Global Innovative Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Global Innovative Acquisitions Reviews

Updated Feb 23, 2016

Found 11 reviews

3.5
  1. "Amazing company with real potential for those willing to WORK for it"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Global Innovative Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love everything about this company. The growth potential is unlimited if you're willing to actually WORK for it - nothing will be handed to you here. The owner of the company is personable and kind, and has been such a great mentor and coach. The hours are reasonable, and nothing is expected from you that the owner himself won't do.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about GIA other than I wish that it was a bit closer to my house - commuting on the tollway gets a bit expensive.

Advice to Management

I personally think you're doing a fantastic job. You've built a strong team and a welcoming atmosphere. The environment at the office is always positive. Keep up the great work!

Global Innovative Acquisitions2015-12-21

"Incredibly Fast Growth"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

I was promoted to a new position soon after I joined the team. GIA is only the second place I worked since graduating college. When I arrived I didn’t have much in the way of marketing experience; however, thanks to the intensive training system I was quickly brought up to speed. Now I am excelling in a new field with a lot of opportunities ahead of me. I expect to make management within the year.

Cons

There aren’t many drawbacks to working here. It is a great team and a lucrative career. It isn’t without challenges, but still I can’t imagine a better job to have.

Advice to Management

You guys do a great job of engaging the whole team in the company’s mission. I am very happy to be here.

Global Innovative Acquisitions2015-09-16
  3. "Very Strong Positive Changes"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Global Innovative Acquisitions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Real, true potential for growth - not just lip-service. Incredibly strong dedication to their employees, as long as you are willing to give the same in return.

Cons

Seeing others promoted before me.

Advice to Management

Keep rolling your sleeves up! I think the new management has really turned this thing around. Former director had a hard time developing people, and replaced that skill with mass hiring. New director takes time with every single employee personally, and I have seen a big jump in my team's productivity as well as my own.

Global Innovative Acquisitions2015-09-16
  4. "poor business and no room for advancement"

I worked at Global Innovative Acquisitions

Pros

I have nothing good to say.No room for advancement.alot details wanted on the job and they don't wanna pay.the equipment is garbage.vacuums don't work.they want you to move furniture.and don't train you and there are no back braces and no benefits.Not organized.

Cons

Look else where no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Find better management and if you wanna keep your workers.pay them more .and train everyone properly the first time.so the high rates of turnovers won't be as high.

Global Innovative Acquisitions2015-09-24

"Marketing Coordinator"

I worked at Global Innovative Acquisitions full-time

Pros

The service promoted is legitimate. Interaction with consumers. The director leads by example, he is willing to do the same job as the newest member and will inspire and lead you to "over achieve" if you really want it.

Cons

Read the fine print, If you don't fulfill your quota's you only get paid the hourly wage. Those unclaimed commissions are collected by the director. You will have to drive to the office everyday for a pep talk. You will work Saturday. You will work every holiday.

Advice to Management

Be forth coming on how the salary/commission structure is set-up.

Global Innovative Acquisitions2015-08-28

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Global Innovative Acquisitions part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to interact with people face-to-face which is a great skill to develop.

Cons

You not only have long hours, but the majority of the management don't have college degrees. So they're just reading something off a script and it's obvious. There are also long hours, pretty unusual and inconvenient to the average person. They say that they want someone whom is hard working, but, word of advice, never work in any environment where management isn't willing to do the same work as your. A few other cons...

Advice to Management

Add some voice to your words and don't make it so obvious that you're reading off a script.

Global Innovative Acquisitions2015-08-24
      • "Not for most..."

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Global Innovative Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours aren't bad, good experience gained in sales, people skills, and management.

Cons

Empty promises. Unprofessional work environment and boss, who is also extremely rude, crass, and immature. Yells and cusses to get her point across and tries to belittle others and bully her employees into better production... But has no idea she's such an unpleasant human being either. You get good practice at keeping your cool as you're getting disrespected. **Note: I believe the company is under new management now....

Advice to Management

Highest turnover I've ever witnessed in my life. No consistency. Fake-positive work environment. Work on open communication with your employees that doesn't always wind up with you yelling and blaming everyone but yourself.

Global Innovative Acquisitions2015-08-06

"Launch a Successful Business Career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Global Innovative Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned more about business while working here for 9 months than I did in 4 years of college.

Cons

It truly is hard work. Not really a con I guess, since everything of value should take hard work, but this opportunity will push you to put in maximum effort.

Global Innovative Acquisitions2015-05-22
      • "DG"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Global Innovative Acquisitions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work anyway

Cons

Not sure what's to say

Global Innovative Acquisitions2015-04-10

"Best group of people I've ever worked with/for, although the work can be hard"

Current Employee - Multiple Positions Held in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Seriously - the team environment at this place is the best I've experienced anywhere! I learned how to properly set goals and work towards them, and there was always someone I could reach out to if I was having a difficult time or didn't understand something fully. I've gained leadership and business management skills in this position (thanks to the hands-on training approach) that I haven't had the opportunity to before...

Cons

The work can be difficult at times - actually it's been the most challenging position I've held - but the compensation is definitely proportionate to the amount of hard work. It's a high-paced environment, so it can be stressful if you're not good with time management.

Advice to Management

None, really. I've pretty much enjoyed my journey with G.I.A. so far!

Global Innovative Acquisitions2014-10-12