Glassdoor Enterprise Sales Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Enterprise Sales Account Executive

5.0
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • One of my favorite parts about Glassdoor is our employer's emphasis on employee wellness and work life balance (in 52 reviews)

• Stock options, flexible vacation policy, ability to work from home if needed (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Everything I would consider a con would fall under the "growing pains" category (in 29 reviews)

• you'll see that many bay area tech company employees' are able to sell their shares on the secondary market (in 18 reviews)

"Loving Life at Glassdoor"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Beautiful headquarters on the water in Sausalito which includes free parking and free lunch!
    -Glassdoor is growing like crazy and it is very exciting to hit new milestones every quarter
    -The sales org has well defined career paths, aggressive but attainable quotas, uncapped commission, fun co-workers, and a supportive management team
    -Clients are very engaged at the Enterprise level. It is fun to work with big brands and make an impact on their business.
    -Our CEO was the main reason I came to Glassdoor. He is brilliant, approachable, and people would follow him anywhere
    -I adore my colleagues
    -Unlimited PTO! I have really taken advantage of that over the past few years :)

Cons

-Sausalito could be considered a downside since it is not in the city, which also makes happy hour a little challenging (I actually like the counter-commute from the city)
    -Normal growing pains, such as territory re-alignments, new processes, and not knowing everyone by name anymore
    -First 6 months for new sales rep can be a little daunting since there is a big learning curve

Advice to Management

-Continue to listen to your teams and make appropriate adjustments
    -The sales org could use more team outings so that we bond with new hires
    -Sales needs another product to sell - our clients want to buy more!
    -Focus on our culture as we grow
    -Keep up the great work!

"Absolutely Amazing"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands down the most fun place I have worked. The entire organization, from product, to engineering, sales, to C Suite are fantastic. It is exciting to be part of an organization where everyone truly believes in what we do.

Cons

Typical hyper growth startup challenges. Territories shifting, policies changing etc. However, these challenges, if you can call them that, are dwarfed by how great it is to work with such a wonderful group of people.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency!

"Good changes are a-comin'!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$50M in growth for an international expansion - awesome
    48% of people NOW use Glassdoor in their job searching process - awesome
    Name recognition "Glassdoor" is skyrocketing - awesome
    Basically the company is growing like wild fire, which is..... awesome.

In addition, if feels SUPER good to be part of a company who's products actually work! Honestly, I feel 100% confident in selling Glassdoor products, because they have helped every employer I know. And it's great to work for a company where I can come into the office everyday (or work from home), and know that I am helping people everywhere find the jobs and companies they love.

Cons

With great growth, comes some pretty big changes. There's been some good and bad changes to the comp structure of the sales team. Things are getting better, but change is of course not easy.

Communication is also getting much harder across the organization, I'm not always aware what the product teams are working on, or what is coming down the pipeline. Also, finding the right person to speak with about x,y, or z may be hard if you're just starting out here. But at least with Glassdoor we maintain a small org feel, so there are still weekly huddles, and I still feel like I can walk into the CEO's office, and talk to him about anything. That's great.

Advice to Management

Great job across the board. Please continue to iron out the compensation plan for the sales team asap.

Thanks!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and review. I'm glad to hear the the new comp plan and sales model is working for you. The past three months have definitely seen quite a few changes as we have transitioned ... More

"Great place to be if you believe in working hard and learning from smart peeople"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly intelligent and successful leadership.
    We're disrupting the market
    We're the talk of the industry
    Most people "get it" and those who don't typically don't need much convincing/explanation.
    We're not your typical one dimensional recruitment/HR company - i saw that from day 1 of training!
    Fast paced, hyper growth and true startup feel in London.
    Your work and effort doesn't go unnoticed and has an immediate impact.
    Surrounded by smart people
    The future, what we will accomplish is incredibly exciting and i'm excited to be a key part of our global growth.

Cons

The London office isn't quite as cool as HQ and we don't have the perks they have. We have to deal with miserable weather and even more miserable faces on the tube commuting to the office everyday. Added to that, we don't have free catered lunches, onsite gym, unlimited PTO, dogs at work, video games in the office, a nap room, kayaking at the office or an amazing view out the window!!

..In all seriousness this will change over time and we're currently in a trendy part of London but it's not quite Sausalito. For some reason the business simply wont take me seriously when i ask to be relocated to head office!!

UK Benefits are lacking somewhat but I know that's a matter of time before we're on a par with the US.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture, continue to listen to your employees regardless of their tenure and seniority within the business. There's something amazing happening here and I love being part of it and feeling valued.

Glassdoor Response

May 28, 2015 – CEO & Founder

Thank you for the really thoughtful review. The London office, as you point out, is new and we are working to make it as great as our Sausalito office. You and everyone else in that office are a ... More