Globacap Reviews

Updated Nov 30, 2020

3.6
  1. "Lots of promises before joining, ended up a mess"

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion

I worked at Globacap full-time

Pros

Good holiday. But there’ll still be comments made when you take it

Cons

No benefits. No culture. You’ll be thrown under a bus.

Globacap Response

December 2, 2020HR-Executive

We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. Globacap is a fast growing start-up and though it is common practice for start-ups to ask their employees to wear multiple hats within their group, it is not our long term strategy. We are recently hiring on both, senior and manager level, to balance deliverables and support business growth. Work life balance is a priority at Globacap and it is regrettable that you feel there were negative comments when scheduling holidays. HR will review internally and we encourage you to raise these concerns real time so that there is an opportunity for discussion and positive resolution. We wish you all the best with your next venture.

2. COVID-19

"Exciting business and a good place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - General Counsel

I worked at Globacap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting company at the intersection of finance, SaaS, blockchain and fintech. Fascinating products in the pipeline. Really good team, who all get on, and a fun place to work. Great trajectory if they can execute on their plans. High degree of autonomy and ability to get involved in various aspects of the business, regardless of your level. High velocity - a lot going on, and decisions get made quickly, and no bureaucracy (and you can see the results of your work quickly) Really nice office in a great location in Holborn. Quick and easy switch into WFH and remote work post Covid (already had a solid flexible working policy)

Cons

Like any early stage company things aren't perfect, but all to be expected: tight budget control (a positive thing for the company which has allowed them to survive when many competitors have failed!), resource constraints (so can mean hard work in crunch times) Company communications could be improved especially post Covid but it's something that the exec team were really working on. No benefits (basic pension, no healthcare, etc.) - not unusual for such an early stage company and hopefully this will improve as the business grows and matures.

3. "Fantastic company to work for"

I have been working at Globacap full-time for less than a year

Pros

No office politics. Everyones on the same team. It's highly collaborative and supportive all round. Just a great team of people who I really enjoy working with. It's definitely a place to have your voice heard - the CEO actively encourages all of us to speak up and get involved across the board. I've not worked somewhere like that before. We use OKR's instead of an appraisal system which I really like. Management always give their time too and is very supportive. It's an exciting place to work - innovative, forward thinking, always willing to change/improve things.

Cons

None at this point to be honest!

Continue reading
  4. "Fantastic, dynamic and innovative place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Globacap full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management are very engaged, supportive and have created a collaborative culture The company is growing rapidly and there's a real opportunity to create innovative solutions for everyday problems that many businesses face If you're proactive and want to get things done, this is definitely the company for you Adaptability is important, particularly in the current climate and this company fully embraces a flexible remote working (there's no need for a policy, its in the DNA)

Cons

Can't think of any at this stage

5. COVID-19

"An exciting workplace! Somewhere you can make an impact and enjoy!"

I have been working at Globacap full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Globacap is simply great. Every day really is a great learning experience. The Executive Team are incredibly hands-on and so accessible - tapping in to their experience/knowledge has helped greaten my skillset already! The stage Globacap is at currently means that your work feels and is even more impactful - there is a real chance to make changes. This is something that is further encouraged by all members of staff (from Tech/Sales/Marketing/Ops etc); everyone has open ears when it comes to new ideas. Aside from work, the team are tight-knit and family-like. There is a genuine sense of care around the office from all to all. The Exec team reacted quicker than governing officials with regard to WFH/Covid. There was no delay - we, the staff, came first which I appreciated. Hopeful that after COVID, we can return to our Friday socials, bake-off days and our office lunches! All in all, never a dull day at Globacap.

Cons

Honestly, nothing at the moment.

Continue reading
  6. "High performance, fast moving environment where contribution matters"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Globacap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company nominated for a number of innovation awards, opportunity for all staff to contribute regardless of their role or seniority, exec team not afraid to be direct and hash it out, good group of smart people and everyone pulls their weight, share option scheme to share in company's growth potential

Cons

If people don't pull their weight, there is no place for them in the team, but I suppose this is an early stage business that can't afford to have passengers

7. COVID-19

"Directionless and dysfunctional exec team & no culture to speak of"

1.0

I worked at Globacap full-time

Pros

None that I can think of, except for nice office in a good location (not that this matters now)

Cons

The two founders clash all the time, and reconciling their feedback is impossible - one is so all over the show he's like a sitcom character and impossible to take seriously. The CMO makes everyone's life hell - she doesn't know what she wants half the time and can't admit to gaps in her knowledge/mistakes. Is highly strung and creates a toxic atmosphere. Three employees (including myself) were fired during our probation periods JUST as corona kicked in. One weeks' notice, no payout. Coincidence? Absolutely not - just a cold-hearted decision to save money in the short term.

Globacap Response

April 6, 2020HR-Executive

Thank you for your feedback on Globacap's culture. Two months ago we took the initiative to include our company values during executive meetings as well as during the interview process. We are committed to these company values: Results-Driven; Efficiency; Lateral Thinking; Learning; Integrity; and We are a team. These are indeed unusual and challenging times, hope your next venture is a better cultural fit for you and the company.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.