Global Health Fellows Program II Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 7 reviews

4.7
  1. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Global Health Fellows Program II full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to work closely with highly experienced USAID staff on a range of projects, learn about USAID processes, gain exposure to the donor side of global development, and network with a very strong cohort of interns. Great support from USAID staff as you begin you job search. Excellent benefits including PTO and health insurance.

Cons

Limited opportunities to transition into full-time employment at USAID; career support from GHFP is nothing special

Advice to Management

Facilitate more networking

Global Health Fellows Program II2018-07-23
  2. "Excellent paid, full-time experience as an intern"

I worked at Global Health Fellows Program II full-time

Pros

-Dynamic, exciting, welcoming workplace -Solid professional development as part of the internship! -Made strong connections with other interns -Helped me determine my way forward in my career -Excellent work-life balance -Excellent benefits

Cons

-Majorly bureaucratic, rules that get in the way -Working for the Trump administration

Global Health Fellows Program II2018-06-29
  3. "Senior fellow"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Advisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Global Health Fellows Program II full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive staff, efficient systems. I felt they really cared about me and were interested in my professional development. But they did not make me choose between them and USAID. They supported my working with my team at USAID.

Cons

Have to leave after 4 years. In a way this is a relatively short term assignment. And when you switch to the next mechanism if you stay at USAID you have to deal with a much different experience of support.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what u r doing

Global Health Fellows Program II2017-05-25
  4. "Intern"

I worked at Global Health Fellows Program II full-time

Pros

GHFP was excellent. Great support for staff, great team, and paid as well as could be expected for a intern/fellowship program in development.

Cons

Can't think of much. It really was a great experience, and great way to become involved in the world of big donor/federal international aid.

Global Health Fellows Program II2016-11-06

"Good Professional Development, Poor Pay and Transparency"

Current Employee - Technical Advisor I in Washington, DC

I have been working at Global Health Fellows Program II

Pros

This a good way to get a foot in the door at USAID, a generous professional development fund for each Fellow and good support from HR for logistical issues. Good benefits.

Cons

There are barriers in place that inhibit growth and fair wages. When starting, they only offer you a set percentage above your historical wage--an archaic and often unfair and highly gendered practice. When an employee asks for a pay range per position, HR states they will never share that with you. While the benefits are good, take-home pay should be an open and transparent process, but HR refuses to release data, and...

Advice to Management

Agree to publicly publish pay bands. Be open to valued employees negotiating pay.

Global Health Fellows Program II2016-03-03
  6. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Intern in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Global Health Fellows Program II

Pros

My position at USAID matches the job description and my manager gives me challenging tasks. The GHFP staff are very helpful!

Cons

None that I can think of

Global Health Fellows Program II2015-10-01

"Invaluable experience"

Former Employee - GHFP2 Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Global Health Fellows Program II (Less than a year)

Pros

Great connections, opportunities for short-term extension, unlimited support. The group of staff at GHFP both in DC and in Oakland really care about the organization. You feel supported an they are really looking to contribute to your professional development.

Cons

little oversight from manager (USAID), Crowded office environment

Global Health Fellows Program II2014-02-26