Global Atlantic Financial Group Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.4
Global Atlantic Financial Group Chairman and CEO Allan Levine
Allan Levine
Pros
  • "Global Atlantic wants you to grow and provides the tools necessary to do so(in 5 reviews)

• "Growing company, formalized intern program(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No work-life balance and all projects demands tight deadlines(in 5 reviews)

• "no work life(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Excellent organization with a clear path to success

Nov 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Global Atlantic for over 3 years and I can safely say that I have grown tremendously personally and professionally because of this organization. The ability to have an impact and create positive change is what ultimately drew me to the organization, and I have definitely experienced this over the last 3+ years. There are incredibly smart and talented people at Global Atlantic and the great thing is, no matter what your role and level is, you get to work with so many people. I should also add that there is great diversity in our company that allows you to hear from different perspectives and backgrounds. And all voices are heard and respected. Diversity is very important to us as we continue to grow, and you can feel the support on this initiative from leadership. I also enjoy working for an organization that cares about its employees. During the time of the pandemic, Global Atlantic did a great job connecting us as we worked remotely as well as provided extra support to those adjusting to working from home. There was great transparency and additional communication from leadership that really helped make the transition a bit easier. I am very confident about the path forward with Global Atlantic especially with the KKR acquisition that will just allow for further growth and opportunity. I have loved my time at Global Atlantic so far and I cannot wait to see what's to come!

Cons

In trying to think about some cons for Global Atlantic, only a couple of things come to mind and for me they are really not a con, but I want to point them out because these may be a con to some potential candidates. Global Atlantic is a young, growing company. Therefore, it is not like your typical "sleepy' insurance company if you will, but it is fast paced and quick. Things really move around here and so in order to be successful; you have to get things done quickly and efficiently. A positive to that is that there is not a lot of red tape to get things done. Another thing I want to mention is the workload and hours. Because we are a smaller company, we run leaner and have high expectations of our employees. Therefore, there may be times that you are working longer to get things done. However, with all of this comes greater exposure, responsibilities and ownership of your work. You have the opportunity to make a real impact, but that comes sometimes with working longer to achieve that. And lastly, I want to mention resources and structure. Because we are newer and younger, there isn't always a play book to get something done. Often times we are asked to think of solutions or implement a process to get something done that may be more standard at other companies. For me, I like being able to build things and establish processes, but it might not be what everyone enjoys so I wanted to mention it here. Again, all of these things are actually "pros" for me, but they may be seen as cons to some people.

1 person found this review helpful

Global Atlantic Financial Group Response

Global Atlantic Human Resources

Great feedback- we are excited that you are part of our team and we share your excitement about our future.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Place to Work if You Want to Grow!

May 4, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Global Atlantic provides many opportunities for dedicated employees to grow with the company! Fast paced, rewarding, and flexible.

Cons

A little decentralized. Would like to see more communication regarding internal changes between all departments.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to grow your career and work experience

Apr 29, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at GA contributes fully to the success of the company. The culture reflects highly talented and hard working resources who collaborate and respect one another. There is high energy and dedication for all to work towards common goals. Leaders are empowered to make a difference and staff are recognized. GA cares about their people. New benefits keep coming along with gifts, perks and flexibility in work schedule. The Operations Executive Leadership team is top talent with years of expertise and wisdom. The vision for the company is compelling. The company cares about the community and giving to others. This is a company where you are proud to represent and motivated to be a part of.

Cons

The pace can be daunting at times however this pace is what keeps everyone highly engaged, motivated and driven to success

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Strong Leadership - Great Company!

Apr 12, 2021 - Vice President in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Global Atlantic Financial Group, through its subsidiaries, offers a broad range of retirement, life and reinsurance products designed to help our customers address financial challenges with confidence. A variety of options help Americans customize a strategy to fulfill their protection, accumulation, income, wealth transfer and end-of-life needs. In addition, Global Atlantic offers custom solutions and responsive service for the capital, risk and legacy-business management of life and annuity insurance companies around the world. Global Atlantic offers employees the unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment that rewards performance. The Company’s unique entrepreneurial culture encourages all employees to assume significant levels of responsibility. Global Atlantic invests in its people because it believes they are critical to the long term success of its business.

Cons

Changing management sure to impact cultlre

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Upward mobility is why I came and what was offered

Apr 29, 2021 - Vice President Technology in Des Moines, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Global Atlantic strives to provides opportunities for anyone willing to challenge themselves and live outside of their comfort zone. I appreciate the flexibility to solve problems and introduce outside of the box thinking. The organization brings together a tremendous amount of diverse backgrounds for all walks of life.

Cons

Given the company is still relatively young, there are some areas of maturation that remain.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture of opportunity for career growth AND a very inclusive culture

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

you will learn a lot in a short time. Will be able to make an impact quicker. Ideas are welcomed for process improvement

Cons

office locations geographically separated, sometime hard to engage with all employees

7. 3.0

Fine place to work

May 11, 2021 - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care about employees -- always looking to be an employer of choice with benefits and diversity.

Cons

Lots of internal presentations -- takes forever to get anything done since heads of groups are not empowered to make certain decisions and almost everything ultimately goes to CEO.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company most of the time

Mar 22, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance. Friendly coworkers across locations. Benefits are good. Surveys of employee thoughts. Competitive pay and bonuses. Company perks of extra days off, company gifts/gear.

Cons

Mgmt cannot get out of their own way sometimes. Slow to make changes or appropriate implementation of changes. Lack of communication to departments. Tracks employee donations and volunteer activities even though they say they don’t. Working a lot of extra hours during close and cannot take off work. Little to no backup if you must take a day off during close. Your department and timing of close affects other departments

9. 5.0

Great Company

Apr 13, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and benefits, awesome people to work with.

Cons

Some times long hours, but I’m my opinion it can be worth it if you like your team and your role.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great organization with smart people

Apr 14, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working environment, smart colleagues to collaborate with and learn from.

Cons

Organizational changes where impact could be better communicated.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Reviews