Glade Run Lutheran Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Glade Run Lutheran Services Reviews

Updated Dec 30, 2018

3.1
Glade Run Lutheran Services CEO Steven T. Green (no image)
Steven T. Green
  1. "Teamwork"

I have been working at Glade Run Lutheran Services full-time

Pros

The staff working for Glade Run, especially at St. Stephen's, work together like clockwork. All staff members consistently go above and beyond to make sure every student and other staff members are physically and emotionally well. All of the teachers, teachers' assistants, administrators, behavioral support members, and even the cafeteria staff go out of their way to support one another in times of need. Everyone is... so caring, selfless, open-minded, and welcoming that joining the St. Stephen's team was a smooth time of transition for me and many of my coworkers. I'm proud to have joined a team of powerful and compassionate educators and role models!

Cons

Too many people will want to help you?

Glade Run Lutheran Services2018-10-12
  2. "Therapist"

Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Glade Run Lutheran Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The clients Lots of good, well-intentioned staff

Cons

My experience is similar to all the other negative reviews on this site. Poor communication, disorganization, lack of integrity, terrible management of performance norms, policy confusion, etc.

Advice to Management

Good intentions aren’t enough to run an agency.

Glade Run Lutheran Services2018-12-30
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Teaching Assistant"

Current Employee - Special Education Teaching Assistant in Zelienople, PA

I have been working at Glade Run Lutheran Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Health Benefits, Schedule, and co-workers

Cons

None that I can think of at this time

Glade Run Lutheran Services2018-10-15
  5. "It's not a job, it's a family."

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Zelienople, PA

I have been working at Glade Run Lutheran Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great place to work! It feels very close knit, like a family. I wish I had come to work here years ago. I can honestly say that I love my job! It's a wonderful feeling to work for people that actually care about you.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a single thing I don't like about working here.

Glade Run Lutheran Services2018-10-12
  6. "Supportive Culture"

Current Employee - Education

Pros

Offers many opportunities. I enjoy my time here and the difference I get to make. St. Stephen's offers a great launch point for gaining experience. They help coach and get your induction program done. I feel they offer good benefits.

Cons

Non- profit world can sometime be a con.

Advice to Management

Pay direct care staff better.

Glade Run Lutheran Services2018-10-11

"BSC"

Current Employee - BSC/MT in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Glade Run Lutheran Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive experience as employee and professional development.

Cons

Self care value is limited.

Glade Run Lutheran Services2018-06-20

"Lacks integrity"

Case Management in Butler, PA

I worked at Glade Run Lutheran Services

Pros

I appreciate my new employer everyday.

Cons

I was expected to commit billing fraud.

Advice to Management

Utilize your sanctuary supports and act ethically. The agency might thrive.

Glade Run Lutheran Services2017-11-10

"Blended Case Manager"

I worked at Glade Run Lutheran Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Support, Supervisors assistance and support always there Create your own schedule, Balance life and work, Great Human Services Job

Cons

Stressful high demand , paperwork overload,no ability to work as part time, Pay is too low for the role case managers have.

Advice to Management

Pay more to retain more case managers is needed. This lessons client loads and eases on expectations. Case managers do not just have their designated clients they also have their children and family they deal and work with as a whole of their clients. This makes their cases more involved and often with greater needs. I loved my role as case manager and I was great at what I did.

Glade Run Lutheran Services2017-06-02

"Therapist"

I worked at Glade Run Lutheran Services full-time

Pros

Co workers, flexibility, clients, make your own schedule

Cons

Management doesn't care about their employees

Glade Run Lutheran Services2017-04-01

"Program Manager"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Zelienople, PA

I worked at Glade Run Lutheran Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In general, they care about their staff. They try to give staff excellent medical and life insurance and time off benefits. They use to pay the majority of the medical costs, but as these continue to climb, the cost for the staff continued to climb as well. This was not the agency's fault, it just happened. They were as flexible as possible with staff's time off. This was the administrative staff, that is. ... Direct care staff could not be as flexible. My boss was excellent, we got along very well. I loved my job. They used the Sanctuary Model as much as possible. Staff were able to be as vocal for the most part. Leadership still won out of course.

Cons

As I said the insurance became expensive but it was still better than most that I heard of. Some supervisors, (finance) were not flexible and nice to their staff. I personally would not have put up with it and would have put in a grievance. Some people thought they could just do whatever they thought they could do and get away with it; did. They did not have a 401K for the first however many years I worked there.... That was a huge problem. They did however, get one. There really wasn't a whole lot of cons working there, It was a good place to work. I enjoyed my time there.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do for the most part. Try to keep the people who do the good stuff. Get rid of the ones that don't. You know what to do, Make it about the clients first. I know them money is important to stay in business, but the clients are the most important always. Treat the staff well and they will give you their best. It always works that way. It did with my staff, they gave their best. Try to give... your administrative staff a raise now and then. It is always the direct care staff who get the money, not our clerical staff who deserve it too. Just remember they hold things together around there. They deserve more than the 2% now and then. Let's not forget them. They have not been brought up to the 21st century yet. Thanks for listening.

Glade Run Lutheran Services2017-01-30