Global Consulting International Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Sandeep Sharma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excellent Contracting Company"

Current Employee - Program Manager 5210 Healthy Military Children in O Fallon, IL

I have been working at Global Consulting International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent employee support and quick response to questions/problem solving.

Cons

No cons other than they have to re-bid for the the current contract.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer support to employees, make them feel part of an important GCI team.

"Proceed with caution"

I worked at Global Consulting International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really great people that work here.

Cons

If you ever make a mistake or don't agree with the way they do things, they treat you like an incompetent child. Always looking for somewhere to place blame and major lack of respect. There are managers that are way overpaid to do nothing all day and the people working the hardest are underpaid and overlooked.

Advice to Management

Don't send job offers and change the terms after hiring. Quit wasting money on building improvements while not giving employees raises.

"If you're going to work here, don't."

I worked at Global Consulting International (More than 5 years)

Pros

The actual position is very rewarding. I loved working with Soldiers and Veterans to assist them in their personal medical readiness and getting them the benefits they deserve for serving our country.

Cons

As an employee, I witnessed multiple accounts of targeting, discrimination against civilian and veteran employees, slander, and the creation of a hostile work environment. The company was investigated by the Department of Labor due to multiple complaints on more than one occasion. The employees lived in fear for their jobs on a daily basis. If you asked a question or did something "wrong", they threatened to fire you, instantly, without following proper policies and procedures. Superiors also degrated employees to their peers, calling them names and creating hostility in the office. It was crushing how quickly they destroyed the contract. Morale was awful and civilian and military relations plummeted as a result with a 60% turn over in 6 months and 100% in just over a year.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Train them properly and encourage positive communication between employees and management. The employees that were lost during my time there were invaluable. The number one mission for this position is caring for our service men and women.

"Gave one star because it's not possible to give zero"

I worked at Global Consulting International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the military personnel (non GCI) were great. Learned a great deal about the military.

Cons

They don't value their most important asset: their people. It was an 18 person contract when I worked there; I believe there are 2? 3? people left. They inherited a great staff that they successfully drove out. Not mention all of the replacements that also became turnover. Upon taking over the contract GCI supervisors came into town to meet with us and suck morale dry. Our first meeting consisted of them literally telling us that they heard we are volatile, difficult, and all around terrible employees (our medical readiness numbers reflected differently). In addition, they "forewarned" new hires of the "hostility they would likely face" from the current employees.

GCI creates their own volatile environment by encouraging employees to throw each other under the bus. You cannot expect positive results if you don't treat your employees like decent human beings.

"Leadership" was disorganized and constantly contradicting themselves to fit their needs.

No opportunity for advancement.

Poor communication between off-site GCI "leadership" and on-site military supervision.

Advice to Management

Perhaps try a more positive approach and value the people that are working for you. You cannot expect positive results from 100% negative reinforcement.

5. "Watch out"

I worked at Global Consulting International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The main office is in Utah so you don't see your boss very often.

Cons

Employees are asked to evaluate the performance of their peers.

Since I began working there in 2015 every single employee has quit or been fired. Most of them had been working there for over 3 years.

Rules constantly change and you are never quite sure if your position within the company is secure.

New employees are being told that they have a permanent position despite the fact that the contract can be canceled at any moment and must be renewed annually.

Advice to Management

Establish basic ethics and remove harmful managers.

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Global Consulting International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. This company does not support their employees at all.

Cons

There are too many to list

Advice to Management

Get new management

"Poor Management.... Would not recommend working for this company"

Former Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Global Consulting International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the military, the job itself(minus dealing with GCI) hours of job

Cons

This was a government contract that GCI managed to run into the ground. They had almost 100% turnover during the time that I worked for them. Poor management, no accountability for the employees that they hired. They didn't care what people did as long as there was a warm body filling the seat for them to get paid. Case managers are overworked doing the job of 2-3 CM and not being paid for it. Some employees currently there have no idea what they doing and it makes it difficult for the ones who do because we would have to pick up the slack for them. No room for advancement or pay raise.

Advice to Management

Hire people who are qualified, know what they are doing, and ACTUALLY WORK! Treat your employees with respect and don't talk to them like children. Take the time to learn what your employees do.... not what you think they should be doing. GCI you lost a lot of hardworking, dedicated people from this contract due to your mismanagement and the way you talked and treated everyone. GCI should NOT be in the contract business until they have management that knows how to speak and treat people respectfully.

"Stay Away!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Global Consulting International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Location pretty building the owner likes to spend money on the building not the people.

Cons

Management, the company is poorly run and the staff is constantly turning over. 5 H/R managers 3 Controllers, Several senior managers, and lots of staff. The owner is hard to work for and is incompetent.

Advice to Management

Close up shop you have no idea how to be a good Government sub-contractor. You have no good project management practices, and your rates are out of control. The owner is more concerned about how his building looks or his personal taxes than running his company or its people.

9. "Program Manager"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Peyton, CO
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Peyton, CO

I worked at Global Consulting International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company yo work for, people and environment are great.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"This has been a positive employment experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Global Consulting International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Global Consulting International for 3 years and found it to be very positive. Pros include a supportive environment, opportunities for professional growth, plenty of professional training, and a fair package of salary, benefits, PTO, etc.

Cons

Only a couple free lunches each month! Just kidding, I think it is great that GCI consistently finds reasons to have a lunch time fun time mean and fun.