Global Intelligence Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Analyst"

Pros

Good colleagues to learn from

Cons

often work over time, corporate governance is not very standard

Advice to Management

should care more about employees instead of recruiting too many interns

"Research Analyst"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Global Intelligence Alliance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The BEST company I've ever worked for ~ employees treated like family. Supportive team members and amazingly management. Employees were respected and treated fairly by management. Management was well-organized regularly kept all staff members in the loop of any changes.

Cons

Company got bought out in 2014 and hasn't been the same. The company as we knew it no longer exists.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Global Intelligence Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in the Shanghai office for 4 years and had extremely positive experience. The Shanghai office is very heavily focused on SAA (Strategic Analysis & Advisory) projects. We have amazing team members (really really talented people and everyone is extremely kind - the boss doesn't tolerate office politics and negative people, and encourages everyone to be very kind and supportive to each other). Our clients are all top global MNCs, so I had a chance to work for really world class clientele. Our projects vary, we do a lot of market sizing and forecasting, M&A/due diligence work, competitor intelligence and benchmarking work, market tracking work, etc. I can extremely highly recommend this company. It really is a great place to work. The company recently merged with M-Brain Group, so we will have to see how the new co develops. But we now have more offices and ~500 full-time staff globally, so we're growing!

Cons

You have to work hard to succeed, and put in long hours and effort. The boss is demanding but he also makes sure team gets rewarded as much as possible. Anyway, nowdays it's necessary to work very hard to succeed at any company. Compared to other consulting firms, the hours are much better (we don't work 6 or 7 days a week every week or 16 hours days like many firms require).

"Intern Analyst"

Pros

Friendly office, lots of young people. Work is varied and can be quite interesting. Plenty of responsibility even for interns.

Cons

The payment for interns is quite low.

"Great place to work, open environment and feel free to share your ideas"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros

I am working as a senior consultant in GIA Strategic Analysis and Advisory team, during my 4 years stay in GIA, it experienced very fast growing both on team size and the clients. The company is a great place to work, very open and flexible, you can always feel free to share your ideas. There is no politics in the office, everyone just need to focus on the work.

Cons

More Senior ppl in the team

"Great place to work"

Pros

Have been with the company in Strategic Analysis & Advisory team for close to 3 years and have completed many interesting projects for various industries. The company has experienced a fast growth and generated an increasing brand awareness among clients in recent years.

Cons

This is a great place to learn, to work and to live. Everyone can find their own way to succeed in the company.

Advice to Management

Maybe more BD activities.

"Great firm, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros

I am reviewing the co from perspective of SAA (Strategic Analysis & Advisory team). There are 2 teams in Shanghai office (SAA team and Research Center team - each team has about 20 full time staff and around 5 to 8 interns to support teams). Been with co for over 4 years. Great culture. Great team. Great mgmt. World class clients (all top global corporations). Big and interesting projects. Co has been growing really quickly and top performers and given lots of opportunity, so can really grow and develop quickly. Really awesome co to work for. And I've made a lot of great friends in office (ppl are really friendly).

Cons

None really. Got to work really hard if you want to succeed in company. But top performers are well rewarded. The RC team does more simpler and maybe less interesting work (no big and complex projects like SAA), so depends what you want.

Advice to Management

Maybe advertising more to build brand further.

8. "offshore consulting. hire a bunch of interns with low payment but give low promise of full-time employment"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros

good office culture. very flat structure. payment is not very bad.

Cons

No data analysis/data crunch. Analysts just do desk research, translate and summarize the industry/market news. Not so challenging. Feel didn't learn much from this job.

9. "Horrible. "Analysts" read and summary news articles - no numbers processed."

Former Employee - Junior Analyst in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Junior Analyst in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Global Intelligence Alliance full-time

Pros

Ok pay and Friendly mgmt. good offices location. Possibility to rise to middle mgmt

Cons

No one working smart - all working hard - 60+ hours to impress mgmt. don't value talent. Hire cheap and "train".

Advice to Management

Analysts crunch numbers - copyrighters write newsletters

"great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros

good career path: lots of opportunity and challenges in daily work
    high growth: the company is growing very fast, so as individual

Cons

high workload: if you are not a driven person, you may not be able to stand the workload