Givaudan Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Givaudan CEO Gilles Andrier
Gilles Andrier

Pros
Cons
  • no work life balance for family time (in 7 reviews)

• It can be difficult to move into different positions within the company (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Building well rounded employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

I have been working at Givaudan full-time

Pros

-Management provides you with meaningful projects that not only help the company and department, but also provides you with learning experiences to help you grow as an employee.
    -Givaudan has many opportunities for internal and cross-functional moves throughout the company. It also has possibilities for changes in region if that is desired.
    -Everyone at the company is very willing to help and lead you towards sources of information.

Cons

-Some of the equipment is old and needs to be updated.

Apr 4, 2017 – Digital Talent Brand & Attraction Specialist

Thanks for the nice review! We truly appreciate your feedback. We wish you continued success in your role.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Production Management in Mount Olive, NJ
    Current Employee - Production Management in Mount Olive, NJ

Pros

Positive environment to work in. Managers encourage opportunities to get involved in multiple initiatives with various people and departments. Vast career growth opportunities throughout the company, including global locations. Really a great place to make contributions and drive value in business operations. Recommend to anyone in the job market.

Cons

Nothing abnormal compared to previous experience.

Advice to Management

N/A

3. "Supply Chain"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NJ

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to Work For
    Collaborative Groups of People at all Levels

Cons

Biggest in Industry Lagging in Compensation

Advice to Management

Reevaluate roles, responsibilities, and compensation comparative data

5. "Flavors - Good place to work"

Former Employee - Production Planner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Production Planner in New York, NY

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Big company with a small company feel. Although it is global it is broken down into very regional units and everyone can drive positive change. They are never too big to improve. I was always encouraged to improve our process.

* Decent pay and benefits.

* Good work life balance for office positions. Overtime/weekend work was rarely required.

Cons

* Site management (including directors) seems to turn over a lot which makes things difficult.

* Because of the small company setup it can be difficult to advance unless you are willing to relocate across the country. Not as much opportunity for people outside Ohio.

May 22, 2017 – Digital Talent Brand & Attraction Specialist

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are always striving to improve, so we genuinely appreciate your feedback!

"Great Place for Hard Working Passionate People"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Budd Lake, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Budd Lake, NJ

I have been working at Givaudan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Be a part of a best in class organization. There are always new challenges and if you have an open mind and want to take part in exciting endeavours, this is the place for you.

There is an outlook that if you give then you will get, so if you continue to contribute and add value, you will be rewarded with opportunity.

Training takes a few different forms with mostly on the job, but then there are many training programs that really you just need to ask for, there is also tuition reimbursement.
    Compensation is competitive and it really can be a job for life.

Opportunities often come in the form of international assignments, so don't be quick to disregard them they will usually lead to career growth; the company is very understanding and flexible and will usually work with personal situations but don't be a primadonna.

Cons

Not a place for the faint of heart, there are continual challenges and your bandwidth will be tested.
    Clock watching will limit your career aspirations here, it is a lean organization and those who don't pull their weight will be quickly identified and miss out on opportunity.

Advice to Management

The people at Givaudan are its greatest strength. Continue to invest in those people from every level of the organization to continue the company's trajectory as the leader in the industry.

Apr 24, 2017 – Digital Talent Brand & Attraction Specialist

"Fast Paced Passionate Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Givaudan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passionate environment, fast paced, you are constantly challenged for new ideas, a lot of development opportunities offered through different training.

Cons

Because of different global locations in many time zones and need to constantly collaborate, sometimes it's hard to disconnect from work.

"Full of Opportunties"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Budd Lake, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Budd Lake, NJ

I have been working at Givaudan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has provided numerous opportunities to grow and learn throughout my career. They reward employees who show initiative and are passionate about the company and their job.

Cons

The organization is lean, the positive is a person can engage with multiple levels in the organization, however, this also requires a person to manage many priorities and absorb responsibilities when gaps in the organization arise.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on positive and productive employees, do not spend resources and energy on negative people.

"Top Fragrance Supplier"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Givaudan (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable organization
    Some managers are great at recognizing and growing talent. If you are lucky to work with one of them your experience will be very positive.

Cons

Salaries are not as generous or competitive as some other fragrance companies.
    There is such a corporate approach that it keeps everyone in boxes and levels. There is little or no recognition for loyal employees or an understanding of the business by new managers

Advice to Management

Incorporate a more value based, easier to understand way of compensating and rewarding employees.

Apr 24, 2017 – Digital Talent Brand & Attraction Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. It take all reviews very seriously and are sorry that you feel that way. At Givaudan we use all relevant market insights to offer a competitive base salary, which is ... More

"Corrupt organization- stemming from HR department"

Former Employee - Administrative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Administrative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I do not have any pros.

Cons

Favortism, work/ life balance only presented to those individuals in management roles, favors such as weight loss reimbursement covered for favored individuals. Joke!

May 11, 2017 – Digital Talent Brand & Attraction Specialist

Thank you for sharing your point of view. We are sorry to hear you feel this way about Givaudan. Favouritism is not tolerated at Givaudan. We recruit, employ and promote employees on the sole basis ... More

"disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

I worked at Givaudan full-time

Pros

top notch perfumers. excellent learning ground.

Cons

difficult to grow. misleading management.

Advice to Management

Know the value of great employee when you see it.

Apr 4, 2017 – Digital Talent Brand & Attraction Specialist

Thanks for your review. We are sorry that you felt that way at Givaudan. We wish you best of success in your new job.