Glassdoor Enterprise Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is a positive work/life balance (in 60 reviews)

• We have options for work from home and flexible hours (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Common high growth company growing pains - often short staffed, requiring constant prioritization (often times, valuable things lose out) (in 32 reviews)

• Let's be honest, at most Saas companies in the bay area 30-40% of the sales org hits their quotas (in 19 reviews)

"we are family"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Family: I say this all the time, but the employees at Glassdoor are not just that. We are really like a family--and we genuinely care about each other & enjoy each other. To me, that is the best part about waking up and coming to work every morning. And on top of that, our leadership truly cares about us as well. Our CEO, Robert, may not know everyone's face, but he knows every name (pretty incredible in a company of 800 people).

-Perks: From incredible health insurance to the ability to wear jeans & flip-flops to the catered lunches, we really do have a good amount of perks & benefits. We are pretty transparent with the fact that we may not pay at the tip-top of the scale (it's still pretty good though!), but we have other things to make up for that. Stock options, flexible vacation policy, ability to work from home if needed.

-Autonomy: One of things I appreciate about Glassdoor is that they let you do you. I have rarely (if ever) felt micro-managed. On the AM side, we are truly the leaders of our own book and are empowered to treat our accounts & clients & schedules in the way we think is best. I hear about a lot of other companies where managers get involved in every little issue, call, deal, etc. but our leadership respects our decisions.

Cons

-We are still a start-up, so change is going to happen. A lot. If you can't roll with the punches, then this may be a hard place to be. With that being said, we change so much because leadership actually listens to us and our needs & concerns. We constantly make changes to territories, comp structure, support, etc. so we can grow & scale and still provide the employees with what we need.

-Because there is so much change, it is sometimes hard to get a clear picture on what your career path will be or can be at Glassdoor. Things can pop up really quickly, or you may have to wait several months longer than originally planned to get a promo. We do need to do a better job of preparing people for career advancement & mentoring them to that next step, providing feedback on where they hit & where they miss, and being upfront.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and providing a clear & transparent roadmap to each employee on what their career path looks like & how they can get there!

More keynote sessions from Robert (his talk at SKO has everyone jazzed)!

Glassdoor Response

May 3, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales

I’m proud to read this, and happy you are part of our team. The Chicago office is buzzing with excitement and as we forge ahead I’m looking forward to setting this team up to succeed and take... More

2. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great leadership, great people.

Cons

Quickly evolving organization so there are some growing pains.

"Enterprise Account Manager"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is willing to listen. Great co-workers. Amazing world and industry changing consumer product.

Cons

Lots of transition right now, with that comes a lot of change - keeping up with all the change can be tough sometimes.

Advice to Management

We need to be individually focused on what our mission is doing for the world, and the impact we are having on people's daily lives. That's the mission that keeps me at Glassdoor, that's the bond we should have with each other knowing companies in our space have goals but none so altruistic as ours. We get so focused on the day to day - we forget that we are on this long journey with peaks and valleys, we forget to look up every once in awhile and see the Mountain in the picture representing our long term goals. I would love to hear our new leaders explain why Glassdoor's mission is worldly important because I relay that to our clients on a daily basis. This would help create a bond that our visions are aligned, that the reason we grind daily is for a common goal. I would run through walls for that type of leadership - even outside my own department.

Glassdoor Response

Aug 4, 2016 – VP Sales

I agree with all of these reviews which regardless of sentiment, call out the great people at Glassdoor. Thank you for your continued efforts. I'm more proud today of this team today than I ever have... More