Glassdoor Enterprise Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • One of my favorite parts about Glassdoor is our employer's emphasis on employee wellness and work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• We have options for work from home and flexible hours (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Common high growth company growing pains - often short staffed, requiring constant prioritization (often times, valuable things lose out) (in 32 reviews)

• Let's be honest, at most Saas companies in the bay area 30-40% of the sales org hits their quotas (in 19 reviews)

"Ent 2 Growth - Need more growth focus but getting better overall"

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Manager

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people

The vision and a belief in the mission

The product roadmap

The benefits, especially for family defendants

Amazing CEO

Cons

Lots of meetings

Sometimes feel like a customer service rep

Company feels like it's Customer tolerant vs customer advocate when dealing with internal issues - sounds like we are changing this though!

Csm and am roles have never made sense in the 4 years I've been here, but hoping this improves with the changes going on

Pay is very cyclical, some are struggling due to annual bonuses basically vs quarterly given the nature of when our business renews.

Advice to Management

Robert/Kate: I challenge you to consider the lack of thought diversity on the sales leadership team regarding growth vs new business.

My anonymous advice is that we need a VP of enterprise growth who oversees ent 1 and ent 2 growth. I would personally be more motivated tomorrow with a growth focused VP at the top of my org chart.

(We wouldn't need to look far as we have an amazing leader of ent 2 growth who would make a really good fit. I would run through walls for her)

Oct 25, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. As you mentioned we are making positive changes in the sales org. We are listening and will continue to listen and make changes based upon feedback... More

"Bring Back That Lovin' Feelin'"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of reasons I love working at Glassdoor:
    1) We are making a major impact in the landscape of recruiting. The mission to help people everywhere find a job and a company they love is meaningful and is something I feel excited about doing every day. I enjoy the conversations I have with our employer partners and I feel like I'm helping them shape their strategy. It's rewarding work.
    2) The people! What other reviewers say is true... I work alongside the smartest, most hard working and driven individuals. It's a true team environment where we all help and support each other.
    3) My managers. I've been incredibly lucky to work for and learn from two really talented individuals in my time here. I always feel they have my best interest at heart, work to remove obstacles, coach me with valuable feedback and push me to be better. While my two managers have been very different, have both taught me skills that will benefit me well past my tenure at Glassdoor.
    4) Add all of the perks like ongoing professional and EQ training, free lunch and snacks, team events, an onsite gym and classes, free health benefits, a beautiful and sunny location, dogs in the office... it truly is a great place to work.

Cons

I am sad to say that it feels like the wheels are falling off in so many areas of the business, and it's easy to lose track of all of the things I love about working here. Each department is stretched incredibly thin. B2B Product rolls out half-finished, not well thought-through products, Data Science is understaffed and can't produce the reporting the sales team needs, Product Marketing can't keep up with sales collateral because they have to jump through 100 hoops to get something developed then approved, our Customer Success team is understaffed/overworked/underpaid and managing too many accounts .... it's no fault of the people in these departments, many of them are incredibly talented, it's that we need more of them.

Specifically for the ENT Account Management group, I can't even begin to calculate the amount of time spent pulling reports and building presentations for client meetings. This needs to be automated so we can our time strategically selling into our accounts. Like ASAP, not "it's coming." A number of positive changes have been made this year (i.e. reducing the number of accounts each AM manages, fewer reps under one manager, newly created/to-be-formed Customer Insights team) but if you're looking at this role, you need to be prepared to work a lot of late hours, travel around the country and likely only hit 80-90% of your quota.

Quotas and Compensation? We'll look past the fact that our Fiscal Year started April 1, but we didn't have our quotas until May, nor our Comp Plans until the first week of July. Quotas are structured with unrealistic expectations of revenue growth when our product hasn't historically performed well enough to justify a larger investment from our clients. Although a number of people on the team were asked their input on the structure of both quota and comp, it was all in vain as it doesn't seem any was taken into account. Comp is below market value and an unattainable quota means you're not hitting your OTE and even more underpaid for working 60+ hour weeks. Not to mention you just plain don't feel like you're winning and successful.

Advice to Management

Stop the broken record. Real talk: the last 2+ years have been painful. Last year you told us you heard us, that things were broken and that this year they would be better: "we have multiple MBA's working on quotas!" I feel like I had blind faith that it would be. I trusted the process, and well, the jokes on me because it's not better. We know exactly how this story ends because we saw it play out last year: the entire sales team loses morale, our best people leave for greener pastures, we don't hit quota, we're all under immense pressure and the org and business struggle as a result. Help us feel set up to win by creating realistic and achievable goals, get into the trenches with us and feel and hear what we're facing every day to be able to do so.

I'm having a hard time seeing all of the great things we're doing and progress we're making because every single message from our CEO and sr leadership is that the growth team is failing the business, that we need to put our heads down, that we need to fight fight fight and just "do the damn thing." Reset and find an inspiring way of motivating us, of helping us see the forrest through the trees or why we're all here working so hard. Like many of my team mates, I want to be here, I want to love my job, I want to win - help me do that!

"we are family"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Family: I say this all the time, but the employees at Glassdoor are not just that. We are really like a family--and we genuinely care about each other & enjoy each other. To me, that is the best part about waking up and coming to work every morning. And on top of that, our leadership truly cares about us as well. Our CEO, Robert, may not know everyone's face, but he knows every name (pretty incredible in a company of 800 people).

-Perks: From incredible health insurance to the ability to wear jeans & flip-flops to the catered lunches, we really do have a good amount of perks & benefits. We are pretty transparent with the fact that we may not pay at the tip-top of the scale (it's still pretty good though!), but we have other things to make up for that. Stock options, flexible vacation policy, ability to work from home if needed.

-Autonomy: One of things I appreciate about Glassdoor is that they let you do you. I have rarely (if ever) felt micro-managed. On the AM side, we are truly the leaders of our own book and are empowered to treat our accounts & clients & schedules in the way we think is best. I hear about a lot of other companies where managers get involved in every little issue, call, deal, etc. but our leadership respects our decisions.

Cons

-We are still a start-up, so change is going to happen. A lot. If you can't roll with the punches, then this may be a hard place to be. With that being said, we change so much because leadership actually listens to us and our needs & concerns. We constantly make changes to territories, comp structure, support, etc. so we can grow & scale and still provide the employees with what we need.

-Because there is so much change, it is sometimes hard to get a clear picture on what your career path will be or can be at Glassdoor. Things can pop up really quickly, or you may have to wait several months longer than originally planned to get a promo. We do need to do a better job of preparing people for career advancement & mentoring them to that next step, providing feedback on where they hit & where they miss, and being upfront.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and providing a clear & transparent roadmap to each employee on what their career path looks like & how they can get there!

More keynote sessions from Robert (his talk at SKO has everyone jazzed)!

May 3, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales

I’m proud to read this, and happy you are part of our team. The Chicago office is buzzing with excitement and as we forge ahead I’m looking forward to setting this team up to succeed and take... More

"Play Hard, Work Harder"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

I can genuinely say I love this job and feel I am surrounded by smart and driven individuals.

The Sales Leadership at Glassdoor is incredibly talented and is tasked to lead with a level of transparency that is no easy feat. Leadership is always asking for feedback and uses that feedback in their decision making process. I look up to these leaders and have learned so much from them.

The mission at Glassdoor is inspiring. Representing the company and telling people where you work always comes with a positive reaction "OU, Glassdoor? I love that website." Knowing you are helping people drives purpose. Customers are typically newer to the platform and always asking questions on what else they can do. There's a lot of educating that goes on and it's a refreshing approach to sales.

Benefits are great. Lunch is delivered for free most days, Health Insurance is amazing, Maternity/Paternity leave is generous, and vacation is never an issue. The new office is a great space and will stand out as one of the betters offices in the Chicago area.

Cons

The pros definitely outweigh the cons. With that said-- there are strong concerns on the ENT growth team, and I fear we'll watch our most talented colleagues leave for other companies with better work life balance.

I would argue that the ENT growth team is the most worked-to-the-ground and under supported team at Glassdoor. If you're interviewing for the role, you need to be prepared to work hard, really hard. The ENT managers are rock stars, and the team is a great support network-- but it won't change that you'll work long hours, travel half the country, only to hit your annual quota by 75%.

If you are in sales, career development seems limited. Other than becoming a Sales Manager, there isn't really anywhere to go in the org. I'd hope this would change as the Chicago office expands.

If you work remote, it can be lonely. I love my team and often wish I could grab a beer with them after my 60 hour work week.

Advice to Management

The ENT Growth team needs more support. We have way too many accounts and the growth quota is not remotely realistic. We know this, you know this. Let's finally do something about it in FY2018. This is the second year in an row we're getting hurt out here. Help us.

The relationship between SalesOps and Sales has gotten better, however, we constantly need to be asking ourselves "Is this the most efficient process?" Please don't make me submit another 400 cases in 2017. Sales, SalesOps, and Customer success all have the same issue, bandwidth. How can we streamline processes and simplify what we do to allow our AMs to have more time selling? #simplification should be our focus in 2017. Our business has been very new biz focused, and as we mature it's time we focus on the customer life cycle and journey.

Glassdoor is sitting on a goldmine of innovation in the "Ideas" tool...is anyone listening to those ideas? It would be nice to know Product is taking these into the plan for next year.

Please continue to invest in the Chicago culture. If this is the future of the Sales Org let's make sure we're investing in creating our future sales leaders. We can't only rely on plucking top talent from other tech companies, we need to make sure we can create within as well. Mentorship programs, JM training, even happy hours-- they all create loyalty to Glassdoor and help us be better. There are some very talented vets in the Chicago office, if one leaves it will start a chain reaction. Please don't let that happen.

Lastly, can we talk about Marketing? There needs to be better communication between Marketing and Sales. Let's forgive each other and start fresh in 2017? Cool.

I love this company. Thanks for all you do.

Jan 6, 2017 – Chief Revenue Officer

Thank you for your feedback and concerns as it relates to the ENT Growth team. With respect to achievement the changes we made in Q3 and Q4 seem to be taking affect as achievement was much higher... More

"Enterprise Account Manager"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is willing to listen. Great co-workers. Amazing world and industry changing consumer product.

Cons

Lots of transition right now, with that comes a lot of change - keeping up with all the change can be tough sometimes.

Advice to Management

We need to be individually focused on what our mission is doing for the world, and the impact we are having on people's daily lives. That's the mission that keeps me at Glassdoor, that's the bond we should have with each other knowing companies in our space have goals but none so altruistic as ours. We get so focused on the day to day - we forget that we are on this long journey with peaks and valleys, we forget to look up every once in awhile and see the Mountain in the picture representing our long term goals. I would love to hear our new leaders explain why Glassdoor's mission is worldly important because I relay that to our clients on a daily basis. This would help create a bond that our visions are aligned, that the reason we grind daily is for a common goal. I would run through walls for that type of leadership - even outside my own department.

Aug 4, 2016 – VP Sales

I agree with all of these reviews which regardless of sentiment, call out the great people at Glassdoor. Thank you for your continued efforts. I'm more proud today of this team today than I ever have... More