Cover image for Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida

78% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 8 of over 8 reviews

4.2
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida CEO Lisa Johnson (no image)
Lisa Johnson

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

SISTERHOOD

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Upbeat caring environment women who are dedicated to teaching girls to believe in themselves and giving the tools to help advocate for their futures.

Cons

Two stores and I wish there were more

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not worth. your time of effort

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, time off, flexible hours, cookies, camp

Cons

Toxic environment, big constant turnover, low salary, some work weeks are 60-70 hours, no inside promotion, for an organization that is suppose to support girls to be achievers - they do nothing for their staff to support or uplift them. Management is a big click

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. Join the Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Supportive, empowering place to work

Sep 23, 2021 - Chief Development Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

GSSEF has a team of professional, empowering staff members who always have the mission at heart in all that they do. Everyone's talents are celebrated and a there is a positive culture of feedback.

Cons

There are no downsides. The organization and team are amazing.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Work Life Balance!

Feb 11, 2021 - Membership Manager in Lake Worth, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Female led organization. Savvy, professional and highly competent group of women. Very "working mom" and family friendly organization.

Cons

The first two levels of front-line leadership are all volunteers creating accountability and responsiveness issues. The organization is diligently working on Diversity and Inclusion but still has a long way to go yet.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Feb 26, 2019 - Executive Administrator in Lake Worth, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, competitive pay, 4 day work week, generous vacation policy PLUS a summer shutdown week and winter break with pay, learning opportunities and more. I was also surprised that, given that this organization is mostly staffed by women, that everyone got along so well. I worked in an environment previous to this one, mostly staffed by women, and found it to be a very toxic environment. But here, these ladies are my friends, and I have learned something from everyone of them. I have always felt like my work has been valued and if I had something to say, I was listened to.

Cons

I only have one - the commute. The organization relocated further south to a beautiful new headquarters. Due to a longer commute, I am looking for employment closer to home. There are no other downsides to employment at this organization.

Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough and kind review! We feel incredibly grateful to have wonderful employees such as yourself on our team.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Profession with a Purpose and Amazing Colleagues!

Feb 26, 2019 - Chief Executive Officer in Lake Worth, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing colleagues who exemplify teamwork; fun and casual work environment; mission-driven work; flexible schedule to allow for work-life balance

Cons

Some work is seasonal and requires long hours, evenings and weekends

Director of Human Resources

We do indeed have an awesome team here at Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida! Thank you so much!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team of compassionate people

Feb 25, 2019 - Marketing Specialist in Lake Worth, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

4-day work week, competitive benefits, powerful mission, collaborative team, great leadership,

Cons

short lunch breaks for non-exempt employees, limited professional mobility, salary is on the lower end of

Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are very lucky to have such passionate and mission driven individuals as part of our team!

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Condescending “leaders”

Aug 13, 2019 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility of working remotely and shutdowns

Cons

Senior management disrespectful, condescending, sets unrealistic expectations, indecisive, no true leadership more dictatorship, low pay, no ownership of years of decline and blame employees. No work life balance

Be the first to find this review helpful