Girl Scouts USA Membership Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 17 reviews

2.6
Sylvia Acevedo
  1. "Amazing Job!"

Former Employee - Regional Membership and Recruitment Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits, great team, superb managers and training, amazing organization, a lot of room to grow and make a difference in the community, very proud to have been with this nonprofit organization.

Cons

Hard job at times, a lot to manage and there never seemed like enough time in the day. It was hard to keep a good work life balance. I loved the job but it wore me out during busy seasons. As a regional staff member, working away from the main team also made the job a little lonely sometimes.

Advice to Management

Add more support or part time staff or divide roles so that more coverage can be completed across the territory (specially during busy times). Try to have an intern for the area. Also increased staff support in rural area would help volunteers (this was already common but still super important).

Girl Scouts USA2016-06-07
  2. "Girl Scout Council"

Former Employee - Membership Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great group of hard-working women who genuinely care about the GSUSA Program! Parameters and mission had been in flux, but new leadership should get them back on track.

Cons

Limited resources regarding fund development and grant writing proposals. Need to find better ways to fund the program besides from the families, many of whom are impoverished.

Advice to Management

Stay on point. Find better grant writing and fund development personnel. Value your volunteers; without them, the Program will fail!

Girl Scouts USA2019-01-13

"Management issues"

Former Employee - Membership Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

People on the ground level work very hard and produce results while supporting each other,

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with what is happening with membership and volunteers overall - they do not trust the employees who work with membership directly enough. Also, as with most non-profits, they cannot afford, nor do they make a priority, to support employees as much as they should.

Girl Scouts USA2018-02-18
  4. "Great Job, Great CEO at Citrus"

Current Employee - Membership Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Working for GSC is such a blessing! Not only do they offer a great benefits package as well as PTO and bonuses, but they make work fun! The CEO is constantly popping into meetings to deliver gifts and pep talks. I also love the flexibility that this council provides.

Cons

The schedule can get intense during the busy season. It's doable since it's only for two months but the impact made is well worth the time spent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything on track as you are. We are ready to be the best preforming council (against our own potentials) by 2020!

Girl Scouts USA2017-06-24

"Great place to work for!"

Former Employee - Membership Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work for with thoughtful and supportive management. The staff members are incredibly smart and hilarious women/men whom empower on another and work hard to achieve the organization's mission. Working with the amazing young girls and dedicated volunteers was the best part of my job.The pay was decent for an entry level gig.

Cons

Large turnover, constant realignments, not the place to move up in your career.

Advice to Management

I think there could have been more professional development opportunities.

Girl Scouts USA2017-03-09

"mixed reviews"

Current Employee - Membership Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

great PTO and health insurance. flexible scheduling.

Cons

senior management team only cares about numbers and views employees as totally replaceable. no room for growth. many people have been fired for not meeting numbers that were ridiculously high.

Girl Scouts USA2016-09-19

"Membership Manager"

Current Employee - Membership Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Impact on the community; empowering girls

Cons

Totally beurocratic; little opportunity to move up; pay is not competitive; the volunteers are ridiculous -- like high school mean girls.

Advice to Management

Pay better

Girl Scouts USA2016-04-05

"Fun working with the girls, but office life stinks"

Current Employee - Membership Manager

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I love doing programs with girls and hearing success stories

Cons

No support from higher ups, not enough resources, and the higher ups don't listen or help at all

Advice to Management

Listen and make an effort

Girl Scouts USA2016-01-19

"membership manager"

Current Employee - Membership Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA

Pros

you really get to meet lots of good people.

Cons

long hours. so much upper management but not enough working! Senior management has a bullying mentality and want those below them to feel lesser than. There are tons of directors and very little appreciation for those on the front line including volunteers. The pay is Super Low. Lots of weekends. No room for advancement as upper staff stays for years and retire. upper management is clueless as to how to perform the tasks...

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff! Pay them fairly and if you do not choose to do so, hire people with no experience straight out of school for you to boss around.

Girl Scouts USA2015-05-08

"Girl Scouts of Connecticut is the worst pace to work if you have a family"

Former Employee - Membership and Marketing Manager

I worked at Girl Scouts USA

Pros

The salary was a little higher than the average for this type of job

Cons

You are forced to work evenings, weekend hours and there are very few holidays off. Much of the evening work is above and beyond a 40 hour work week and is not compensated. For the position I held I worked at least 10-12 evening meeting per month. There is very little training, inconsistent policies, lack of support from Management.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting positions and forcing the existing employees to pick up the slack unless you increase compensation. Let employees use flex time for the hours for the evening meetings and factor in travel time. As you reduce offices, more and more employees have to travel a greater distance to work and to after hour meetinggs

Girl Scouts USA2015-02-06