Global Marketing Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paula Silveira

"Success is a choice."

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management. Very positive and supportive atmosphere, everyone wants to see you be successful and will coach you to get there. Amazing growth opportunity. The negative reviews here are from people that aren't willing to work hard to get to their goals. I've been with the company since October 2016 and have had increased success and promotions. Hard work pays off.

Cons

It is a sales job, where you're constantly meeting new people. If you're not driven, determined and ready to learn and grow, this isn't the place for you. Go get a 9-5 where you'll cap out in two years working for someone else. Your success or failure is your choice.

"Pretty Awesome Thus Far"

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working with Global for a few months now and I'm really pleased with the flexibility and energy of my new work environment. Overall, I've learned some new things and am gaining new skill sets every day. Also gunning for the next trip to the Florida Keys, hopefully ill do well enough to get invited to that company event next quarter.

Cons

The pace. My last job was not as demanding, but hey, at least I'm not bored. Also, bonuses are based on the quality job you do with customers, so make sure to make you spend time with every client or it will reflect in your paycheck.

Advice to Management

More business trips. It was awesome getting that new perspective on the direct marketing industry and I'd like to have the opportunity to travel more with the company.

"DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN"

Current Employee - Insight Global in Hyattsville, MD
    Current Employee - Insight Global in Hyattsville, MD

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, great staff

Cons

you cant grow, its not a career path

Advice to Management

I'm a fast learner, Imy hands dirty to get t'm willing to get the job done

"for the hard working people who want greatness"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Columbia, MD

Pros

Great work environment and fun job. It is performance based if you don't have good work ethic and give up easily this isn't the job for you. Opportunity for ownership in under a year. Fun and exciting business tips (ocean city, myrtle Beach ect) bonuses are thrown often. You can honestly make up to 2000 a week. 8-5 hours

Cons

In sales people can be very unwelcoming at times.

Advice to Management

I love this job and want to thank Paula for the opportunity

"Great Entry Level Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, MD

Pros

As an entry level candidate you are able to learn customer service, sales, marketing tactics, and team work.

Cons

You have to work 8-5:30 M-F.

Advice to Management

I do not have much to say to management, since I was able to communicate every day with management about how I was doing and learning everything.

"Avoid"

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are very friendly, rather unprofessional sadly.

Cons

Pure commission base+above the required quota, the offered salary payment plan is actually a quota driven salary.
    Claim 9-5 actual 8-6ish

Advice to Management

Good people, please make clear salary is not salary when it is pure commission driven.

"Waste of time"

Former Employee - Sales Person in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Columbia, MD

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i guess if you don't have much job experience, your desperate, they'll give you a job in like 2 days.

Cons

Door to door sales. I didn't like the fact that they weren't honest about the job up front. They never say anything about it being door to door sales. They say that you can make all this money, but I wasn't seeing it. I also didn't like the fact that you had to use your own vehicle and drive from columbia to baltimore every day and walk around talking to people. It just isn't good unless you like being in sales. I tried to give it an honest shot but it was such a waste of effort and money on gas so I quit after like a month I think. People would be there one day and gone the next lol. All the negative reviews are very accurate.

Advice to Management

At least try to be somewhat honest to people.

"Account Executive"

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. the only decent thing is maybe u will be selected for a business trip. but be prepared to pay for everything and be stuffed into a hotel room sharing beds with practically strangers

Cons

everything. they lie. they say its 830-6. no. it was more like 7-7 everyday. its door to door sales. they wll take u on an interview with 1 or 2 other associates that work there. but really you are always alone

u will do the door to door sales in rain. snow or 105degrees.

ur always eating lunch on the go. no refridgerator. you basically work out of your car.

PYRAMID SCHEME

0 benefits
    0 PTO
    0 healthcare
    0 gas reimbursement

do not work here. do not quit yourjob for this place
    you will regret it.
    they HIRE EVERYONE
    its a job that requires are car but yet they will hire u if u dont have a car then expect you to take a bus.

Advice to Management

stop lying and stop making fake reviews on these kind of sites. no one thinks youre good. you have the highest turn over rate ever.. people quit everyday

"Good fast paced job."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job is fast paced but the training was thorough. I really felt like my coworkers cared when they were training me and not just like they "had to". The training was so fun that it felt like it went so fast!

Cons

Sometimes with a fast pace, you miss a few details. No worries though, I was able to ask plenty of questions even after training.

Advice to Management

Thanks for making sure I got help with everything and pointing me in the right direction for the best advice!

"Great Start!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was right out of college with little experience in marketing. It was super tough to find a job and I did NOT want to work fast food! They hired me and trained me, I got some great hands on experience. Loving my current job!

Cons

Its weird not having only weekends off. Totally used to being a weekend warrior!

Advice to Management

Make some days optional on productive weeks? That way I can make it to the bank!