Global Employment Solutions Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Chicago, IL

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Howard Brill

Pros
  • Great work environment, training, fun, I learn so much (in 9 reviews)

• It's a great work environment and offers very good work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great Working Experience"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great work environment, friendly and hardworking employees, always willing to help out and show your the ropes.

Cons

Office location is a tad far from the train station.

2. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Global Employment Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You don't have to work much because they never have any job orders to work on. This company is more than likely going to be bought out in the next few years and it's obvious by how terrible they treat their employees. If you want to get into the staffing industry there are so many better places to go. Where you can get actual training and be mentored. Rather than harassed by "directors" who spend more time screaming on the phone remodeling their homes than they do building actual relationships... DO NOT WORK HERE

Cons

The Directors, sexist work environment, terrible commission pay out plans, lowest salaries for staffing

Advice to Management

Educate yourselves

3. "Very disappointed"

Current Contractor - Temp in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Temp in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Employment Solutions as a contractor

Pros

I am a temp employee working with their clients. They have kept me busy with assignments.

Cons

However, I have had nothing but the run around with them. Constant issues with payroll. The recruiter I am working with has made mixups with a couple of the assignments she gave me. I actually showed up for an assignment for the third day and wasn't supposed to be there because they didn't like me. I never received a phone call or email from GES. I was humiliated.

Advice to Management

Stay on top of your recruiters.

"Will do anything for the sale - no integrity or diversity."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Employment Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment is pretty laid back on the surface. Good snacks.

Cons

No diversity (staff consists of 90% young blondes) in office. Very much run like a sorority. Greedy, dishonest and unprofessional directors have no ethics; high turnover, very low pay. If you respect your professional reputation in the business world - AVOID GES-Chicago!

Advice to Management

Integrity goes along way.

Mar 7, 2016 – Marketing Director

We appreciate all constructive comments. Our drive to make this one of the best places to work in our industry has enabled us to become one of the largest and fastest growing companies in our ... More

"Run Around!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Chicago, IL
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Employment Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiter that enlisted me is no longer with the company but she was very nice and helpful. She kept her lines of communication open.

Cons

There was an issue with a commission check I was suppose and did not. The person I contacted in payroll told me I would receive it a week later. Christmas eve to be exact. My heart was broken. I had a Christmas layaway that had to be out by the 21st or they would just put it back on the shelf. Never again will I work with these people again. NEVER. EVER

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate and update your recruits!

6. "Benefits Advisor"

Current Contractor - Benefits Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Benefits Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Employment Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick placements and friendly recruiters

Cons

Information about job placements such as compensation, not always accurate.

Advice to Management

Provide accurate info to potential employees.

"Maybe this is not for me"

Current Employee - Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Employment Solutions full-time

Pros

There are some great recruiters and managers that work at the Chicago office. Some of them seems to be genuinely interested in your well being and success. It seems to have a gleam of potential every now and then. Just not enough of them to make a difference in the office.

Cons

I might be new to recruiting, but I know an unhealthy sales environment when I see it and hear it. There is no respect for the management or from the management. Useless meetings and trainings. Rules are consistently made and then changed and then ignored. I have been told that is just the way a competitive sales office runs. When I was hired, I was told what a great culture we have, a great team to work with, and so much money to be made. This is few and far between from what I have seen so far.

Advice to Management

Clean house in Chicago. Starting at the top down.

Jul 13, 2015 – Marketing Director

"Shady and greedy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Global Employment Solutions full-time

Pros

...Some nice people? The location is very convenient at lunchtime?

Cons

I've never seen turnover like this place. Or so many long-term employees who seem so unhappy.

Focus is on money and money only. Dishonest portrayals of job opportunities to candidates were the order of the day. Concerns raised about discriminatory practices by clients, dishonest and illegal practices, etc., were routinely dismissed out of hand. They will get sued by a disgruntled candidate one day, I am sure of it.

Very low pay. Unfair and dishonest commission structure. Lame benefits package.

Not open to or interested in staff development or problem-solving.

Boiler-room culture, with phone calls being monitored and reported to the entire company twice daily.

Promotions based on popularity and nothing more.

The least diverse place I have ever worked. If you're white and the type that was active in a fraternity/sorority in college, you'll be all set. If not...good luck getting hired in the first place, and if you do, expect to be a $12/hr underling and be treated like you've been done a favor. (And I'm white, FTR.)

Advice to Management

Find a way to balance your love of money with the fact that your work directly impacts actual human beings' lives.

Feb 13, 2015 – Marketing Director

At Global Employment Solutions, any concerns regarding discriminatory practices are investigated and remediated promptly. Our handbook provides employees with different ways to report such concerns ... More

"Senior Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Global Employment Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, young outgoing environment was very appealing to me.

Cons

One of the top managers is verrrry difficult to work with. She often pushs hard to get one of her less then qualified candidates into my clients. (example - she wanted her candidate who hates reception to interview for a receptionist position with my best client) With the strong turnover she cherry picks the best clients from those who leave. Management will never be able to let her go as this practice has her aligned with the majority of the top clients.

"Just an OK place to work, more hype, peanuts pay, no career movement in Chicago."

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Global Employment Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with, if they stick around; Somewhat recognizable name in Chicago metro area. Work/life balance is good but for the wrong reasons- most people run out the door at 5pm, not because of the benefits, or any alternative work schedules which they do not offer.

I left on my own to pursue similar opportunities on the corporate side to work with more professional people, for more stimulating work, more money, less pressure, .

Cons

They pay peanuts, expect to make very little the first few years. You need to get job orders or you won't make money. Upper management will push you to fill their job orders so they get paid the 6 figures, while you go home with annual compensation around 40-50k. Turn over is so high, it seems ridiculous. Most people can't make it there, this is true of the search industry however. There was a running joke in the office (although not funny), people would take the phone list and cross off those who left, after a while the list got so long it was a lot of work to keep track of everyone.

Advice to Management

Provide better training, allow use of internet sourcing tools, bring recruiting methods up to the 21st century, embrace technology, offer better mentoring.