Glassdoor Reviews | Glassdoor

Glassdoor Reviews

Updated December 11, 2018

US - All Cities

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a positive work/life balance" (in 62 reviews)

• "We have options for work from home and flexible hours" (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "Quickly evolving organization so there are some growing pains" (in 38 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance can be hard to maintain at times due to high quota" (in 12 reviews)

"It really is amazing here at Glassdoor"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team - everyone is friendly and collaborative

Bring your dog to work - literally every day

Catered lunch - every day

Beautiful views on the water in Mill Valley

Cons

I struggle to really think of any at the moment.

Nov 15, 2018 – Vice President, Customer Success

Dear Mill Valley CSM

Thanks for writing a review and fantastic to hear that you're loving your work in Customer Success at Glassdoor!

I agree that awesome team + dogs + views + catered lunch... More

2. "Incredible Sales Team!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Strong mission
    - Great benefits and perks
    - Opportunity to sell an amazing product
    - Great people all around, management truly supports you
    - Fast paced environment with aggressive/attainable quotas
    - The CEO Robert Hohman really cares about his employees

Cons

- Chicago office needs to allow dogs on-site (maybe every Friday?), the California office allows dogs. Huge con for dog lovers.

Advice to Management

Please continue to preach transparency across all levels of the organization. You do an amazing job listening to your employees and implementing feedback quickly.

As Glassdoor continues to grow, do not let the culture or values fade. Keep quotas attainable to keep morale high. Thanks for all that you do!

"Transition from Sale"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- renewed focus on the product
    - company is looking at growth and expanding to international markets
    - culture is easy to work with and they hire good people

Cons

- very little documented process which makes it difficult to know what you are empowered to do and leads to some power struggles
    - PM team is inexperienced and focuses on small projects and nobody is looking at larger changes
    - Seems afraid to tackle changes to existing site because if might mess up some metrics.

Advice to Management

You need to break some stuff to make it better. There is a lot of tech and design debt in the site with a lot of small things that are broken. There is nobody paying attention to how everything works together and engagement is suffering because of it. Keep hiring good people but let them tackle fundamental product change rather than optimizing things that are broken.

"If You Build It, We Will Sell It, and They Will Buy It"

Current Employee - Enterprise II in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise II in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Mission is amazing, To Help People Everywhere Find a Job and Company they Love.
    Good Salary and Commission
    Great Benefits
    Great Team Members
    Great Office
    Dogs!

Cons

I've Sold the same products for 5 years
    We Need something new to sell
    Our internal feedback goes to a layered system of management that never makes it s way outside of Sales.
    We forecast to forecast the forecast before forecasting that previous forecast.

Advice to Management

Vision : From my stand point Sales needs to demand a new product. If we do not get something new to sell that is not a failure of the product team as I believe they are truly looking at the 3-5 year strategy, that is a failure of the Sales Organization to not influence the decisions of what we need to be successful on the Enterprise tier in the near term. Thats not just on Enterrprise sales leadership, but Enterprise sales reps too. We need to be in alignment.

Day to Day : Our sales leaders forecast too much. You can only look at an excel doc so much, why cant we hire an analyst to focus on forecasting and task Sales with more responsibilty to "lead and succeed". We do not need our SVP, our VP, our Director AND our Manager rolling up forecasts 4 times a month... because at the end of the month, and end of quarter we then get a SVP quarter in review, an Enterprise quarter in review, and a director quarter in review...

You have solid sales people, don't be afraid to fail, take a risk, and watch how much of it we sell.

Aug 13, 2018 – VP, Enterprise Sales

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thoughts. It’s great to hear that the mission and people at Glassdoor are at the center of your positive experience, and all the work we... More

"Slow and Steady"

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Mill Valley, CA
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Mill Valley, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor has come a long way in developing a culture where design has an equal part in high-level decisions. They're also developing a legitimate UX team that will help fully support these decisions. The Director of UX played a big part of this by taking a small but very talented team, and helped to not only strengthen the team as a unit, but created a productive cadence and encouraged everyone to communicate the value of design to every stakeholder.
    The knowledge and support I received from higher level designers was invaluable, and something I will bring with me and share with others.

Cons

The biggest frustration for me, was the lack of strategy and focus at the top level. This made it difficult for me as a decent UX designer to fully understand the main user goal for any product i was working on, as the scope of the project changed dramatically throughout its lifecycle.

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Architect in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Architect in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO remembers my name! Executives say hi in the hallway! C-Levels listen and put constructive feedback into action plans to enhance company function. Everyone works hard and with a high level of respect for each other. Beautiful work environment, daily delicious lunch, many team bonding events, and dog-friendly environment.

Cons

Nothing bad to share thus far...

Advice to Management

Robert, our CEO, is awesome!

"Keeps Getting Better"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love being on the CS team at Glassdoor. We've been through a lot of changes in the last 12-14 months, but it finally feels like we're getting into a groove. Our fearless leader has worked hard to make CS a great place to work throughout the company. He sets clear goals and executes. End of story.

The partnership with Sales in particular has drastically improved in the past few months. It truly feels like we're on one team now and we feel more love and respect from our counterparts there.

Cons

Reporting for our KPIs is very behind. Leadership knows this and is working on it, but it still feels like the bar is set without giving us the tools & reporting to get there. Hard to feel like you're set up for success this way.

Advice to Management

Invest more resources in the CS Operations Team so we can deliver against deadlines.

Aug 13, 2018 – Vice President, Customer Success

Dear Glassdoor CSM

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback. This literally made my day.

As you know, we've set an aspiration to be a place where people truly love... More

"Never a better time to be in Sales"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comp plan is ridiculously good right now, especially on the new business side of the house. Management is excellent and morale is high.

Cons

How about moving the office to SF?!

"Enterprise Account Manager - No Win!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The greatest part of Glassdoor are the people that I work with.

Cons

For the past 4+ years Glassdoor has been trying to figure out how to organize internally and how to structure the goals. This is still a struggle as no one in leadership has a clue regarding the growth side of the business and how to make goals fair across the teams. I am not sure how many years they are going to try and put a “one size fits all” approach on this until they realize that does not work. There is no parity in size of books, types of accounts, past history on accounts (which will clearly dictate future growth), etc. There is no forgiveness in the plan and frankly the ability to make your OTE is almost impossible unless you are a lucky few. Throughout my tenure here, they keep saying “we messed up” and then do little things to try and correct, but they only correct for those who have already reaped the benefits. Additionally, their is NO support for the ENT growth tier. It has become abundantly clear that unless you are in new business or on the strat team, that your success will always be a struggle here and you are completely on your own.

Advice to Management

Stop doing the same thing over and over with a slightly different look to it. As a company that wants to put the “client first”, then you need to put your top account managers first. They are your direct contact with your most important clients and if they are not feeling success and positive that will only emulate out to clients indirectly. Plan for the future and stop trying to put band aids on problems. Lastly, listen to what your employees say and make change, don’t just try to seem empathetic and do nothing.

Aug 13, 2018 – VP, Enterprise Sales

Thank you for your feedback and perspective, we can’t get better without it. Over your four years at Glassdoor it’s heartening to see that your peers and our people have been a constant area of... More

"Absolutely no work life balance. Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mission. Respectable CEO. Dog friendly MV office

Cons

Hectic work and crazy deadlines. Expectation from leadership was extra hours of work at nights and weekends. Lack of appreciation for the work. Meager amount of stock options during the performance review cycle. Pay doesn’t match the San Francisco area standards. Overall more work for less pay. Greatest of missions cannot motivate people to stick around.

Advice to Management

The planning and goal setting should be looking at normal working hours for employees and not expect them to sacrifice personal time for work.

Aug 13, 2018 – Director, HR

Thank you very much for this candid feedback. We strive to ensure that employees feel supported in balancing their personal lives and work lives. Leadership is never encouraged to push staff members... More