Glendive Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "EMVH"

Current Employee - Social Worker in Glendive, MT
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small town, good people to work with and for. Knowledgeable Administrators working to make health care better.

Cons

Not much room for growth.

2. "LPN"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Glendive, MT
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Glendive, MT

I worked at Glendive Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Residents are nice, and getting breakfast before going home.

Cons

Residents they get ones that need a lock down unit in ex-tended care. can't manage. High turn over with staff in general. Most of the long good employees have left for better paying jobs. HR doesn't have your back when in a hostile work environment. Even when it is documented, witnessed, an reported before I handed my 2 wks notice in after working for 6 yrs. I reported my reason for quitting Hostile Work Environment and they didn't do nothing. Left a good person go walking out the door.

Advice to Management

My advise to managers is listen to your staff who know the place, patients, and families. Investigate HR why in 2014 July I reported hostile work environment. They sat their eating a sandwich in front of me. Have manners don't be rude. Take this seriously. Let LPN'S into your RN union due to the pay is so much different.

3. "New here. 2015-Husband of new hire this year"

Current Employee - Spouse of An Employee in Glendive, MT
    Current Employee - Spouse of An Employee in Glendive, MT

Pros

Somebody at GMC must have been reading these comments and taken them seriously. I know these comments are a couple years old, but i have noticed that alot of the "cons" reported are much different now. Actually, the NEW CEO is a pretty nice guy. I spoke to him in the cafeteria just the other day. It seems like everyone like him. I have gotten to know the HR department and they were instrumental in our transfer from the midwest. HR included my whole family in the interview process (part of it, of course) allowing us to make an informed decision.They know ME by name and i'm not even staff there. Sometimes, things do change.

Cons

The insurance is pretty expensive for family coverage. At first, I thought it was paid for by GMC. It said that on the Explanation of Benefits paper If I remember correctly. "Paid by employer". I even mentioned what a great plan that was. As it turns out, the employer pays the insurance company ("Paid by employer"), from your wage... That's the same way every other company does it anyway.
       Housing( if not provided ) can be pretty expensive here in Glendive; because of the oil boom nearby. That was a surprise to us. Online housing listings are pretty out dated.

Advice to Management

If you treat new doctors/employees the way you treated us this year, people will be just as happy as my family. Your flexibility and understanding was much appreciated. Keep it up

4. "Clinical Dietitian I"

Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian in Glendive, MT
    Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great entry level job with a vast variety of setting, including hospice, outpatient, inpatient and acute care, extended care facilities, WIC consulting, and 3 other nursing homes consulting.

Cons

Small, boring down with nothing to do, expensive cost of living due to the oil boom, food is expensive.

Advice to Management

Use this position to get a wide variety of experiences in the field of clinical dietetics and you will learn a great deal about the nutrition field here!

5. "extremely poor customer service from OB receptionist -taking our $ elsewhere"

Pros

our last baby was born there and we had a great experience, and loved Dr. Long. we miss him!! You know the administration is bad when they lose a great doc like that to another hospital.

Cons

I don't wrk there, just tried going there for prenatal care. very rude receptionist. very pushy, demanding I do certain tests before she would schedule me to see doc. we just wanted to meet him and see if we wanted to go there for the delivery etc. they also don't allow children? at visits? strange. guess its a new policy.
    but im not willing to give up my beliefs and rights to what test I take and when just to receive care locally. we will drive the extra hour to go Miles city

Advice to Management

fire a receptionist who yells at paying patients, after all the numerous complaints

6. "Corruption is rampant at all levels..."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Glendive, MT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for the area. I enjoy serving the community.

Cons

I've never worked at such a cut throat place. Employees aren't promoted based on merit, but loyalty. If you pass the "tests" then you're rewarded. If you stand up for what you believe is right, you are silenced. Benefits have been drastically cut and instead of admitting that they're making cost saving decisions, they try to make it sound as if they were making some kind of sacrifice to begin with, or staff was taking advantage. I had an issue where I was dealing with verbal abuse so I went to HR to file a complaint. Instead of sympathizong, they made excuses for the individual.

Advice to Management

Move on. It's time to clean house and get people with the right knowledge and skill involved.

7. "A real asset"

Current Employee - ACH-AR Liaison in Glendive, MT
    Current Employee - ACH-AR Liaison in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Supportive team members and management. A defined career path. Competitive pay. I look forward to coming to work everyday. This job continues to challenge me and allow me to grow both personally and professionally.

Cons

People not paying their bills who have satellite TV, iPads, Cellphones, and new cars but then claim they can't afford their bill. Some community members do not appreciate all the great services we offer and all the jobs that GMC provides. I recommend they move to somewhere like Crow Agency, maybe then they will realize how good they have it.

Advice to Management

Keep write-offs to those who really need them, hire PIs to look into people who claim they can not pay.Do not succumb the to pressure of a few people on the internet or in the local paper.

"Bleak future looms"

Current Employee - Administrative in Glendive, MT
    Current Employee - Administrative in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff care tremendously about the patients.

Cons

HR doesn't look out for employees. If you have questions or issues your on your own. HR retaliates when you complain. Jobs aren't opened like policy dictates. Some are given preferential treatment.

Advice to Management

You need a skilled and knowledgeable HR team with the right background and education that care about staff,and setting an example. People at least expect them to follow the rules everyone else has to, right?

"This place is horrible to work for......"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice community with friendly good hearted people.

Cons

This company is scarey to work for. Now they are talking about lay offs.So many doctors have left because they can not get along with the CEO. They sent demand bills out and if people could not pay their bill at once they were sent to collections. Now people go elsewhere for fear of being turned into collections. The CEO is very controlling and the VP's and board do what he wants out of fear. The facility has no patients so now the staff get layed off. Why not lay off the CEO and VP's. The place would run better without them. The facilities has had some good managers but over time they leave to just like the doctors. It is all about the money in this place. The company is in finacial trouble.

Advice to Management

CEO, Board and VP's need to leave.

"The Employees Need Representation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendive, MT

I have been working at Glendive Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. Nice facilities and updated equipment helps you do your job well. The employees are great to work with.

Cons

HR staff is inexperienced to say the least and NOT an advocate for the employees. We need strong leadership and someone who is willing to stand up for the staffs rights and not just do what leadership wants.

Advice to Management

We need a strong and experienced HR department that knows their role. This would greatly improve employee satisfaction and reduce some of our turnover.