Global Atlantic Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2020

4.4
Global Atlantic Financial Group Chairman and CEO Allan Levine
Allan Levine
Pros
  • "GA has a very fast paced entrepreneurial environment that doesn't feel like typical insurance companies(in 5 reviews)

• "Growing company, formalized intern program(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"GREAT PLACE TO WORK"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team, driven, ambitious, professional, talented

Cons

too many snacks in the pantry

Global Atlantic Financial Group2019-10-10
  2. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time

Pros

GA really cares about their employees and they offer a flexible work environment with comprehensive benefits.

Cons

None I can think of.

Global Atlantic Financial Group2020-06-02
  3. "Interesting learning time"

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group

Pros

A lot of helpful peers

Cons

The could've done better with micro management. Some peers got left behind

Global Atlantic Financial Group2019-09-23

October 7, 2019Global Atlantic Human Resources

We would be interested in learning more about your experience and how we could have helped with your entire team's progress. Please reach out to us at feedback@gafg.com and let us know your ideas. Thank you for your feedback.

4. "Great company to accelerate beginner skills but not long term"

I worked at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ownership of work Exposure to senior management decision Smart managers in the team

Cons

Managers take decision without involving Data and technology is less prior Can tend to be in situation where you are doing great work but next year projects are snatched away. Have no idea why

Global Atlantic Financial Group2019-09-21

October 7, 2019Global Atlantic Human Resources

Thank you for spending the time to provide feedback. We are interested in learning more so that we can ensure we are doing what we can to provide a positive experience. Please reach out to us at feedback@gafg.com to share more.

5. "A Company With Ethics"

Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits including very generous PTO. Top tier management tries to interact with all employees regularly. Company growth creates an exciting and invigorating environment. Charitable contributions (unless political or religious) are matched to a generous level and branches coordinate office-wide charitable events. there is also a Wellness program that can save you on health insurance premiums and/or win prizes. There is a great deal of upward mobility.

Cons

While a healthy work/life balance is oft mentioned, everyone works far more than 40 hours. Management seems blind to that. The company is also meetings-heavy, reducing productivity.

Global Atlantic Financial Group2019-08-30

September 10, 2019Global Atlantic Human Resources

Ethics are integral to our business. Our leadership cares deeply about our entire team and we are so glad you feel it. We know everyone is working hard - we thank you for that!

6. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work arrangements. Autonomy. Growth potential. Love the culture and the people.

Cons

Extreme work-load, no work life balance

Global Atlantic Financial Group2019-07-07
  7. "Great and growing company"

Current Employee - Operations in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time

Pros

I feel so fortunate to be working here. The culture is exciting, entrepreneurial, and open. The employees actually matter here and they make this quite obvious.

Cons

I know things happen fast but there needs to be quicker and clearer communication not so much from executive but out on the floor from management to staff.

Global Atlantic Financial Group2019-03-01

September 10, 2019Global Atlantic Human Resources

Thank you for your excellent feedback. We love to hear it and continue to work on how we can ensure our communication is what our employees are looking for.

"Great work culture and growth!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

GAFG is a fast paced, growing company. Great culture and awesome people who work here. It is also a company that gives employees opportunities to have more flexible schedules. I have gotten the opportunity to learn and grow outside of my comfort zone and gain so much experience. Since the company is "newer" and in growth mode its amazing to be able to feel like you're making an impact on the growth of the business.

Cons

Since we are a growing company, we definitely are busy. If you're looking for a n organization that has a script for everything, a structured role, 9-5 where everyday will be the same it might not be the right place for you at the moment. But if you're open to being a "jack of all trades", cross training and that entrepreneurial culture than its a wicked exciting time to join.

Global Atlantic Financial Group2018-12-06

September 10, 2019Global Atlantic Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our great company. We agree- at Global Atlantic, we have abundant opportunity to think outside the box, cross train and learn! Culture is so important to us- we recently added a Chief Culture Officer to our team and we are looking for feedback to make things even better. feedback@gafg.com

"Working At Global Atlantic"

Current Employee - Vice President, Chief of Staff in Berwyn, PA

I have been working at Global Atlantic Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Entrepreneurial atmosphere - You feel like you can make a difference - Passion, energy, hard work, results are rewarded - Growth company

Cons

- Global Atlantic is a growth company, and along with growth sometimes comes growing pains.

Global Atlantic Financial Group2018-11-28
  10. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Pros

This company is fast paced, exciting - never a dull moment. I have been exposed to opportunities outside my comfort zone and learn from my peers and leaders daily.

Cons

If you like a 9-5 job, 40 hour a week job, you will feel overwhelmed by the amount of work. I personally feel it is exciting to be a part of building something great, but it is not for everyone.

Global Atlantic Financial Group2018-11-28