Girl Scouts USA "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2019

Found 637 reviews

3.2
Sylvia Acevedo

"If I could give less than one star I would."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time

Pros

Zero - you would think that a pro of working for this organization would be providing meaningful programs and experiences to girls, but you don't get the chance to do that.

Cons

Extremely unprofessional and unhappy staff. Senior managers are incapable of performing job duties and no one is held accountable for anything. Its a strictly "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" type of environment. No room to grow professional or move up, no raises, no 401K or retirement. You do get a nice amount of days off - IF you can get them approved, which most likely you can't. Be prepared for things...

Advice to Management

None, not only are they not interested in a single thing anyone has to say, they are too lazy and incompetent to carry anything out.

Girl Scouts USA2013-01-12

"After being a volunteer for 10 years, I was really surprised by the work environment at GSGWM."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time

Pros

Paid time off is good, 3 weeks vacation, sick time, personal time, etc.

Cons

Pay is not great, most managers start under $30k. You are expected to work nights and weekends. You get paid for 35 hours a week, but often work much more than that. Upper management keep staff in fear of their jobs. Very stressful, often very petty arguments go on between staff/management. It was not a positive place to work. Definitely a hostile work environment.

Girl Scouts USA2012-08-20