Glassdoor Reviews | Glassdoor

Glassdoor Reviews

Updated November 6, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • One of my favorite parts about Glassdoor is our employer's emphasis on employee wellness and work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• We have options for work from home and flexible hours (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Common high growth company growing pains - often short staffed, requiring constant prioritization (often times, valuable things lose out) (in 32 reviews)

• Let's be honest, at most Saas companies in the bay area 30-40% of the sales org hits their quotas (in 19 reviews)

"High impact work in a high growth environment"

Current Employee - Director in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, motivated colleagues
    Executive team that is humble and willing to listen
    Opportunity to have lots of individual impact
    Still growing; an exciting time to be here
    Supportive, collaborative culture where opinions are valued

Cons

Typical growing pains
    Management adjusting to the challenges of running and leading a larger company
    Staff turnover good for the long term, but challenging to transition through

Advice to Management

Maintain focus and have patience; as the company grows time to impact will get longer. But we need to ensure that we continue to invest for the long run as well as driving for short term results. Also need to recognize that we are operating at a much greater scale than ever before, and scale requires delegation and trust

"Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start-up enthusiasm in the people, great technology stack, agile, laid-back work culture, appreciates your talent very well.

Cons

Not many cons except office is still small, and there are not enough meeting room on the site. No food catering for SF office, but it works well so you get to try all different restaurants next door in downtown.

Jul 13, 2017 – SVP Engineering, CTO

Thanks for the feedback. Thanks for being part of the team that created the SF office. I hear you on the conference rooms. We'll look at that as we explore growing the people there.

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Content and Community Associate in Green, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Content and Community Associate in Green, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far, working at Glassdoor has been great. I've only been here a few months, but I already know it's the best place I've ever worked. The benefits, the people, the culture and atmosphere are all stellar. The work is challenging in a good way and there's a lot to learn. There are many growing opportunities within the company as well, as the company continues to expand. Even though it's a growing company, importance is placed on keeping a tight knit feel with team huddles involving all offices, good communication, and visits from members of other offices and teams. At a local level, teams are also extremely close and there are many fun bonding opportunities presented both in and outside of the office. Everyone is willing to help each other at work, and there is a laid back atmosphere. Managers and HR are always available to talk or answer questions. Co-workers and management actually care about getting to know you. "Good morning" and "Have a goodnight" are phrases that you will hear everyday. Flexible hours and the option to sometimes work from home help contribute to a good work/life balance. It's a dog friendly office, which puts a smile on everyones' faces. Free drinks and snacks are available in the kitchen, bagel Mondays and donut Wednesdays, and free fitness classes during the day. Work laptop provided, your choice of mac or pc. Excellent health insurance, dental, vision, FSA, 401k, paid holidays, and PTO. You keep track of your own time. There are free courses for professional and personal development available for those who are interested. Overall, Glassdoor is a great place to work. We put in hard work, but we have a good time doing it.

Cons

Training is a lengthy process, but this is necessary because there is a lot to learn. It can also be an adjustment if you are used to working a more physical job, as you spend most of your day on the computer. Multiple areas are provided for you to work though, so you can move around. You can even work outside if you want!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to listen to employees and what they want/need to succeed. Keep the lines of communication open, as this is something that you do very well.

Jul 18, 2017 – Vice President, Content & Community

Thank you so much for the kind review! We are thrilled you have joined us and are really happy to hear that you are enjoying your new career at Glassdoor. Our Content & Community Team is one of the... More

"Not too shabby"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great teachers, leaders and motivated employees; everyone here has a great outlook and appetite for success. Exciting time to be in Chicago as we are moving to a new office and seeing the company grow has been awesome!

Free food 3x a week with a lot of opportunity for happy hours and a great work life balance.

Cons

The office atmosphere is relaxed, but there are clear favorites in the crowd that seem to be promoted into positions that they aren't necessarily a fit for, just based on campaigning successfully. The pay isn't all that great, they continue to change our comp plans to be "awesome" but truth be told unless you're hitting 100% every single month, you won't get the full pay out and there is still unclear and untold terms which makes people skeptical.

Advice to Management

Raise the salary, leave the commission alone and stop trying to say things are better when they aren't progressing.

"Growing, Exciting Things To Come"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In sales, there are always challenges and GD is not immune. But they seem to be open to feedback and willing to listen. The org isn't too huge so you don't feel like you're just a number.

Cons

Not as many perks as some of the bigger companies in the Chicago area but that's going to change with the new building opening in the fall, I think.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and adapt. Pay attention to your competition and don't let people walk over petty reasons.

Sep 14, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales

Thank you! Appreciate the feedback.

"Lean into the growing pains..."

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Glassdoor changed my life for the better, both professionally and personally. Nothing compares to the culture. I've never met so many smart, hard working and mission driven people in my life. It's truly a unique place.

Cons

We're at a pivotal point as a company, which is very exciting, but also means we're dealing with more change than usual. Communication regarding plans and team expectations could be better especially for remote workers.

Advice to Management

While I agree with and understand most of the changes being made, I see the impact change has on morale and it's not easy.

My first piece of advice is do everything you can to make sure your people feel valued so they want to keep investing in Glassdoor's future.

My second piece of advice is to figure out a way to support distributed teams. The bigger you get, the more people will work in different locations and/or remotely making it critical that you figure out a way to support your employees who don't sit in Mill Valley.

Jul 24, 2017 – CHRO

I’m glad to hear Glassdoor is the right place for you-- rest assured I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to unite our remote workers and cross-continental offices. As we grow, it’s... More

"Great people - iffy on strategy"

Current Employee - Marketing Operations Specialist in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Operations Specialist in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor cares about it's employees - they're not perfect yet, but they do have a great benefits package and they constantly ask for feedback on how they're doing. A great quality for any business, but especially Glassdoor, which preaches these practices to other companies.

Cons

Have to hit numbers. We have a good product, but there's plenty of opportunity to add value and make it a great product.

Advice to Management

Quality always wins. Whether this is investing in a more expensive, higher quality lunch caterer for your employees or investing in a top of the line product that surprises and delights.

Aug 9, 2017 – CMO & SVP of Marketing

I appreciate this feedback, and agree very much that this company truly cares about its employees. We’re investing heavily in strategy this year and already seeing those focused efforts pay off. If... More

"Gotta stay focused"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working here has been great. The people the, the office, the challenges and opportunity to work on projects that may not have been offered at other companies in a similar role. I have enjoyed the opportunity to grow and mature with the company. The people I have worked with and have stayed around a few years truly believe in our mission and purpose in the job industry. I think we are all hopeful for the day that Glassdoor takes that next step.

Cons

After seeing the ups and downs the past few years it feels like we are coming out of a rut now. However the attitude and impatience of some of the employees can be a downer on us all and that affects overall moral of the company. Salary and 401k plans are something we have all dealt with over the past few years and made a choice to join regardless.

From talking with others it does feel like teams are understaffed and there is a lot of worked to do for us all.

Jul 24, 2017 – CHRO

I appreciate your review a lot. It’s exciting and motivating to be at a company with such a noble mission, and it can be disheartening to hear from employees who feel impatient or frustrated. Part of... More

"Sr. Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor (More than a year)

Pros

There are a ton of pros! I've been at Glassdoor for just around 2 months and it's been one of the best experiences I've had as a recruiter!
    The company is exciting and where we are going as a company is what gets me up in the morning! Very excited to be here!

Cons

None, I have been here about 2 months and haven't bumped into anything as far as Cons

Jul 24, 2017 – CHRO

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you’re experience is going well.

"2 years in and still loving it"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly the best place I've worked at in my career to date. Incredible culture. Leaders drive hard but lead with compassion. People care about the mission and the success of the company and want to do what is right. And my team are some of the smartest people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Nothing really. We're still an early stage company and figuring stuff out. We're doing well but have a long road ahead of us to achieve our ultimate ambition of being the world's largest jobs site.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication of what's going on in the company.

Jul 24, 2017 – CHRO

The word that stood out to me the most in this review was “compassion,” I agree with you and am so proud of how people collaborate here. Thank you for sharing this review and being part of our team.