Glanbia Nutritionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brian Phelan

1. "Growing and Stable Company"

Current Employee - Director in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Director in Madison, WI

I have been working at Glanbia Nutritionals full-time

Pros

Solid, stable business that will be around for a long time.
    Opportunities to advance career and step into leadership roles.
    Global footprint allowing for work with teams around the world.
    Company based on science, research, innovation and ahead of the competitive curve.

Cons

Currently in the midst of a significant growth period. While this is great, it can be challenging but for the right individual, it can present amazing career opportunities.

2. "Beware of Grad Program"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at Glanbia Nutritionals full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits straight out of college, interesting industry and manufacturing process, growing company, free employee cheese and discounts on whey products, other grads (management trainees) are cool and easy to make friends with

Cons

The grad program (management training) is totally different than what they sell when they campus recruit. They sell it like it's a personal development program for you and your interests and career objectives matter. In reality they are back seat to what the company needs. They matter more if they happen to match what the program manager happens to need at the time. If not, the grads are a way to fill open positions that they are too cheap to actually fill with a permanent employee.

They also don't tell you that you might be doing positions that you have no interest in doing or are over qualified for in the name of "personal development." You might end up commuting 80 miles a day in your personal car from their company housing to your work location. The grads who are the most successful brown nose the program manager and the executives to try to get what they want. Also, they claim a very high placement rate after the program but I saw grads get let go, and grads leave before or right after they were placed because they weren't happy. Finally, the grad program and the company in general need to improve their communication.

I would only recommend the grad program if you have a passion for the dairy industry and want a way into the company and are ok with doing literally whatever job they tell you to and pretending you like it even if you don't.

Advice to Management

Tell the whole truth about the program when campus recruiting. You will still get applicants who are ok with the truth and you will probably have a higher retention rate because people know what they are getting into. Tell the applicants that they are basically signing up to do whatever the company dictates for two years without any promise of anything at the end.

3. "Unorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Glanbia Nutritionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool products are being contributed to. The parties are fun, like the open bar at Christmas.

Cons

Corporate is reorganizing or changing things up, but they have left the same mean and dishonest managers in place. There is no communication. Long term opportunities didn't seem to exist so I had to leave

Advice to Management

Get rid of your old ELT members and talk to the employees. Carlsbad shouldn't be treated like the ugly step children. There are good people trying to support themselves and their families. Please let them do it with respect.

"Company in general very disappointing. Not worried about consumers, all about $"

Former Employee - Trainee in Twin Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Trainee in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at Glanbia Nutritionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many, getting paid, unless you are based in California. Some people are very nice and knowledgeable, but very few.

Cons

Decisions that neg affect end consumer (food safety, quality) made on a daily basis.

No ownership nor responsible management, pointing fingers is their way of life.

Many conflict of interests in every area/level- never addressed by HR, approved by who gets benefited from them.

Don't expect team work.

Favoritism towards relatives/friends/irish

Mostly unexperienced managers and personnel, a few exceptions.

Unorganized, not sustainable company.

Employees come and go really fast. Mostly negative working environment and unethical company.

Better off working anywhere else.

5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Pros

Great working enviroment, strong innovation.

Cons

I really enjoyed working there and didn't have too many problems

6. "SAP SD OTC Consultant"

Former Employee - SAP SD OTC Consultant in Fitchburg, WI
    Former Employee - SAP SD OTC Consultant in Fitchburg, WI

I worked at Glanbia Nutritionals (More than a year)

Pros

It is great opportunity to work in Glnbia Nutritionals .

Cons

Everyday is new challenge comes and I love to face the new challenge.

Advice to Management

n/a

7. "Management who doesn't care"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Glanbia Nutritionals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Glanbia in Carlsbad used to be a great place to work at when it was owned by the Seltzer's. They really took good care of their employees.

Cons

As soon as it became Corporate, they started to bring in management who were very unprofessional. Til this day, we managers who treat their employeesite with no respect. They curse all the time or they show that they don't care. Because they have degrees, they act as if they are better than those employees who don't have degrees.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees with respect especially those who work in production. They are the ones who do all the hard manual work. Stop cursing and be professional. A degree does not make you a better person! Have some class and say good morning to everyone who passes you instead of passing them up in the hallway totally ignoring them.

"Experience at Glanbia: In response to prior ex Glanbia review of VP sales and sales team commission."

Former Employee - Director of Sales, National Strategic Accounts in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Glanbia Nutritionals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Exceptional team that made me a better person, a better sales rep, VP of Sales who mentored me to soften my approach and push me to be the best I could be everyday, a fun environment with great people, many who have become great friends, great benefits and salary is on the higher end of industry standard.

I worked directly for the VP for 6 years. I was on the team prior so I was not hand picked by him. He quickly became a mentor. He made me a more positive person, a better team player and brought a fire to our team with positive energy and encouragement. He treated the entire team equally, helping each rep to reach their full potential. If you have to chance to work with the Glanbia sales team and be managed by the VP Sales consider yourself lucky as you will grow tremendously as a person and an account manager. The hardest part of leaving was leaving my team, especially the VP. I continue to work with him and the team, as a customer now.

I can't recall one incident in 9 years where someone argued over an account due to commission.

Cons

Global, large organization so change happens often. If you don't like change or can't embrace change, this company or any global, large player is probably not a fit.

"Needs Better Upper Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Pros

Discounts on product and some overtime.

Cons

Have little direction and guidance. You will not go far in this place, if you aren't friends with supervisors. Lack of communication!

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to each and every employee.

"Growing company with a purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Glanbia Nutritionals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Glanbia is on an incredible growth journey. This is opening up opportunities for staff in many areas, including leadership development.
    Good health, dental, 401K benefits (6% match).
    Have just conducted their first global employee survey and are actively working through key findings to make improvements across all divisions globally.
    Recently rolled out the Purpose, Vision and Values with the intent to transform and continue to improve the employee experience.
    Challenging work that is always fast paced and changing.
    Focused on health and nutrition to include a wellness program with Gym on site.

Cons

Have gone through recent leadership transformation at the Carlsbad site so there has been some challenges in the management leading to poor morale. Currently transforming this at present.
    Challenging work and growing company, but this can lead to long hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employee engagement results and move towards a people centric leadership style.
    Empower and develop the staff. They have much to offer and we can all learn from each other