Glanbia Performance Nutrition Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 28, 2019

2.7
Hugh McGuire

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Industry Leader in Sports Nutrition" (in 7 reviews)

• "Good work-life-balance is possible with a little effort" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "no guidance from upper management" (in 6 reviews)

• "First; the talent pool within the organization doesn't hold a candle to a traditional CPG company" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, good benefits, competitive pay.

Cons

Growing pains from rapid expansion mean systems are in flux.

Feb 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you're enjoying your experience at GPN. If you have any further feedback to share please email us... More

2. "Intern"

Pros

Professional and challanging at times.

Cons

Sometimes there is down time, but overall the job was great!

Feb 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your input and are happy you are enjoying your experience here at GPN. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at... More

3. "An OK place to gain experience."

Current Employee - Machine Operator
    Current Employee - Machine Operator

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good benefits package.
    - Lots of overtime if you like that.

Cons

- 6 days a week basically mandatory for the entirety of the last 4 months of the year.
    - After the big year end push there's many days where there is nothing to do besides clean because there is no product.
    - Coworkers come and go, so if you end up being there for longer than everyone else you will have your responsibilities doubled without any extra recognition. Expect to train new people very often.
    - "Training" however, consists mostly of being told to do something by your bosses and having to ask your coworkers how everything works, often because the bosses themselves have no idea.

Feb 28, 2019

"Mixed Feelings, company with so much potential but sure doesn't show it"

I worked at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly Environment, good base however lower base than other companies in the same industry considering the size of the company and what they can afford. There are good people in that company.

Cons

Got a raise then pay structure change, raise and pay structure change, raise then pay structure change. After each year I made as much as a new entry entering in the same job but they said I got a raise...ok... Classy....Micromanaged to the fullest extent. Personal experience no opportunity for growth. When successful was told not experienced enough, when not successful told need to meet and exceed expectation. I showed a lot of interest to grow when I was meeting and exceeding all expectations however was constantly overlooked and they would choose to hire from outside rather than give me the opportunity to grow when I earned it. Too many old school views, they need to start listening to the ones who are talking to consumers daily.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of good people in the company that know the industry. Rather than hire someone from CPG with little to no experience in this field and looks like the most movement they done in years is getting up from their desk to stretch only to sit back down....where is the passion in that?

Upper management, you have good people in that company. Don't let them slip away. I was in the health and wellness industry for 18 years but I was told I wasn't experienced.

"Terrible Management & Culture"

I worked at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ON, Amazing Grass & Isopure brands are really good and have quality products. There's great, hard working people there. Benefits and PTO are good.

Cons

Title says it all. Upper management doesn't care about their employees. They tell them that management/leadership do not control the culture, employees do. Which obviously means, "we have no idea how to fix the culture and do not care". No room to grow and no direction. Constant infighting between departments, checked out VPs and many people quitting. CEO hires VP's like toilet paper and most of them are terrible at managing people. They say they have flexible hours but don't adhere to it and come down on people who don't work past 5.

Don't work here...it's a mess. Not a good place to attract young talent.

Feb 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you letting us know of your experience and we take these concerns very seriously. So that we can address this, please email us at... More

6. "N/A"

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any. Look somewhere else for a job

Cons

Too Many to mention. Poor mgmt, poor growth

"Dysfunctional"

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time

Pros

The people you work with

Cons

Leadership has no strategic aptitude, very whimsical and changeable on a dime, short sided and know it all / non fact based decision making.
     HR caters to whim of leadership, they're like stepford wives. no advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

For management: Grow up and get over yourselves.

HR: GET A BACK BONE AND SPINE

Feb 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We'd love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at gpntalentacquisition@glanbia.com.

"Quality Compliance Manager"

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefit package, including 6% 401k match and generous vacation allowances.

Cons

No development, corrosive culture that drives anyone who knows their own value out the door. Quality is severely under paid at this company.

Advice to Management

Robust solutions generally cost more, you pay for the quality and efficiency of a process. Choosing to implement half a program as a short sighted temporary fix needs to stop and that includes at the executive level where decisions appear to be made on whims not facts and standards.

Feb 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and letting us know. We take these concerns very seriously. So that we can address this, please email us at gpntalentacquisition@glanbia.com.

"Glanbia"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Has good bonus, and good raise if you are a higher ups friend.

Cons

The higher bosses are replaced constantly

Advice to Management

Get better upper management

"Believe the reviews"

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time

Pros

the PTO is great!
    Salaries
    near the expressway
    Discounts
    bonus
    benefits

Cons

The culture
    the employee morale is low
    High turnover
    Inexperienced supervisors/ managers
    no guidance from upper management
    no one works as a team
    you have to park at a remote parking lot and take a shuttle to work
    dirty restrooms and cafeteria

Advice to Management

Follow the values with actions. Don't just post them throughout the entire building. Appreciate the employees. BBQs in the parking lot are not cutting it anymore. Plan accordingly so that we don't have to miss out on our holidays with family.