Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA Reviews

Updated 18 Sep 2019

2.2
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA CEO Robert Matsuk (no image)
Robert Matsuk

"Manufacturing Technician"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Monroe, NC

I have been working at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company has some of the best people with Ginuwine concerns about its employees, work/life balance compared to all the other pharmaceutical companies I've worked with over the last 8 years. I appreciate all of the blessings and everyone in this small family Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (Monroe, NC). The comrades or Cadre of men and women is by the best I've ever known in over 20 years in the manufacturing industry... today.

Cons

We haven't gone into the new building as of yet; so we are still working at South Piedmont Community College since June 8th 2015. The generational gap is still quite large since I'm one of the older seasoned veterans on the job.

Advice to Management

Please remember to keep your best people even when they fight for your employees at work. We just now lost one great site director today and that loss has truly affected the entire body here at Monroe, NC today. Please keep us protected but also let the people you hired do the job that you hired them for. Continue to support us and we will continue to support you too.

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2015-08-20
  2. "Generic Pharma is difficult"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work there were great

Cons

too much politics and management was subpar

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2019-09-18

"Terrible company to work for"

Current Employee - QC Analyst in Monroe, NC

I have been working at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros at this company.

Cons

This site has not been able to make one item that could be sold on the market and they have been open for close to 5 years. The turnover is extremely high.

Advice to Management

Hire people that are qualified for the positions you fill.

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2019-04-10

"CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY"

Former Employee - Front Office in Monroe, NC

I worked at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free healthcare! Nothing else foreal...

Cons

Terrible place to work! NO JOB SECURITY!!!!

Advice to Management

Fire them all and start over!

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2019-01-28
  5. "Much better now"

Current Employee - Operations in Monroe, NC

I have been working at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting, fast place to work. Lots of opportunities to learn and contribute.

Cons

Hectic environment due to rapid expansion and growth

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2018-12-02

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Production in Monroe, NC

I worked at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health benefits but it’s not worth it

Cons

Incompetent management no career path

Advice to Management

Stop promoting based on heels and makeup. She has zero experience

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2018-11-19

"Favoritism"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

Pros

Fun coworkers, free benefits, diverse atmosphere.

Cons

If you're not a part of the "in crowd," don't expect to get ahead based on your experience, determination or certifications. Even though there are HR rules to promotion, i.e. 2 years in current postion, if you rub elbows with the right people you can get ahead and can do no wrong. If you have an issue with an employee, don't look to your manager to resolve it because they're probably buddies. If you wear heels and... makeup you're as good as gold. If you wear many hats without complaints, boost morale and believe your hard work will pay off, quit dreaming!

Advice to Management

Stop with the blatant favoritism and taking advantage of knowledgeable employees so your beauty queens look good.

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2018-06-29
  8. "Quality Assurance"

I have been working at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA full-time

Pros

Strong leadership and terrific benefits! It is challenging and rewarding, where you feel like you can make a difference every day.

Cons

We need to take more opportunities to come together as one group, maybe monthly or quarterly gatherings.

Advice to Management

Stress accountability and follow-through. The future is bright and is up to all of us to make it a reality.

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2018-05-01

"“It’s a start-up.”"

Current Employee - Feels Like I’ve Been Here for 10 Years in Monroe, NC

I have been working at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free medical, dental, vision insurance. Almost not worth mentioning 401k matching.

Cons

If I had a dime for every time I’ve heard”it’s a start-up” to justify poor solutions to major problems, I would have the pay increase I deserve. Yes, this facility is ‘new’ by conventional standards, but that does not justify poor project management and and haphazard planning. Also it’s great that this company provides free health insurance because after a while, you’ll be taking multiple anxiety/depression meds... just to be able to come to work in the morning. If you’re up for the challenge of working in a toxic, unorganized, stressful as hell work environment than apply today because the turnaround time for most departments is a year and we need people!

Advice to Management

R-E-S-P-E-C-T your workers. L-I-S-T-E-N to everyone’s input/ideas. Take a P-R-O-A-C-T-I-V-E not R-E-A-C-T-V-E approach to planning. P-A-Y your employees the salary they D-E-S-E-R-V-E for their experience and skill set. Promote a P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E work culture.

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2018-04-06

"Get it Together"

I have been working at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA full-time

Pros

Decent benefits The in-house convenience store is cool

Cons

This company has no idea how to operate in the US. Hard working employees are constantly met with threats of reduced funding because timelines aren’t being met. The timelines given require a ton of up front investment which Glenmark refuses to accept. Outdated equipment is the standard at this site and corporate will not buy the proper equipment if it costs $1 more than a similar, non-compatible item.... Management often ignores valid concerns brought up by employees because they cost money to fix. Contractors and vendors don’t get paid, which hurts business greatly. Corporate often asks what’s taking so long to get ready for production when they’re the ones tying the hands of a perfectly capable team. Communication between departments is a joke and only a few select individuals have a say in what goes on, leading to more downtime and wasted money. Site timelines are created at the drop of a hat and do not actually take into account the amount of time each task takes. Overall the site is trying to take on too much at one time with the wrong equipment and insufficient amount of people and management can’t seem to learn from mistakes. Unprofessional behavior is often rewarded, as long as you’re in the right clique (yes this place is like a high school) No room for advancement for most, but positions are created out of thin air for some people to be promoted. A good chunk of employees are openly actively seeking employment elsewhere

Advice to Management

Stop wasting potential. If India is trying to play hard ball, dish it back out so the site can actually get what it needs to run. This is 2018, stop living in a time before computers so everyone can stop wasting time writing worthless information and put more effort into performing the jobs they accepted. Stop lying to each other and India. Stop taking advantage of your hardest working employees. Slow it down and... actually great quality as a value. Stop trying to justify why doing things correctly is like pulling teeth.

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals USA2018-03-15