Global Facility Management & Construction Reviews | Glassdoor

Lauryn Blank
  1. Featured Review

"Challenging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at Global Facility Management & Construction full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very team work oriented environment. The work is fast paced but the day goes by quickly and it keeps things interesting. There is never a lack of resources or managers to go to for help. The company really goes out of their way to plan fun activities for employees, from raffles to BBQs and private orange theory classes. I have genuinely enjoyed my time at Global and would definitely recommend working here to... friends.

Cons

9-6 is a long work day

Global Facility Management & Construction2018-11-07
  2. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Melville, NY

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people, fun and challenging work.

Cons

Some do not work as hard as others.

Global Facility Management & Construction2019-07-16
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "I would recommend"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Melville, NY

I have been working at Global Facility Management & Construction full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is provided, casual to business casual dress code, friendly enviornment

Cons

long work day 9-6 with hour lunch break

Global Facility Management & Construction2019-10-01
  5. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Social Media Intern in Melville, NY

I have been working at Global Facility Management & Construction part-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful place to work! I feel very comfortable approaching anyone for help. Everyone is very pleasant but professional to work with. I am able to be fully creative in my job and I love that, in other words I have free range to create my own projects (within reason) and that is very liberating. Managers are great and everyone brings a positive attitude. They really try to engage the employees with each other by... hosting numerous events to socialize and team-building activities.

Cons

None that I know of

Global Facility Management & Construction2019-05-31

"Accrue Experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Global Facility Management & Construction full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Time management, Interpersonal relationships, Project Management

Cons

-Over-managed -Inconsistent structuring -Below average pay

Global Facility Management & Construction2019-05-29
  7. "Amazing opportunity"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Global Facility Management & Construction full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great opportunity for a person who is willing to take it and work hard for it. The growth potential for an individual is real and if you’re an ambitious and eager to learn. Ownership is involved and recognizes and appreciates what you do The people are great, the benefit package is substantial, company holds monthly Orange theory classes, free blink fitness membership

Cons

My only negative I can say is self imposed which was my commute, however when needed or inclement weather I was able to work remotely.

Global Facility Management & Construction2019-01-26
  8. "This company is all smoke and mirrors"

I worked at Global Facility Management & Construction

Pros

Didn’t see any in my time here

Cons

Let me ask everyone who reads this a question. If you were starting in the same position as someone on the same exact day and they told one person and not the other that you would feel some type of way about that? But when I brought up concerns they told me I was wrong. It made me go into this company thinking I couldn’t trust anyone. And is that any way to start a new job? Also, when the CEO of a company responds... to every bad review they get wouldn’t you see a problem with that? When they interview you and in the first few weeks they will promise you the world. But once your comfortable they’ll try and force you out the door if they feel your not “one of them”.

Advice to Management

Realize what’s going on cause seriously if you realized what was going on in my head the whole time I worked there you would have realized everything wasn’t ok.

Global Facility Management & Construction2019-03-01

"Terrible Work environment and management"

I worked at Global Facility Management & Construction full-time

Pros

they have vending and coffee machines.

Cons

The management does not care for employees at all and they belittle you. There is no potential for growth because of how little employees are valued there. Managers expect you to stay planted in your little cubicle all day and monitor you constantly. Phone usage rules are ridiculous. You get in trouble for looking at your phone, for getting up off your seat, and sometimes just to lean back into your chair for 2... minutes to take a breather from the constant flow of "work tasks". When people call out their work gets put on you. WARNING: Employees are disposable. If you got hired from an employment agency or even if you are employed by Global- they just throw you away without reason and without warning. Mainly due to manager gossip and their favoritism. Not a good place to work.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees! Get rid of managers that micromanage and make it a horrible place to work. People spend hours in front of your computer screens doing your business, so respect their personal lives. The cell phone usage rules are ridiculous. people have families and lives outside of Global- Please respect them.

Global Facility Management & Construction2019-01-14

Global Facility Management & Construction Response

January 21, 2019GLOBAL FACILITY MANAGEMENT & CONSTRUCTION INC.

Thank you for this feedback! If you feel your manager is not speaking to you or your colleagues in a respectful manner please come to HR to report it. We expect our managers to treat all employees in a professional manner but it is difficult to monitor individual employee/manager interactions and we rely on the employees to notify us if they feel they are being treated unfairly so we can address it.

"Change"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Pros

Loyal and selfless owners. Owners are employee focused by heart but not by execution through their Management. Fair market pay. Industry Training at the lower levels. Good stepping stone from college. If you are liked, you can be heard.

Cons

9 hour scheduled days plus required OT. Management does not care about the employees. Sr. Management does not get along and employees feel it. Its like High School with cliques. Room for growth is non existent if you are not of the clique. Be careful what you say, people become easy targets. Most employees will outlearn their managers but might not get recognized.

Advice to Management

Listen

Global Facility Management & Construction2018-10-17
  11. "Good place"

I worked at Global Facility Management & Construction full-time

Pros

A good company to start off in and see if an office environment is the right fit for you. Management is fair and there are plenty of people to meet and assist you with learning your role. Can feel like you are just a cog in the machine at times though.

Cons

As said above a big company may not be for everyone.

Global Facility Management & Construction2018-05-31