Glenmount Global Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Glenmount Global Solutions CEO Ralph Carter
Ralph Carter
1 Rating

1. "VP"

I have been working at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has been through some significant changes and weathered the storm of 2008/2009 and it's after effects and come out stronger on the other side. It is now a strong, stable provider for it's customers and it's employees.

Cons

Cannot always flex-up to take on all of the larger projects that we would like to.

"Stumbling along"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great engineering talent; some interesting and worthwhile projects. A fair amount of flexibility on work hours and locations. Benefits OK, but expensive.

Cons

Engineers are over-worked and asked to travel extensively. Per diem is weak. Projects are accepted with poor definition, and regularly understaffed. No adherence to methodologies, no standard practices, poor archive and document control. Resource utilization is the only metric that is recognized, but there is not a good system in place to monitor that and fill-in under-utilized resources. No value given to loyalty, self-sacrifice, or long-term commitment...everything is short term, spreadsheet, 'how can I get the next dollar' mentality

Advice to Management

Your people are your ONLY asset - you should act accordingly. Not proactive - generally, management by crisis.

3. "Great variety"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Every project is different, with new technologies to learn and new problems to overcome. The team spirit lives here, as we are always helping each other solve problems.

Cons

There are times when a great deal of travel is involved. People with different talents are spread across the country, it takes some creative methods of working together when the team is not in the same location.

Advice to Management

Constantly be asking everyone the question, "How can I make your job easier?". Then listen closely. I appreciate my supervisor for doing this.

5. "Senior Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Portage, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Portage, IN

Pros

Wide variety of equipment and applications to work on. Travel if you are interested.

Cons

Must report 40 hours per week minimum. No horse trading from 1 week to the next.

6. "Most challenging and rewarding position of my career."

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting projects. Benefits are better than most companies this size. With 8 offices in the US, inter-office transfers are easy and usually approved. Project management is solid and supportive. Good project bonus opportunities.

Cons

Cost of living pay increases for the last couple of years have been small. Training opportunities have been somewhat limited for several years but understand this is improving in 2015.

Advice to Management

We have endured a 'rough patch' period, integrating three independent integrators into one, during a recession. Now that this is in our past, let's focus on our most important resources, the employees. GGS is a great company, we need to get the word out. Consider spending more on marketing (website, trade shows, etc)

"Small Organization that is stable and focused on delivery to customer satisfaction"

Current Employee - Director Project Development Engineering in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Director Project Development Engineering in Irving, TX

I have been working at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My job is like others, demanding, challenging and never the same thing from day to day. I manage the technical proposals and estimating efforts of our proposals to customers. Supporting the BDM team is a great place to see all the different projects we perform. The team is here to help each other and I lead off my day with how can I help my team. My leadership team is a good team. They have focus and share this focus with everyone. My work is pretty independent but my boss knows what I am doing from the results of supporting the BDM team. He knows that I have it under control from the feedback of the BDM team. In my three years, I have enjoyed my job tremendously. It is the team, the diversity of the projects we propose and execute, managing the dollars of the proposal and reporting the margins and performance characteristics of the project estimation.

I would highly recommend Glenmount Global Solutions as an employer. Being in a smaller organization, you are not a number or asset. You will increase your skill set due to the wide variety of work we perform. At times, you must do what it takes to get the job done. This is what sets us apart from the average. Good Skills, Accountability, Reliability and Integrity makes this team stand tall in our business space.

Cons

I can't think of any con's that relate to my level of effort or responsibilities. Since we are a regionally clustered and national supporting company, communication can have a delay at times. Yet, we make it happen!

Advice to Management

Keep staying on focus.. Support the team.. Never forget to ask what can you do to help others. During a recent meeting we discussed Spot Awards to GGS Members that are working in the field at a clients location that through their relationship with the customer bring forth a new project opportunity. We need to provide this recognition to our associates helping GGS grow.

8. "GGS provided a good opportunity"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glenmount was a good opportunity for me - I worked hard and succeeded while there. I had flexibility, and was paid fairly. I was able to travel somewhat to pursue project opportunities. I generally had the administrative support I needed.

Cons

There were sometimes issues having enough technical resources to complete the work sold. I can't speak too much to the current environment as I believe much has changed since I was there.

"Three Great Companies Combined Makes For A Complete Disaster."

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time

Pros

The individual companies that were merged together to form GGS were excellent companies. Telecommuting flexibility.

Cons

The individual companies should have not given in to the temptation of expanding beyond its means. Carousel of new management has continued to display incompetence and muddled vision and ultimately forced many talented associates to leave.

Advice to Management

Get your vision aligned. Stop thinking behind closed and begin listening to the people that wants to help restore the company to health.

"Very bad place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time

Pros

The only pros existed before Glenmount Global Solutions purchased Crown ESA. Crown was an awesome company to work for. Glenmount was a total 180 from the old Crown. Employees didn't count anymore. Crown was a big family. Glenmount made it disfunctional.

Cons

Two cons: AN engineering manager with an MBA that only worries about his image to the corporation AND a COO with bllinders on who should have got rid of the character many months ago. Many old Crown customers have very little good to say about Glenmount.

Advice to Management

Take off the blinders and pay attention to people who try their best to do a good job. Pay attention to customers. New and old.

"No job security for newer employees, many axed year after hire"

Pros

Excellent benefits: 2 weeks vacation (plus floating holidays), bonus pay, being able to work from home.

Cons

No job security, all victims of layoffs were hired the year before

Advice to Management

Lay yourselves off instead of subjecting others to something you're not willing to do yourselves!