Glassdoor Sales Development Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • One of my favorite parts about Glassdoor is our employer's emphasis on employee wellness and work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• Flexible hours and the option to sometimes work from home help contribute to a good work/life balance (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Common high growth company growing pains - often short staffed, requiring constant prioritization (often times, valuable things lose out) (in 32 reviews)

• Let's be honest, at most Saas companies in the bay area 30-40% of the sales org hits their quotas (in 19 reviews)

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor is a company that truly cares about you as an individual. I have, on countless occasions, had the opportunity to meet with our CEO and just chat. Get to know him as a person, which is rare! We also have so many great perks, benefits are amazing, promotion opportunities are through the roof, and of course, a GREAT opportunity to make some $$$.

Pros:
     - Lunch on MW & Thurs
     - Catered breakfast for events
     - Snacks on snacks
     - La Croix, Coke, Diet coke, water, coffee
     - KIND OF unlimited PTO - not really though
     - Flexible work hours
     - Work/Life Balance

Cons

This being a "young org" will go through its changes, but this isn't really a con. If you can't roll with the punches, this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep killin' it.

Jul 24, 2017 – Sr Manager, Sales Development

Thanks for taking the time to share a review! Glad to hear things are going well for you and keep those lines of communication with our CEO and the rest of the team open!

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Great group of people that all get along- have a work hard play hard mentality. Managers always willing to help out in any way.

Cons

hard to get promoted quickly due to the amount of people wanting the same promotion.

"Not as good a company as advertised"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor is trying to be innovative. There are good people who work there. I think that it could be a good place to work. The benefits and perks were pretty good.

Cons

Management generally does not live up to good values and treat people fairly. They have an image that they have created of helping to bring transparency to the workplace but that value is absolutely absent at Glassdoor. I'm most upset by the fact that they pretend to be better than other workplaces and the reality doesn't live up to it. So basically I hate hypocrisy and that is very present there.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and be honest with your employees and your customers.

Apr 28, 2017 – Sr Manager, Sales Development

I’m sorry to see that Glassdoor was not a fit for you. As a new leader on this team, I appreciate your honest feedback and take it seriously. I think we have an opportunity to over-communicate our... More

"WOW...Does it get any better?"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To be completely honest, it is hard for me to even begin with the pros because I absolutely love this company! We can start off with the culture...unbelievably positive! When I started I was new to the industry, the role, and, truthfully, had no idea what I was doing! Whether it is my manager, desk neighbor, or anyone in the entire org, EVERYONE is SO open to helping you! This company really goes above and beyond to make sure their employees work hard, and get rewarded for their efforts. The commission structure is great, salary is good, and the benefits are absolutely amazing.

One of the components I love is the ability to work from home. While I do not take advantage of this because I love coming into the office to work, I was sick for three days of a week and my manager encouraged me to stay home. I decided to work from home and even then she was checking in to make sure I was getting enough rest and not over doing it. Going off of this, the work/life balance is great!

If you are looking for great company culture, a CEO who actively engages with the entire organization, and a company you can grow with, Glassdoor is for you!

Cons

Distribution of accounts and duplicate accounts have been a small hiccup, but the changes made recently have really fixed this!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it is working!

Sep 13, 2016 – Chief Revenue Officer

I am really glad to hear your feedback and the fact that you made a great decision in joining Glassdoor! Keep up the great work and continue to provide feedback so we can continue to drive the... More

"The work culture that everyone's looking for!"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wake up excited to come to Glassdoor every single day. Having a game room, dogs everywhere, and kayaks for rent are awesome perks, but the people create a one-of-a-kind work environment. Friendly, motivated, and unique employees make this culture special even as the org grows. I'm thankful that I moved across the country after undergrad to work at Glassdoor.

Cons

-Am I saving lives or changing the world everyday? No. Are most post-grad entry-level roles? No. Am I challenged to aim high, work hard, and equipped to succeed with the opportunity to grow? Absolutely.

-It is tough to transition to other departments. Only apply to be a Sales Development Representative if you think you want to work in sales.

Advice to Management

Encouraging remote work from Chicago, Dublin, and London offices would do tremendous things for morale, enthusiasm, and culture (especially when the shiny new Chicago office is ready!).

"Great team and getting better"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, the SDR role has been a wonderful experience. I came into this job with a wide variety of experiences from college, and a bit of sales knowledge, but am leaving with a much better understanding of the talent space and sales.

Favorite part: The team and individuals themselves. Every single person that is on the SDR team fits in with the culture, both in work ethic and personality. I have a relationship with each one of my teammates that allows for new insights, perspectives, and multiple ways to think about our prospects/tactics to make our numbers. I always feel supported, and that I can ask any of my teammates for help. Work life balance has become a lot better, and the unlimited PTO is a main reason why I would love to stay with this company for a while.

The work itself: It definitely can be a grind. I think its pretty hard for any sales development role not to be. But managers are getting better at creating games, and rewarding high call/email volume.

Development: A bit of a struggle towards the end. We do trainings every Tuesday, and when I started a year ago, I thought they were pretty spot on. I think the growth of the team has prevented this area of personal development as a lot of these trainings have been a bit basic and repetitive. Since a lot of individuals in the SDR role are newly out of college, I think it would have been helpful to use these trainings to discuss different roles in and out of the sales department, professional development skills (articles/sales blogs), or even hear from other managers and leaders within the company. Learning about Sandler practices, sales tactics and news about whats happening in other industries that could help us prospect smarter.

Cons

What to take away: With a lot of new hires came a definite change in team camaraderie and culture. Doubling in team size meant new managers, trainings changing, and more individual tasks. It can be easy to show up, do work and check out, which I know isn’t Glassdoor’s culture, but making sure to do team bonding activities as an SDR group regularly may be helpful to keep morale high in a repetitive role. Promotion timelines were not originally set when I joined and individuals have been promoted between 9 and 14 months, which is a pretty wide gap. Good news is that procedures like quota, qualification, and promotion guidelines (if anything happens when you are hitting above your number consistently) are becoming more solidified/clearer expectations.

Advice to Management

Be more accessible. Even with lots of meetings, I believe investing in your employees not only professionally, but personally as well is incredible important. Working for a company who values transparency, continue to be honest and open about promotions, quotas and changes within the company.

"Going places"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Product is amazing. Young culture with encouragement to innovate and succeed. Helping people and companies understand the value of reviews.

Cons

Salary is much lower than national average. Not much interaction with other departments. Location not ideal with flooding sometimes and isolation from other companies.

Advice to Management

The company's growing fast, so take advantage of the smaller community as it is now. Better compensation to be competitive. More consistent onboarding.

Jan 21, 2016 – Associate Director, Sales Development

Thank you for leaving your review of experience on the Glassdoor SDR team. I'm very happy to read that you feel the encouragement to innovate and succeed and that you're excited about the product. In... More

"This Company is AMAZING!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA

Pros

Glassdoor practices what they preach. Super transparent and open about the things employees really care about. They welcome you in with open arms and make you feel like you are really apart of the company day 1. Trainers, managers, and veteran employees are always there to lend a helping hand.

Cons

There are no cons for Glassdoor

Aug 12, 2015 – Senior Manager, Sales Development

Thank you for review and for your excitement about Glassdoor and the SDR team. I'm glad that you feel supported by the org and by your peers. Our goal is to create a collaborative environment that... More

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor is by far, the best place I've had the honor of working. They set the bar the high but give you all the tools to succeed. For an entry-level sales position, the training is top-notch, your coworkers are unbelievably supportive, and you get to have some of the best managers around. There's no grey area about your duties and responsibilities. In this role, you really get out what you put in, which is awesome.

The executives really drive home the underlying theme of "transparency" here. The CEO, Robert Hohman, eats lunch with everyone and is one of the most amiable people I've met. If he doesn't recognize you, he will approach you, introduce himself, and ask you his name. That's hard to beat.

Bottom line, you get to start and end each day feeling proud of the work you do here.

Cons

There is a serious learning curve here so this job isn't for the lighthearted. They expect you to work HARD and kick butt at your job. Work load definitely fluctuates, but its sales.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Robert, thanks for making the young, aspiring professionals at this company stoked to be a part of such an awesome company/family.

Apr 26, 2015 – Manager, Sales Development

Thank you for your great review. We strive to provide an environment that lets you do your best work. Part of that is every day making it a point that you are learning and improving. The learning... More

"Amazing Culture"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best work culture imaginable. Everyone I work with could be my best friend

Cons

Kind of a grind at times

Advice to Management

Keep up the encouragement