Global Connections Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Lyons

1. "Great Lifetime Opportunity"

Pros

I've been here 10+ years. The people and environment have made this a great place to work. There are a lot of family member that work among the different departments. There is also a committee in charge of organizing company events, many of which are charity fund raisers. The company has grown considerably since I started here and continues to expand. The Global product is a premier travel club with 200,000 members.

Cons

It feels like we are running out of space again. We moved to a bigger building 6 or 7 years ago and already are starting to outgrow it again. Well growing pains are just something most companies hope they have. It means things are going well.

2. "Area Booking Agent"

Former Employee - Area Booking Agent in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Area Booking Agent in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Global Connections full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with, great office environment. Good incentives.

Cons

Sales is horrible and makes the members feel as if they are being lied to. They dont explain the packages properly, so half of your time is being spent getting yelled at by angry customers and the other half is being spent explaining to them how the packages actually work.

Advice to Management

Be a manager. Just because you have the title doesn't make you a manager since everyone else has to do your job for you.

"Fun Culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Global Connections (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are plenty of positive things I can say about the company but one of the most fun reasons is that a Committee of Awesomeness exists. This committee is made up of employees who volunteer their time to plan and conduct fun but also philanthropic activities to raise money for local charities. From a Flapjack Friday to a Hot Dog Games event.

The people that work in this office are some of the most kind hearted that I've ever had the pleasure to work with.

Cons

Some departments need more space to spread out, especially with most employees on the phones. Voices carry. Communication within departments could be improved. Would love to have healthier options in the breakroom.

Advice to Management

Communication will always be the way.

5. "Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Creative Director in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Global Connections full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Global Connections is just a fun place to work. Being in the Creative Department, we get to work on a lot of different projects, and you just never know what might be coming down the pipeline. I'm given a lot of creative freedom in my work. There's a very strong team of professionals who work well together to get things done.

Cons

Communication between departments can be improved. Healthy food in the lunch area would be a plus.

6. "Great Environment!"

I have been working at Global Connections full-time

Pros

Great employee events
    Relaxed dress code
    Open & encouraging environment

Cons

Long commute for me
    Coffee is Folgers

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Good but bad"

Pros

Don't remember any pros from the job

Cons

There are a lot more cons than pros

"In my time working at Global Connections it was both challenging yet a fun environment to come to every day."

I worked at Global Connections full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a creative person and coming from a previous job that placed unreasonable demands Global Connections made me feel part of a family and gave me a very balanced work/life balance.

Cons

The salaries are a bit low but there are perks that can possibly make up for that. Health insurance is also not top notch.

"Commission based position, very poorly managed."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Global Connections part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The more you sell, the more money you make.

Cons

Disorganized, poor management, shady company.

"Great Place for the Self-starter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Global Connections full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has an interesting culture built out of being family owned. There is a family feel that permeates the corporate office which is nice - the people here are very nice to work with, and it's a much more laid-back vibe than is typical in a corporate environment (I feel like someone transplanted me to LA!). As a creative person, and coming from a job that placed unreasonable demands and loads of stress on employees daily, never allowing me to "leave work at work", this place is a welcome change. Work-life balance is valued. I am a pretty independent person and much prefer to be given a task and allowed to run with it with no micro managing, something I am grateful to have here at Global. 401K is very good.

Cons

Salaries are a little low, but there are perks that make up for that IF those are things you value (like flexibility, work/life balance and an inclusive, warm atmosphere). Health insurance plan is not so good. There is a distinct lack of structure here, which can be both a pro and a con. For the experienced self-starter, it can be a definite plus. However, for those who rely on, or are more comfortable with, rules and stricter management of people and projects, this environment could be frustrating. There is little to no upward mobility or pay increases in some (not all) departments, which unfortunately causes good functional talent to leave after a few years.

Advice to Management

As this company grows, consider looking within for those who have experience and talent in project or personnel management and find ways to promote them. This company will need to develop some structure to successfully manage growth. Never lose your commitment to innovation!

"Not a bad place to work for, but compensation and advancement is something desired."

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Global Connections full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They contribute to an FHA account for you, and make 401k. Employees are all really great to work with. Very laid back dress code, and you get discounts on condos for vacation. They will also help provide resources and education to further your career.

Cons

Most of the executives are all family, so a chance to advance doesn't present itself often, Raises have not been issued in a longtime, and when they are it is not significant. Health insurance isn't that great, and extremely expensive for families.

Advice to Management

Compensating quality employees is a must to keep good talent.