Girl Scouts USA Administrative Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor

Girl Scouts USA Administrative Assistant Reviews

Found 6 reviews

3.3
Sylvia Acevedo
  1. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA for more than 2 years

Pros

High Morale, Very Helpful atmosphere, Senior Executives easy to get along with and very receptive to ideas.

Cons

There is a very high turnover rate of employees.

Advice to Management

This was truly an amazing company to work for.

Girl Scouts USA2014-03-08

"Mismanaged and difficult work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits, work can be very rewarding, fun coworkers, working with girls is very fun and opportunities to develop programs

Cons

Very mismanaged at the top, terrible salaries, very overworked employees, bad conflict resolution, not much opportunity for advancement

Girl Scouts USA2017-10-28
  3. "GSCSA"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, decent pay, make a difference

Cons

Not very active, not enough pay

Girl Scouts USA2017-02-08

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant to the in Bronx, NY

I worked at Girl Scouts USA for more than 4 years

Pros

They have good benefits and you get to meet some really nice volunteer.

Cons

I worked for this organization for a number of years; I've watch the CEO, CFO and the HR department treat the employees like slaves and belittle employees in front of other employees. The will making people choose between own children and the organization. I’ve heard the CEO, CFO say negative things about some of the employees and has even lied them. If you have a complaint you can’t go to the HR because they will dismiss...

Advice to Management

Customers will never love a company until the employees love it first. Work on your employee relation.. it's needed.

Girl Scouts USA2016-05-12

"The worst job I have ever had"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Girl Scouts USA

Pros

Average sick day and vacation acquisition, but Girl Scouts offered a nice selection of paid holidays. Low level employees were usually extremely helpful, knowledgeable and kind. Girl Scouts invested in decent office equipment and technical improvements. Offices were usually nice, clean and well appointed.

Cons

Girl Scouts had extremely high staff turnover, not only in entry-level positions, but even at the VP level and above. Senior management seemed more concerned with vanity (constantly giving themselves new titles, for instance) and about petty image issues rather than the organization's financial troubles. Sr. management do not promote from within. Pay was horrible, benefits were cut, and employees were encouraged to vote...

Advice to Management

Senior management should make a sincere and concerted effort to change corporate culture to stem the hemorrhaging of employees. Employees should have a reasonable expectation that salaries and benefits will remain consistent for a year. Senior management should recruit and listen to younger employees, as much of the program focus seems dated.

Girl Scouts USA2011-05-23

"Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Girl Scouts USA

Pros

The Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles offers good benefits, a decent starting salary, hardly any overtime, and most of the people there are very nice.

Cons

Boring office work, bad management. They hired me knowing that I needed extra training in certain skills, then dismissed me within three weeks for not having those skills, without giving me the training that they promised me.

Advice to Management

Do not make promises to new hires if you are not willing to keep them. It shows a lack of decency and integrity. If you promise to train them then do so, don't expect them to know what they need to know if you do follow through on your promise to train them.

Girl Scouts USA2010-07-01