Global Furniture Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Global Furniture Group CEO Joel Feldberg
Joel Feldberg
  1. "Manager"

I have been working at Global Furniture Group full-time

Pros

Talented coworkers, good compensation, benefits.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Talented group of managers, please keep it up

Global Furniture Group2018-10-01

Global Furniture Group Response

March 5, 2019HR Manager

Global would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback!

2. "Left due to micro-managing"

Former Employee - Product Specification Specialist in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Global Furniture Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

17 PTO days/year and my co-workers...until they quit one by one.

Cons

The rules weren't the same for everyone and on top of that, when we were placed with a new manager who had no management experience, it showed all too well. Too much micro-management and not enough attention to the fact that I was the 15th person to leave since that manager was hired. Not to mention that when I tried to move into a different department, it was used as a weapon and I'm sure I didn't receive a fair or... worthy recommendation because she knew she had me where she wanted me and couldn't afford to lose me in her department.

Advice to Management

When 15 employees quit within 12 months, that's not a coincidence.

Global Furniture Group2019-09-16

"Change in Leadership Badly Needed"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Global Furniture Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some really amazing people that work here, some great tenure, a casual dress code and opportunities to shape the company going forward since a lot of processes/policies/procedures have yet to be developed.

Cons

After reading all the previous reviews, everything they say is true. The two executives at the top spread their toxic work culture down to everyone creating abusive/intimidating/incompetent managers, favoritism, inconsistent treatment, discrimination, compliance issues. The list goes on and on to logistics/business issues with no end in sight. Customer Service and sales employees are on the front line getting... beat up with nothing to tell the customers. "Everybody Counts" is a nice idea but it really only applies to those that are in favor with those at the top. I don't see the core issues here changing until there is a change in the two people that are micromanaging all of the talented people under them.

Advice to Management

Retire. Allow people to do the jobs you hired them to do. The managers that are a problem are all known - they need to be coached or let go, not continued to be enabled because they are your favorite or they have worked there for 100 years. Stop with the old school mentality - offer a flexible work schedule, spruce up the office, invest in technology instead of everything being done manually. Communicate with... the company, no one knows what is going on or where the company is going.

Global Furniture Group2019-08-07

""Everyone Counts""

Current Employee - Territory Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Global Furniture Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salary and bonus structure.

Cons

Unprofessional Management lack of management experience and professionalism. Very few if any women in management positions.

Advice to Management

Much needed management classes and training is needed.

Global Furniture Group2019-07-31

"Loved my local team - But the Motto "everyone counts" just isnt true."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Global Furniture Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay. Room for growth for those they favor. Every DC is different across the nation - my experience was overall a good one.

Cons

I've read the reviews for Global thus far and what the individuals say is pretty much true about logistics and HR as well as the lack of consistent training. I know they are working on training with the sales team but customer service could use some consistency to. Sales team struggles with long lead time, back orders & lack of communication with freight companies and factories (though they are attempting to... address this it is very slow moving process) There seems to be a lot of favoritism across the board -There are no rules if you get on the bad side of someone with power. Doesn't matter how good of an employee you are which is very unfortunate because they seem to be losing good people.

Advice to Management

Train customer service to be consistent. Do not leave major decisions up to few select people. & Allow your employees to have a voice.

Global Furniture Group2019-05-01

"Not a Good Place To Work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Global Furniture Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Management favors those who don't complain. Medical benefits were just ok.

Advice to Management

Look carefully at those managers who have been there a while and ask yourself why turnover is so high.

Global Furniture Group2019-06-05

"NJ Management just bad people"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at Global Furniture Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

co workers very nice and work hard

Cons

NJ management is very rude and abusive to workers, especially woman. They say everyone counts but they treat woman like second class citizens and look the other way to the rampant sexual harassment in NJ and in the field locations. The two men who run the company are just bad people who should retire already . The office in NJ has a tension created by the two top bosses and they can not retain good sales talent... because of the abusive sales management staff . Also do not hire any minorities , they are just into the old boys network and family and close friends who run rough shod over the rest of staff.

Advice to Management

retire or realize its 2019 and not the 1960's - they are abusive and just nasty to workers who work hard and really do care.

Global Furniture Group2019-05-06
  8. "Demanding position"

Current Employee - Showroom Coordinator

I have been working at Global Furniture Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits and great dealer network.

Cons

Single person office. It's difficult to accomplish everything on busy days

Global Furniture Group2019-03-31
  9. "Lacks diversity"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Global Furniture Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mon-fri weekends off. Own desk

Cons

They only care about the sales team. Sales team members treat customer service agents horrible. They are disrespectful and if you go to HR, they will slap them on the wrist and disregard what you told them

Global Furniture Group2019-04-10
  10. "Nothing gets a job done better than teamwork"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Global Furniture Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Support from various levels of management to work cohesively as a team. For anyone wanting to work as a collective this position is fantastic as you support each other.

Cons

If you are a negative person who is 100% out for yourself you will find it difficult to fit in. Global really supports a team atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Your trust in our team efforts is paying off. Thank you for encouraging positive attitudes.

Global Furniture Group2019-02-04

Global Furniture Group Response

March 5, 2019HR Manager

Global would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your positive feedback!

Found 28 reviews