Global Atlantic Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Global Atlantic Financial Group Chairman and CEO Allan Levine
Allan Levine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Everyone there is incredibly intelligent and willing to help you out/help you learn" (in 5 reviews)

• "GA is a very fast paced environment thats not like other insurance companies" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance - too thinly staffed" (in 2 reviews)

• "Nothing that distinguishes itself from the plethora of other insurance companies in Des Moines" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Entrepreneurial and Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have loved my time at GA so far. I have worked on some really great projects and have interfaced with very smart and talented people. The work is extremely interesting and meaningful. You can feel the commitment and dedication everyone has not only to their own roles, but to GA as a whole. GA has a very fast paced entrepreneurial environment that doesn't feel like typical insurance companies. You truly get to see the impact your role has every day and there isn't as much "red tape" that you find at other companies. Things move fast. The work environment is collaborative and inclusive. I feel that management is very transparent and supportive. They truly listen and care. It is a relatively flat organization so you get the opportunity to interface with leadership all the time. New ideas are greatly encouraged and you feel like your thoughts are valued. Every day is different which keeps work interesting. The Hartford office is really nice as well. We are on the 24th floor of the gold building and it is an extremely nice space. The layout is open, bright, and clean with plenty of places to eat near by. It's an awesome upgrade from the office in Simsbury.

Cons

The only con I think of is really a pro in my opinion... but it may be a con to some. GA is growing really quickly and there may be times that you are asked to do something outside of you "job description." This leads to greater exposure, but it can feel like extra work if you are already at capacity. Also, a lot of things that are standard at large, established companies may not be there at GA yet. This presents the opportunity to build something from the ground up, but may be frustrating to individuals coming from a very structured environment. Again, these components are a plus for me, but may be a con for others.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest and grow your employees! GA is a fantastic place to work.

2. "Great work culture and growth!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Hartford, CT

Pros

GAFG is a fast paced, growing company. Great culture and awesome people who work here. It is also a company that gives employees opportunities to have more flexible schedules. I have gotten the opportunity to learn and grow outside of my comfort zone and gain so much experience. Since the company is "newer" and in growth mode its amazing to be able to feel like you're making an impact on the growth of the business.

Cons

Since we are a growing company, we definitely are busy. If you're looking for a n organization that has a script for everything, a structured role, 9-5 where everyday will be the same it might not be the right place for you at the moment. But if you're open to being a "jack of all trades", cross training and that entrepreneurial culture than its a wicked exciting time to join.

Advice to Management

The moral is so great and business momentum is amazing. Culture really is important so continue to invest and help your employees grow.

3. "Working At Global Atlantic"

Current Employee - Vice President, Chief of Staff in Berwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Chief of Staff in Berwyn, PA

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Entrepreneurial atmosphere
    - You feel like you can make a difference
    - Passion, energy, hard work, results are rewarded
    - Growth company

Cons

- Global Atlantic is a growth company, and along with growth sometimes comes growing pains.

Advice to Management

- Continue to be open to new ideas
    - Listen to employees
    - Help employees find creative ways to have work/ life balance

4. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Pros

This company is fast paced, exciting - never a dull moment. I have been exposed to opportunities outside my comfort zone and learn from my peers and leaders daily.

Cons

If you like a 9-5 job, 40 hour a week job, you will feel overwhelmed by the amount of work. I personally feel it is exciting to be a part of building something great, but it is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding your employees for a job well done.

5. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time

Pros

Good benefit, people are nice and willing to help you.

Cons

Nothing i could think of.

"Internal Wholesaler"

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time

Pros

Great pay for the work we do.

Cons

Not much opportunity for growth.

7. "Assistant Vice president"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work arrangements and career opportunities

Cons

Work-life balance - too thinly staffed

8. "Fast Growing Company"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quickly growing firm. Organic and acquisition based growth. Open to new ideas.

Cons

On the operations side needs people with more experience in established insurance practices

May 7, 2018 – Global Atlantic Human Resources

We are so glad to see your positive review. We are always looking to add talent to our team, if you have a referral for the Operations team, please let us know! Any questions, just reach out the... More

"Toxic environment, still a Goldman Sachs Boys Club"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

I worked at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For better or for worse, GA is a meritocracy. If you raise your hand and volunteer for additional projects & opportunities, you will generally be given the chance to succeed...unless an attractive white man asked for the opportunity first

Cons

There is no work/life balance. The ability to take on additional responsibilities that would advance your career is solely dependent on your willingness to work 10+ hrs a day. 10 is expected and factored into headcount capacity models.

The employees and managers in the offices outside the Northeast, which also happen to be predominantly female, are neither listened to nor trusted, and are often treated as children playing around by the "big boys" of Boston and NY.

Advice to Management

Whether it's unconscious bias or not, your managers are penalizing employees that take advantage of flex benefits that are offered. GA will continue to lose strong employees that consider a work/life balance to be critical and non-negotiable. Support your women's network better.

Apr 2, 2018 – Global Atlantic Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review Global Atlantic. We are sorry that your experience was not at the level for which we strive. We are glad that you agree that we provide opportunities for our... More

10. "Internal"

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler
    Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Career growth prospects outside of wholesaling path are limited.

Apr 2, 2018 – Global Atlantic Human Resources

Thank you for sending in your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at feedback@gafg.com if you would like to share areas that you would like to grow into after the Internal... More