Global Aerospace Reviews | Glassdoor

Global Aerospace Chief Executive Officer Nick Brown
Nick Brown

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Global Aerospace full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Work from home opportunities, compassionate when emergencies arise. The 401k benefits are second to none and all other benefits and really great. The people who work here are friendly and caring.

Cons

Not enough communication between departments. Sometimes we launch a new product and after the initial launch the internal communication could improve.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and continue to embrace change. Don't settle for status quo.

2. "Machinist"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Opp, AL
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Opp, AL

I worked at Global Aerospace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice pay great opportunity to learn a great craft

Cons

Work come and goes depending on contracts

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people want the company to be an success rather than just focus on those with certification who doesnt even value there positions enough to understand and provide that expertise

"Good place to work for"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Global Aerospace full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, a lot of PTO, flex hours

Cons

Low salary unless you're in management.

Advice to Management

More salary/profit sharing for anyone not an officer.

"stay for the paycheck. Lack of respect throughout the company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

nice commute, ok cafeteria, access to on-site gym.

Cons

no respect. no room for advancement. negative atmosphere in every department through the company. It is a strange place, cant go to Human Resources-sad to see that "they" are incompetent. Human Resources had 100% turn over in two years. What does that tell you about a company? Upper Management does not care.

Advice to Management

Could have a decent company, decent people working hard but upper management does not value employees. Try to be professional - take some courses, educate yourself on respect, today's workplace ethics, proper professional protocol.

"If you like rude managers & poor salaries - this is the place to go!"

Current Employee - Unhappy in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Unhappy in Short Hills, NJ

Pros

good location, benefits good for company of this size, interesting industry, nonmanagers are nice, they have some events for employees (picnic, raffles).

Cons

Unless you are an Underwriter or Attorney, you won't be paid well or get promoted. Other companies with admins, accountants, etc., pay their staff a lot more. I've been here many years & have seen many good people leave because there's no growth.

While there are a lot of Asst VP - there are too many. My friends & I joke that we'll be AVPs next - it's a useless title. Maybe it's a quota thing, who knows.

Also, managers are rude & make off-color remarks in public.

Politics are awful for such a small place. It's the Claims department & "rest" of the company - they don't cooperate with other departments or employees & see themselves as better, and this is accepted. We employees get caught in the politics.

Communication - nonexistant.
    The CEO came & made this huge presentation during the Holidays which no one understood. Later, others explained this meant no bonuses, and mgmt knew about this in the summer & didn't bother telling us.

I'm still here because I have a lot of friends here, the cost of my medical benefits is good, and it's very close to my home.

Advice to Management

Take some ettiqute or manager courses. Learn to be friendly to eveyone. Start paying us what other companies pay their employees. Stop making everyone an Assistant Vice President - it's a joke now. Be honest with us, and don't wait to share any news, good or bad.

7. "Underwriting"

I have been working at Global Aerospace full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Length of Employee tenure unheard of in the industry, very little turnover, nice PTO, leading provider with long term clients.

Cons

Difficult to advance, promotion pay minimal, lots of talk, little to no action. Upper management focus is not on employees.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee potential. Act on it. Increase pay for those who are deserving. Bonus minimal. Look for ways to increase pay for hard working employee.

8. "Good company overall"

Pros

Solid, competitive aircraft insurance company.

Cons

Small office environment in Kansas City

9. "Good employer and work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Global Aerospace (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice community of people with regular social events, good work life balance, and generous training budgets.

Cons

Not the most dynamic of places to work, so not suited to highly ambitious professionals or someone looking for a fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

Probably just keep things how they are. Maybe encourage more development of the technology that is used across the company.

"Not a bad place to work"

Pros

Location, flexible hours, paid benefits

Cons

On your own to develop skills

"Global Aerospace is led by a younger generation of outsiders who don't get the overall picture."

Pros

Benefits and time off are good.

Cons

If you're an aging person who's been with the company for a decade or more, you get no respect. If you're a no-talent new guy that has no experience to speak of, you're their new branch manager.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Don't bring in Brits to take American jobs. Upper management needs to stop working on UWs accounts behind their backs. There are too many restrictions regarding the operation of the aircraft. If I wanted to fly for the airlines, I would have done so.