Global Bankers Insurance Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Global Bankers Insurance Group Reviews

Found 23 reviews

4.8
Lou Hensley
  1. "The Best Place to Work in the Triangle"

Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Global Bankers Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is what makes this place so great. I've never worked at an organization that is so non-bureaucratic and flat so that the executive management asks for your input and you feel like you are directly involved with decisions at the company.

Cons

The company is still growing, so it is difficult to staff it so quickly

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

Global Bankers Insurance Group2019-05-02
  2. "A new and young company"

Former Employee - Analyst in Durham, NC

I worked at Global Bankers Insurance Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Flexible hours; many new opportunities

Cons

Benefit isn’t too comparable to other players in the space

Global Bankers Insurance Group2019-01-18

Global Bankers Insurance Group Response

January 23, 2019HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review. Global Bankers' medical benefits are up to 90% employer paid. We offer a 401k match and annual employer contributions to employee's HSAs (up to $1,000). We offer dental, vision, health and dependent FSA, life insurance, a generous PTO benefit and tuition ...

"Great place for growth"

I have been working at Global Bankers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Team members and staff are all a big family

Cons

In Durham - Facilities are a little out dated

Global Bankers Insurance Group2018-09-05

Global Bankers Insurance Group Response

January 23, 2019HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We have a state-of-the-art office environment with stand-up desks, sound-proof phone booths, and collaboration areas. Our Durham office was recently renovated, and we now have a gym, cafeteria, and training room. Our facility is open, vibrant, and progressive ...

"Exciting Growth Opportunities"

I have been working at Global Bankers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

This is a rapidly growing company with zero bureaucracy. I've never worked at another company that offers this level of resources, freedom, and opportunity.

Cons

Like any rapidly growing company, at times systems and processes have needed to keep up.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in highly talented people. The team is really coming together.

Global Bankers Insurance Group2018-02-24

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - M&A Associate in Durham, NC

Pros

GBIG has a unique culture -- definitely feels more like a tech company than an insurance company. It's a dynamic, fast-paced environment that rewards creativity and intellectual curiosity. We operate in a fairly relaxed environment with a flat organizational structure. The C-suite has an open-door policy and you're encouraged to drop in whenever you have questions or just want to learn more about GBIG's strategy.

Cons

The ability to function independently and take the initiative to get things done without being asked is essential. If you function best with a lot of direction from your superiors, you might feel a little lost here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. We're well on our way to building an industry-leading insurance business and the current strategy / vision is integral to getting us to the next level.

Global Bankers Insurance Group2018-02-20

"Exciting, Fast- Paced opportunity"

Current Employee - Portfolio Analyst in Durham, NC

Pros

I've been working here for almost six months, and have had a great experience so far. The hiring process was straightforward and efficient (from the first conversation to job offer took a little under 2 weeks). The culture here fits people who have a "go getter" attitude and entrepreneurial mindset. All of the employees are committed to growing the business and the immense growth of Global Bankers in its short life...

Cons

The usual growing pains of a new company. Trying to implement new processes and systems can be frustrating at times. But also presents an opportunity to be a part of process and strategy building that will be used in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and hiring talented employees

Global Bankers Insurance Group2018-02-21
  7. "Challenging, Yet Very Rewarding"

I have been working at Global Bankers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Great work environment and a lot of opportunity to learn from a very talented and experienced team

Cons

The office conga line on Fridays has been delayed for a while. I think we need to bring it back.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Global Bankers Insurance Group2018-02-12

"Exciting, growing company for an actuary"

I have been working at Global Bankers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Fast paced, collaborative environment that prioritizes people first. Exciting opportunity to work on new and growing projects. Ability to have great influence. Great energy, great people!

Cons

Newer company/processes so a lot of learning/figuring out as you go!

Advice to Management

Keep growing and hiring quality people!

Global Bankers Insurance Group2018-01-08

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Lawyer in Durham, NC

I have been working at Global Bankers Insurance Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Global Bankers is a great place to work — particularly as a lawyer. The dynamic, fast paced environment is exciting and provides ample opportunity to grow/develop. As a lawyer, you are exposed to a wide range of sophisticated legal work and you are treated as a business partner. A strong entrepreneurial spirit permeates the culture and helps create a high energy office environment. The people take their jobs seriously,...

Cons

The fast paced environment is not for everyone and can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Management should focus on maintaining the transparent and entrepreneurial culture as the company continues to grow.

Global Bankers Insurance Group2018-01-06

"Great place for an actuary"

Current Employee - Actuary in Durham, NC

Pros

As an actuary, Global Bankers Insurance Group is a great place to see and get involved in all aspects of a fast growing international insurance company. A fun and dynamic environment with challenges for all levels of experience.

Cons

The M&A activity creates the need to reassess priorities on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep the focus on maintaining the culture.

Global Bankers Insurance Group2018-01-02