Girl Scouts USA Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Girl Scouts USA Manager Reviews

Found 49 reviews

3.2
Sylvia Acevedo
  1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

GSWO is extremely supportive, collaborative and uplifting place to work. Everyone is very nice, welcoming, and willing to listen. Flex scheduling, free health care, and PTO is awesome. Decent starting pay for a non-profit.

Cons

No company vehicles, and you will probably drive a lot. You do get IRS mileage pay back monthly though!

Girl Scouts USA2019-01-12
  2. "Poor Culture"

Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time

Pros

Values-driven and provide for the community

Cons

quanity driven over quality programming

Girl Scouts USA2019-04-23
    • "Cookie cutter employees"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The mission, commitment, and opportunities for girls.

Cons

Salary. No upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Incentive managers to use their minds rather than perform redundant tasks.

Girl Scouts USA2019-01-28

"Meaningful but stressful"

Former Employee - Community Engagement Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great coworkers that are committed to the mission.

Cons

Unrealistic membership goals. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Girl Scouts USA2019-01-18
    • "Girl Scout Council"

Former Employee - Membership Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great group of hard-working women who genuinely care about the GSUSA Program! Parameters and mission had been in flux, but new leadership should get them back on track.

Cons

Limited resources regarding fund development and grant writing proposals. Need to find better ways to fund the program besides from the families, many of whom are impoverished.

Advice to Management

Stay on point. Find better grant writing and fund development personnel. Value your volunteers; without them, the Program will fail!

Girl Scouts USA2019-01-13

"Events and Partnerships Manager"

Former Employee - Event Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Supporting mission of helping girls build courage, confidence and character whiling making the world a better place.

Cons

Culture is non supportive and leadership doesn't demonstrate support for employees' decisions when helping customers. Leadership doesn't know how to develop workers nor mentor them. Inflexible work hours despite working 50+ hours/week-- don't understand flexible scheduling and work life balance. Just use the buzz words.

Advice to Management

Develop managers to be better leaders and bosses for their workers. Give sincere support to employees for better work life balance- not just lip service.

Girl Scouts USA2018-07-12

"Management issues"

Former Employee - Membership Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

People on the ground level work very hard and produce results while supporting each other,

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with what is happening with membership and volunteers overall - they do not trust the employees who work with membership directly enough. Also, as with most non-profits, they cannot afford, nor do they make a priority, to support employees as much as they should.

Girl Scouts USA2018-02-18

"When Yesterday becomes Tomorrow!! BUYERS BEWARE"

Former Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Girl Scouts has some of the most committed and dedicated volunteers than any other organization on EARTH. 95% of our workforce is volunteer based (unpaid) workers who put the company and the girls it serves before themselves!

Cons

Since it's mass lay off in 2013-15 the organization has been struggling for consistency in defining and maintaining a clear IDENTITY: vision of where it wants to go, where it can go, what it is capable of accomplishing and most importantly how to create a resilient organizational structure and pathway to credibility… because of the following reasons: 1. OLD vs. NEW: To start with, the company has been without a CEO...

Advice to Management

1. HR LEADERSHIP is INCOMPETENT: time and time again, I see HR making ABSOLUTELY zero attempt to ask newbies getting fired their side of the story. We all see them get hacked and HR only comes to the table to FULLY agree with managers’ observation: ‘FIRING HER because she DOES NOT FIT IN’. My advice: if you are not interested in bringing in fresh perspectives, and only and exclusively care to salute the old ways of doing...

Girl Scouts USA2017-07-12
    • "Great Job, Great CEO at Citrus"

Current Employee - Membership Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Working for GSC is such a blessing! Not only do they offer a great benefits package as well as PTO and bonuses, but they make work fun! The CEO is constantly popping into meetings to deliver gifts and pep talks. I also love the flexibility that this council provides.

Cons

The schedule can get intense during the busy season. It's doable since it's only for two months but the impact made is well worth the time spent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything on track as you are. We are ready to be the best preforming council (against our own potentials) by 2020!

Girl Scouts USA2017-06-24

"Great place to work for!"

Former Employee - Membership Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work for with thoughtful and supportive management. The staff members are incredibly smart and hilarious women/men whom empower on another and work hard to achieve the organization's mission. Working with the amazing young girls and dedicated volunteers was the best part of my job.The pay was decent for an entry level gig.

Cons

Large turnover, constant realignments, not the place to move up in your career.

Advice to Management

I think there could have been more professional development opportunities.

Girl Scouts USA2017-03-09