Glance Eyewear Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Purchasing/Production Assistant"

I worked at Glance Eyewear full-time

Pros

Staff is friendly & nice.

Cons

Outdated: Other than outdated way of doing things, their clients are also struggling. I like the people there and wish them the best but as far as i could tell when I was working there, it seemed like an old school operation that couldn't keep up with the times. Entering the building and working there was almost like going into a time machine and traveling to the 90's... Same can be said of their clients who are mostly chain stores in malls.

Well, no one comes here to read about the actual business... as an employee, I was not paid well and was not treated well. It wasn't the best experience - I was hired, was never trained or given responsibilities for the job I was hired for (I was supposed to help with production and product development - I already had 4 years of experience at the time), and then a month later, after having been sent to assist in various departments, they let me go because I was "overqualified". I never did any work they said they wanted me to do during the interview... I was just sort of sent to assist whenever something came up. The system was so outdated that what is usually automated in other companies would be manually updated instead, so often times, I ended up doing data entry, which was not the job I wanted at all. It's quite insulting to have been hired for a job and never bothered to assign you to the duties described in the job description...

Advice to Management

Study examples of successful family business and find strategies to cope with the new environment. Commit to the strategies and hire good long-term employees accordingly.

2. "not good"

I worked at Glance Eyewear full-time

Pros

cant think of one good thing that came out of working at that company

Cons

company feels (and sometimes looks) very unorganized. no structor. i felt like i had one day of training and was left to figure everything out on my own. manager was rude and would constantly talk down to me. terrible terrible experience, so happy to be out of there. also no 401k plan or dental benefits

3. "Not for people who want career advancement."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Small organization. Good midtown location. Has good relationships with retailers in the industry that can be leveraged for your next position.

Cons

Family owned and operated. No growth unless you are part of the family. No incentive (or penalty) for doing a good job.

Advice to Management

Encourage success!