Glassdoor Enterprise Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a positive work/life balance" (in 61 reviews)

• "We have options for work from home and flexible hours" (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "Quickly evolving organization so there are some growing pains" (in 38 reviews)

• "Lack of support from the Mill Valley Office" (in 20 reviews)

"we are family"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Family: I say this all the time, but the employees at Glassdoor are not just that. We are really like a family--and we genuinely care about each other & enjoy each other. To me, that is the best part about waking up and coming to work every morning. And on top of that, our leadership truly cares about us as well. Our CEO, Robert, may not know everyone's face, but he knows every name (pretty incredible in a company of 800 people).

-Perks: From incredible health insurance to the ability to wear jeans & flip-flops to the catered lunches, we really do have a good amount of perks & benefits. We are pretty transparent with the fact that we may not pay at the tip-top of the scale (it's still pretty good though!), but we have other things to make up for that. Stock options, flexible vacation policy, ability to work from home if needed.

-Autonomy: One of things I appreciate about Glassdoor is that they let you do you. I have rarely (if ever) felt micro-managed. On the AM side, we are truly the leaders of our own book and are empowered to treat our accounts & clients & schedules in the way we think is best. I hear about a lot of other companies where managers get involved in every little issue, call, deal, etc. but our leadership respects our decisions.

Cons

-We are still a start-up, so change is going to happen. A lot. If you can't roll with the punches, then this may be a hard place to be. With that being said, we change so much because leadership actually listens to us and our needs & concerns. We constantly make changes to territories, comp structure, support, etc. so we can grow & scale and still provide the employees with what we need.

-Because there is so much change, it is sometimes hard to get a clear picture on what your career path will be or can be at Glassdoor. Things can pop up really quickly, or you may have to wait several months longer than originally planned to get a promo. We do need to do a better job of preparing people for career advancement & mentoring them to that next step, providing feedback on where they hit & where they miss, and being upfront.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and providing a clear & transparent roadmap to each employee on what their career path looks like & how they can get there!

More keynote sessions from Robert (his talk at SKO has everyone jazzed)!

May 3, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales

I’m proud to read this, and happy you are part of our team. The Chicago office is buzzing with excitement and as we forge ahead I’m looking forward to setting this team up to succeed and take... More

"Enterprise Account Manager - No Win!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The greatest part of Glassdoor are the people that I work with.

Cons

For the past 4+ years Glassdoor has been trying to figure out how to organize internally and how to structure the goals. This is still a struggle as no one in leadership has a clue regarding the growth side of the business and how to make goals fair across the teams. I am not sure how many years they are going to try and put a “one size fits all” approach on this until they realize that does not work. There is no parity in size of books, types of accounts, past history on accounts (which will clearly dictate future growth), etc. There is no forgiveness in the plan and frankly the ability to make your OTE is almost impossible unless you are a lucky few. Throughout my tenure here, they keep saying “we messed up” and then do little things to try and correct, but they only correct for those who have already reaped the benefits. Additionally, their is NO support for the ENT growth tier. It has become abundantly clear that unless you are in new business or on the strat team, that your success will always be a struggle here and you are completely on your own.

Advice to Management

Stop doing the same thing over and over with a slightly different look to it. As a company that wants to put the “client first”, then you need to put your top account managers first. They are your direct contact with your most important clients and if they are not feeling success and positive that will only emulate out to clients indirectly. Plan for the future and stop trying to put band aids on problems. Lastly, listen to what your employees say and make change, don’t just try to seem empathetic and do nothing.

Aug 13, 2018 – VP, Enterprise Sales

Thank you for your feedback and perspective, we can’t get better without it. Over your four years at Glassdoor it’s heartening to see that your peers and our people have been a constant area of... More

"A lot of promises but no delivery- Growth Team"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

I went through a lot to get this role at Glassdoor on the growth team. My teammates were really great people and did a lot to help me get up and running.
    -Solid product and mission
    -Good benefits
    - Fun office atmosphere and perks
    -Competitive pay

Cons

I have a lot of them because my experience was pretty awful in the end. For starters, after receiving the offer, they were tiptoeing around the idea of pulling the offer back but eventually they did not ( I can't remember the exact wording but it was very confusing). They changed my start date 3 times. It took them a month and half to decide whether or not I had a guarantee or not for the first few months I was not on book. Once they did decide to give me one (it was generous) they changed the amount on me 2 times. Training was pretty good but I wish they would have had more of a focus on the growth side of the house. It was set up for new biz.

Leadership had told me they wanted to hit the road with me and I planned a long trip in my territory only to have them bail on me last minute. I performed well on my own but it was just sign of how upper management effects the day to day big time with their last minute asks. I feel like no matter what I did it was never enough, I brought back a solid verbal from a client that we were going to grow an additional 80% and I got flack for it. I felt really good about all the work I put in and the result was really big for my book and team but the feedback I got was that I needed to push the client even harder.

This all came to a head when I was let go without any prior warning or notice, despite being lauded company wide just a few weeks before for hitting my monthly quota. Just days before I was also told I had been performing well and had been great a receiving the coaching management had provided to me. I also had forecasted to crush my goal for the current month, so there were no signs of poor performance. Additionally, in the weeks prior to this management had laid out a program that had specific criteria we needed to hit to be in "good standing" and it was mentioned that there would be conversations along the way if an individual was not meeting those standards. I never had any of those conversations.

This was a really shady situation as I was randomly pull into a room and told I no longer had a job at Glassdoor (given no explanation whatsoever about why I was let go). Leadership said one sentence and then left the room, it was gutless. I do not know who was truly behind this or why I was let go. I went back to collect my things and the entire side of the office was cleared out so I could not interact with anyone. Just a terrible situation while working at a company that preached transparency and living by G.R.I.T. This was just like a company with a bad GD rating, there were no values I was just a number to them.

I had two former colleagues in the interview process with GD and had to tell them that I was let go out of nowhere without any information given to me. It did not make GD look very good at all.

A lot of things were said about this company and my team being a family but frankly this was not my experience based on the results of my employment. Dealing with HR was not pleasant at all either. They shut off my Cobra when they were not supposed to and were just difficult to deal with in general. Oh and I think in general because its a young company, there is a lot of drinking together and for me personally I feel like it set me back not being in that crowd as I don't drink much.

And of course after all that they just sell the company a month after my termination so that may have certainly played a factor in things as well. Apparently its all about the all mighty dollar and selling out to a foreign company.

Overall I would say I just wish things went differently, I felt ok most of the time and enjoyed being there and just battled through these issues thanks to the support of my teammates. I never would have thought this company being who they are and what they represent would have treated me like this. Be careful.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they are real people, to this day I still do not really know why I am no longer working at GD. I have certainly moved on but management treated me like some puppet and gave me a pink slip for no reason. They did not even have the balls to tell me the truth about what happened. It would have been a lot easier on me if I had known why but they just didn't care enough about me to tell me. That says a lot about who this company really is. All I did was come to work everyday and work my butt off and hit my numbers but that did not matter to them.

Aug 13, 2018 – VP, Enterprise Sales

First off, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We believe Glassdoor is a special place where our employees have a great opportunity to thrive and excel and it's... More

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great leadership, great people.

Cons

Quickly evolving organization so there are some growing pains.

"Enterprise Account Manager"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is willing to listen. Great co-workers. Amazing world and industry changing consumer product.

Cons

Lots of transition right now, with that comes a lot of change - keeping up with all the change can be tough sometimes.

Advice to Management

We need to be individually focused on what our mission is doing for the world, and the impact we are having on people's daily lives. That's the mission that keeps me at Glassdoor, that's the bond we should have with each other knowing companies in our space have goals but none so altruistic as ours. We get so focused on the day to day - we forget that we are on this long journey with peaks and valleys, we forget to look up every once in awhile and see the Mountain in the picture representing our long term goals. I would love to hear our new leaders explain why Glassdoor's mission is worldly important because I relay that to our clients on a daily basis. This would help create a bond that our visions are aligned, that the reason we grind daily is for a common goal. I would run through walls for that type of leadership - even outside my own department.

Aug 4, 2016 – VP Sales

I agree with all of these reviews which regardless of sentiment, call out the great people at Glassdoor. Thank you for your continued efforts. I'm more proud today of this team today than I ever have... More