Glassdoor Reviews in Dublin, Co. Dublin | Glassdoor

Glassdoor Dublin Reviews

Updated January 23, 2019

Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

4.3
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is so much flexibility with work/life balance that it makes it easy to come into work in the morning" (in 62 reviews)

• "We have options for work from home and flexible hours" (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "Over the years there were a lot of growing pains" (in 39 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance can be hard to maintain at times due to high quota" (in 13 reviews)

"Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with a really great and collaborative team. We all want eachother to do well and will help out where we can. My favourite thing is a the culture at Glassdoor. Everyone works hard but we can all have a bit of fun while we are at it. Plently of nights out and reconigition for overachievement. You have to be pretty resilient in this role but the rewards are worth it. There are loads of progression opportunities in every department which is great. Plenty of snacks in the office and drink (the good kind), playstation and sometimes you might see a dog running round! Overall, happy working here and looking forward to the future of GD.

Cons

Seem to be a lot of sales ops issues that take ages to get resolved. Sometimes extra hours are needed to hit target.

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture and team moral, everyone is so friendly and helpful i found.
    Close family feel as if your part of a family.
    Training and on boarding is excellent.
    Offices are in a great location with all the bells and whistles.
    Oppurtunity to grow in the role.

Cons

The lunch bar and snacks could be improved

Advice to Management

Nothing to report - its been excellent.

"Sales Development Representative (SDR)"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Could be advantageous to have Tech multinational experience on your CV, as it is a well known brand.

Start up environment, in a great location.

Earning potential is generous.

Cons

Probation period of 6 months is actually make or break after 3 months. If you are not hitting & exceeding targets from month 1 your life quickly becomes extremely stressful and management become pessimistic & micro-managers watching, listening and monitoring your calls & calendar.

Overall Glassdoor is a very difficult product to sell given a lot of prospective clients you a cold approaching dislike Glassdoor, have had negative experience using Glassdoor or received poor reviews that as an SDR you can not remove.

Work life balance, holidays and weekends are sacrificed to hit targets that can feel achievable.

Advice to Management

Care about more then targets and treat your staff as people first, fee earners second.

"As transparent as they come"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

EMEA office is expanding at a rapid rate meaning the buzz about the office is electric.

You don't feel like a small fish in a big pond, higher management are approachable and ready to listen, proactive.

Not your typical run of the mill sales position, everybody within the office genuinely wants you to do well.

Cons

To 'smash targets' is almost expected, it's rewarded generously, but you feel that added pressure.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency burning! To be kept in the know of the business operations and growth plans is powerful, it's keeps you wanting to grow with Glassdoor.

All round you're all doing an amazing job, so hats off to you.

"Great Company but be prepared to work hard!"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Early stages of growth so an exciting time to be in the company and a lot of potential for growth and progression
    - Still a small company so you can feel valued and your opinion matters, even if you're just a new member
    - Not a typical cold-calling environment - more of a consultative approach to selling which helps you learn a lot more about the product / service from the beginning of your career
    - A lot of nights out and company social events to enjoy
    - Relatively young team so there's a lot of energy and the culture is great
    - Great people to learn off and grow as a sales person
    - BAMF
    - Pizza Fridays
    - Free Snacks, beers, wine, VitHits

Cons

- Work life balance can be difficult at times and quota does not change if you have paid time off so this can be very stressful, especially for new starts which causes people to work unsociable hours and weekends
    - Promotion timeline and criteria has been very vague so expectations aren't properly set for new joiners

Advice to Management

- Have clearer expectations set for new joiners for promotion
    - As we start to grow, try to maintain the culture (BAMF, Kuddle etc.)
    - Be more realistic with quotas so that people don't feel guilty for taking time off

"Sales Development Representative"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor is full of great people who you can learn from. The culture is great with plenty of social events. There are plenty of benefits, from unlimited annual leave, private health insurance, a good pension scheme and pizza on Friday's.. We also have free snacks (crisps, popcorn, cans of coke, vit hits, fulfill bars, pistachios etc). We also have a fridge of beers, wine etc.
    The EMEA region is expanding so there are lots of opportunities to learn, grow and apply for new roles.
    The location is right beside Stephens Green in Dublin 2 so very central and easy to get to.
    Overall it is a great place to work, the team are all very supportive and are able to have a laugh!

Cons

-Promotion timeline has been unclear and vague, so expectations were not set properly for new starters which leads to disappointment and frustration.
    -Quota is quite high and can be stressful. You don't get quota relief when you take time off, so it is hard to hit your monthly quota/targets. The workload can be a lot and pressuring.
    - If you don't hit quota, your commission isn't great
    -Work/Life balance can be hard to maintain at times due to high quota

Advice to Management

-More transparency with regards to promotions and timelines
    -Each individual should be managed differently
    -Try to maintain the great culture we have as we continue to grow and expand!

7. "Hard work but financially rewarding"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, really good training and learning curve. Everyone is working towards a common goal.

Office is in a fantastic location

Cons

More challenging then it seems.. can be difficult to work towards, meet & exceed target assigned. Work life balance is hard to maintain if you are not on track to overachieve

Advice to Management

Longer ramping period. More transparency on changes within teams.

"Great place to build commercial skills in a friendly environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small close office in a great location.

Lots of support from management.

Transparent culture where nothing is kept from you.

Friendly colleagues. who like seeing you do well.

Opportunity for international travel regularly.

Great work life balance .

Cons

As with any small organisation going through rapid expansion there are some growing pains.

Response rate from support services can be slow.

New systems mean tracking your quota performance can be challenging.

There are never enough Vit Hits in the fridge ;)

Advice to Management

Keep building in EMEA . Progress has been huge in the last few months and I am really excited to see what the business develops into.

Continue to invest in facilities and perks to keep employees engaged and productive.

As we continue to grow in size make sure not to allow the great culture that the business has to be lost.

"EMEA on the Rise"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a very exciting time for Glassdoor Dublin, our EMEA HQ. There have been a number positive changes over the last 6 months, including a new local leadership team, new offices on Stephen's Green, and a great new attitude in the Dublin Office.

Everyone feels excited about the journey we are on to Help People Find a Job in a Company they Love. Leadership is very open about the expansion plans and there is a strong sense of belief and togetherness. We understand that finding local solutions to local problems is the key to our success.

Cons

As the EMEA arm of the business, we are still reliant on our US cousins to implement requests which can add to delays in execution, which can be frustrating. Within the Sales Org, it still feels like we spend too much time dealing with Operational Issues which can restrain our growth.

Advice to Management

Please continue to listen to the feedback and leverage what you are hearing to steer the ship. We really appreciate everything you have done to support the teams in Dublin and ask that you continue to help us grow, now more than ever.

10. "No better time to join!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Comprehensive training both online self-driven and classroom based
    - Smart and friendly colleagues - managed to maintain scrappy, startup culture across different offices
    - Excellent solution delivering great results for clients
    - Opportunities for advancement and professional development

The recent acquisition by Recruit Holdings means Glassdoor will be able to speed up the expansion efforts in EMEA and beyond. There's never been a better time to join! Like my colleagues, I'm extremely excited to see what the next 12+ months brings for Glassdoor.

Cons

Not enough green Vit-hits ;)
    No other cons so far

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing