one from City of Chicago as managers says, those inspectors are from corporate, they never awarded any of the servers for work they did for them to maximize their bonuses.
    5. Reviews are big thing, if they have 4.0 and up... again, bonuses ae going up. They pressure you all the time about that, but never will be better until they dont fix things i said up.
    6. People hate to work for them becouse they act like robots, there is no human feelings sometimes.
    7. They are loosing experience workers who have been working for them for 20+ years becouse they don't listen to them and their small needs like few hours overtime. Voids are big problem, they will void so many pizzas and loose so much money, but they dont want to pay ,,one pizza" extra for those hard working pizza cooks to stay and work hard.
    8. Side works are insane long, sometimes you stay 2 hours longer from the time you are cut, why... becouse everything needs to be done, and then morning shift comes and chill one hour before opening the restaurant instead to be evenly splited.

Advice to Management

I wish someone can read this of the managers and cooperatez

"Server"

Former Employee - Server in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Chicago, IL

I worked at Giordano's Pizza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Busy , Can make tips if you know how, Free pizza every day , Can get your time off and be back in months

Cons

Bad management, Lots of tourists, No gratuity included on parties (or included on certain people)

"Giordanos"

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Giordano's Pizza (More than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers and you can meet nice customers

Cons

No work life balance
    Disrespectful at times

7. "Worst management team I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Giordano's Pizza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I made decent money, not great though. Good food. My coworkers were awesome. Great location.
    There is not much else I have to say that's positive.

Cons

Management is just horrible. They are not supportive of the waitstaff. No breaks. You feel like your in prison at work.

Advice to Management

Remember that you are a part of team with your employees. Encourage and support them. Forgive simple mistakes. Be positive in the workplace.

8. "Management Sucks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

I have been working at Giordano's Pizza part-time

Pros

Clientele is fun, and the serving is pretty easy

Cons

Management is awful, do not know how to run a good restaurant.
    They get extremely rude and high strung in stressful situations.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better

9. "Upper Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Every one is like family, great atmosphere, great people to work with and got to learn a lot. Great place to start.

Cons

Sometimes very long hours doing inventory, or pay roll. Also when credit card machines were off it can be difficult to find the mistake.

"Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Waitress in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Waitress in Chicago, IL

I worked at Giordano's Pizza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the most part, some of my coworkers were fun to work with. Sometimes we got free food.

Cons

The manager was always on my case about any little thing I did, he treated me very unfairly even though I always took my job seriously. He also clearly favored certain people. There were times when his favored employees didn't want to close and he made me stay late and let them go home. Working here reminded me of being in high school, to say the least.

Advice to Management

Really get to know the people who you put in these manager positions.